2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (IND WINS 4-3)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins GAME 7 and goes to the ECFs?

Knicks
33%
Pacers
67%

Total votes: 110

picc
RealGM
And1: 18,355

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 2-0) 

Post#3881 » by picc » Sat May 11, 2024 1:55 am

Im Coming Home wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:
picc wrote:
I think I saw the word disgusting used a dozen times. From the same guys who didn't have a care in the world after game 1.

The lack of self awareness is honestly incredible. Legit impressive. It might just be New Yorkers, but who knows.

Yeah I kinda expected it from some fans because that's what "fans" are - irrational. What I didn't expect was playing the victim part. I'm like christ, you guys are leading the series 2-0 (2-1 now) and 1 game was clearly gifted to them, and somehow they're the victims? This world's got too many crybabies claiming victim I'm sick of it.

I just don't think crying to the media should alter how the officiating is done.

Game 1 was def very bad. Game 2 was called evenly, call every game like Game 2 and both teams fans would be fine. But no, they cried and they suddenly get a bunch of calls going their way, it's not a coincidence. And that's why it is disgusting, it shows how almost rigged the NBA can be in that sense(not in the literal WWE sense) that you can influence officiating by crying to the media.

It would be nice to not hear another word about the refs until game 4 starts, now that both fanbases feel hosed in one game.

But that's not how this is gonna work is it.
3ddman23
General Manager
And1: 2,693

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#3882 » by 3ddman23 » Sat May 11, 2024 1:56 am

Hart got called for a charge while nembhard was still sliding over but a few plays down Brunson got called for a block on the siakim drive and he was more still and in postion then nembhard. This is why they say refs have to much say over a game. How was Brunson a block but nembhard drew the charge? Those are swing calls.
GO MAGIC
Hoop Hunter
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,548

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#3883 » by Hoop Hunter » Sat May 11, 2024 1:56 am

That was the worse we played this series. It sure helps when most of the calls don't go against you.

Brunson still got several change paths create contact and get a call.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,429

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 2-0) 

Post#3884 » by Luv those Knicks » Sat May 11, 2024 1:57 am

Nuntius wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
Yes, some people do talk about the reffing. Not all of them do, though. If you have seen my posts in this and other threads, I do not really talk about that topic all that much. My non-gamethread posts in here are mainly about defending the team I support and its fanbase from random strays. Randomly calling out Haliburton, a player that doesn't have a history of flopping, a flopper is an example of that.

Haliburton absolutely has a history of being a flopper. The announcer here even says "he's one of the best floppers in the game". So it's not just me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pacers/comments/18hx9gz/thoughts_on_giannis_knocking_tyrese_haliburton_to/

I do not remember that particular play, to be honest. But thank you for bringing it to my attention. And, sure, I will readily admit that Hali exaggerates contact here. So, if you want to count it as a flop, so be it (personally, I side with another Knicks fan who said during the last game that for him, at least, a flop isn't when a player exaggerates contact but when he invents contact that didn't take place at all but that's splitting hairs).

Still, though, I'm not impressed. A singular incident where a player exaggerates contact doesn't make him a flopper. Is DiVincenzo a well-known flopper because he flopped in game 1 to get the offensive foul on Turner? Is Josh Hart a well-known flopper for this flop against Embiid?

We have to be consistent here. Either all 3 of them are "well-known floppers" or no one is. If you want to consider them floppers, be my guest.

Personally, I do not consider any of these 3 to be well-known floppers. When I think of well-known floppers I think of habitual ones like CP3, Harden and Embiid. I do not think of players who only have an occasional flop here or there. But that's just me. You are free to have a different opinion.

I wonder if we're watching the same games?

You can clearly see that Josh actually is off balance. His feet are ahead of his body. He's trying not to body Embiid and get a foul on himself. Did he embellish - sure, but this one actually is a case of the player being off-balance.

Also, Josh doesn't milk it. He doesn't look to the refs. He gets right up.
Now it's all about the off-season for my Knicks. (and rooting for Boston to crush Indiana).
Fat
RealGM
And1: 24,020

Post#3885 » by Fat » Sat May 11, 2024 1:57 am

I’m convinced a fully healthy Knicks team would have won the championship this season.
___Rand___
RealGM
And1: 10,510

Post#3886 » by ___Rand___ » Sat May 11, 2024 1:57 am

Im Coming Home wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:
picc wrote:
I think I saw the word disgusting used a dozen times. From the same guys who didn't have a care in the world after game 1.

The lack of self awareness is honestly incredible. Legit impressive. It might just be New Yorkers, but who knows.

Yeah I kinda expected it from some fans because that's what "fans" are - irrational. What I didn't expect was playing the victim part. I'm like christ, you guys are leading the series 2-0 (2-1 now) and 1 game was clearly gifted to them, and somehow they're the victims? This world's got too many crybabies claiming victim I'm sick of it.

I just don't think crying to the media should alter how the officiating is done.

Game 1 was def very bad. Game 2 was called evenly, call every game like Game 2 and both teams fans would be fine. But no, they cried and they suddenly get a bunch of calls going their way, it's not a coincidence. And that's why it is disgusting, it shows how almost rigged the NBA can be in that sense(not in the literal WWE sense) that you can influence officiating by crying to the media.

Wait don't tell me you just started following NBA only in the playoffs this year? So you never seen coaches complain about refereeing post game? lol welcome to 2024!!! Rick should've done it after game 1. Rick's coaching has been lacking.
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,104

Post#3887 » by Im Coming Home » Sat May 11, 2024 1:57 am

Hoop Hunter wrote:That was the worse we played this series. It sure helps when most of the calls don't go against you.

Helps when you get every call going your way after your coach cries to the media.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
Jmonty580
General Manager
And1: 407

Post#3888 » by Jmonty580 » Sat May 11, 2024 1:57 am

CreekShow wrote:Love watching Knicks fans complain about bad calls and not getting fous

I think we feel like the pacers were lucky to win this game even with the refs help. The Knicks will continue to play hard and not worry about the bad calls and just try to win the games.

To be fair the pacers players have been nothing but classy taking full blame for losses as I expected the Knicks players will do as well. It's the pacers fans that are complaining about the refs.
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,104

Post#3889 » by Im Coming Home » Sat May 11, 2024 1:58 am

___Rand___ wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:

Wait don't tell me you just started following NBA only in the playoffs this year? So you never seen coaches complain about refereeing post game? lol welcome to 2024!!! Rick should've done it after game 1. Rick's coaching has been lacking.

I've seen it plenty I'm saying it shouldn't work and it's gross that it does.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,285

Post#3890 » by seren » Sat May 11, 2024 1:58 am

3ddman23 wrote:
seren wrote:Mission accomplished for Carlisle. Indy is not a worthy opponent. I have no idea how they were able to beat Milwaukee. Refs?

Ummm maybe casue that former mvp wasn't playing much huh.... don't we think that maybe the reason?? Lol

Honestly I didn’t watch the series. Indy looks so disorganized on offensive end and the defense has been a Swiss cheese against a seriously banged up opponent. It is a miracle they have won that many games. I think they should consider a coaching change in the off season. I would also not extend Siakam. He looks like fake hustle out there.
Najeem27
General Manager
And1: 2,778

Post#3891 » by Najeem27 » Sat May 11, 2024 1:58 am

Hoop Hunter wrote:That was the worse we played this series. It sure helps when most of the calls don't go against you.

That was actually the best lmaoo. Siakam making wild bs shots and the last 3

6th seed for a reason
rickxdel
Junior
And1: 489

Post#3892 » by rickxdel » Sat May 11, 2024 1:58 am

Crazy how the league obviously tells ref to favor certain teams from game to game in the playoffs to make them more competitive and avoid sweeps, more games = more $$$ and we're all here watching :lol:
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,214

Post#3893 » by theFireBlanket » Sat May 11, 2024 1:58 am

Clincher wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:Thibs really needs to get his guys more rest in games like this. Dead legs down the stretch.

Tough when you're down 4 regulars, guys like Burks and Sims were getting into this game.

Its tough but you're better off letting those guys get an energy boost & avoiding more injuries. To each their own though.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,551

Post#3894 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Sat May 11, 2024 1:58 am

[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=61&t=MPeU-EDy-alplcFFI5Ykzg[/x]

I can’t wait for the L2M report to tell us about this one :lol:
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,273

Post#3895 » by Nuntius » Sat May 11, 2024 1:58 am

life_saver wrote:I am not sure why people are surprised at refs overturning that foul call. It's happened lot of times in RS too. Basically the refs only look at the point where they called the foul...they don't review whatever happened prior to that point. Even if a player got fouled earlier in the drive, it doesn't matter...they just try to determine whether the player was fouled or not at the point where they actually called the foul

I will say though the worst non-call of the game was actually the one towards the end where Siakam was blocking Hartenstein from even defending the rim..that should have called a foul

100% agreed. There was no foul at the moment the refs blew their whistle. There definitely was a foul a couple of seconds earlier but the refs missed it. So, when they reviewed the call, they couldn't do anything but overturn it since there was no foul at the moment they blew their whistle.

I also agree that Siakam should have been called for a foul on that play. He clearly impeded Hartenstein from challenging that shot and that is a foul.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
___Rand___
RealGM
And1: 10,510

Post#3896 » by ___Rand___ » Sat May 11, 2024 1:59 am

picc wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:

It would be nice to not hear another word about the refs until game 4 starts, now that both fanbases feel hosed in one game.

I don't even know how Knicks can say they were hosed. It was nothing like game 1. Yeah there been some bad calls and non-calls but not as blatant as it was in the 2 games in New York.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 13,385

Post#3897 » by Chuck Everett » Sat May 11, 2024 1:59 am

Fat wrote:I’m convinced a fully healthy Knicks team would have won the championship this season.

I believe the same thing. Kind of sad. Just gotta hope next year they're healthy, but they need to hang on to several guys.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
picc
RealGM
And1: 18,355

Post#3898 » by picc » Sat May 11, 2024 2:00 am

___Rand___ wrote:
picc wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:I just don't think crying to the media should alter how the officiating is done.

I don't even know how Knicks can say they were hosed. It was nothing like game 1. Yeah there been some bad calls and non-calls but not as blatant as it was in the 2 games in New York.

I know. But I'm willing to give them this one if it means they're willing to call it even and stop the hypocritical bitching.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,970

Post#3899 » by ForeverTFC » Sat May 11, 2024 2:00 am

I know this isn’t popular, but man I felt bad for those refs in that 4th quarter. The Knicks couldn’t score without drawing fouls and the Pacers couldn’t defend without fouling. They could have blown whistles every 5 seconds.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,466

Post#3900 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sat May 11, 2024 2:00 am

Nuntius wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
drekwins wrote:Absolute choke by the Knicks. No rebounding and Brunson has been awful at FTs all playoffs. What a fail. They had this game.

Its almost like he's playing thru an injury

Yep, he's definitely limited by his injury. He's still fighting through it like a champ. He's a real warrior.

Even still, good game my man

Return to The General Board