2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (IND WINS 4-3)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins GAME 7 and goes to the ECFs?

Knicks
33%
Pacers
67%

Total votes: 110

Najeem27
General Manager
And1: 2,778

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#3961 » by Najeem27 » Sat May 11, 2024 4:58 am

Nuntius wrote:
kodo wrote:Haliburton hobbling.

It's funny to me that some people still swear up and down that he's not playing through injuries.

Nobody cares man it’s the playoffs. Look at the knicks they don’t cry about half the team being injured and doesn’t send 78 tapes to the refs
Najeem27
General Manager
And1: 2,778

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#3962 » by Najeem27 » Sat May 11, 2024 4:59 am

Nuntius wrote:
Najeem27 wrote:
Hoop Hunter wrote:How is that a excuse? Just facts. Why the hell would I need an excuse for a 6th seed losing to a 2 seed. Your trash talk game needs a lot of work dude.

I said before series started we were playing with house money. We're not supposed to be moving on. This season was about some playoff experience, period. You guys are supposed to beat us.

And we will beat the pacers

To say the pacers didn’t play great when they had their best game against an injured Knicks is ludicrous.

If it wasn’t for the prayer 3 they would’ve lost

Haliburton and Siakam had their best game of the series but Hoop isn't wrong either. Our bench had its worse game by a pretty huge margin and Nembhard had his worst game of the series up until the shot (Turner and Nesmith had similar games with what they had in game 1). And, yes, we definitely would have lost without that prayer 3.

Look, the fact of the matter is that all 3 of these games have been really competitive. All of them have been close with teams trading leads back and forth. The difference between this game and the previous ones was that we executed better down the stretch. It doesn't mean that we played better basketball throughout the game than we did in our losses.

A prayer 3 with secs left wasn’t better execution it was luck. Knicks had the pacers trapped on that possession
___Rand___
RealGM
And1: 10,514

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 2-0) 

Post#3963 » by ___Rand___ » Sat May 11, 2024 5:02 am

Im Coming Home wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:I've seen it plenty I'm saying it shouldn't work and it's gross that it does.

There were some calls that favored both teams in this game. This game wasn't as badly officiated as the first 2 games in NY where the incompetence and favoritism was incredulous and obvious. And shameful to the game.

Reffing didn't determine the outcome of this game. It was the offensive boards and one incredible shot at the end of the game. If Pacers didn't get the boards, and Nembhard didn't hit that prayer, they lost this.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Game 2 was the most even officiated game I've seen all playoffs, and this game had multiple missed/wrong calls down the stretch in the Pacers favor. You're just trolling now man.

You're a Knicks fan, without perspective. I don't care which way this series goes. I had called this 4-2 for Knicks before the it started. I ain't a fan of either team. But when I see shyt that's one sided I call it like it. You don't seem to remember the mugging DiVincenzo gave to Hali that wasn't called, amongst other non-calls in game 2? Also, you're implicitly acknowledging game 1 was ridiculously rigged for Knicks by saying it was game 2 that was even. Game 2 was even because Knicks didn't need the rigged calls to win it. But you don't see the calls that didn't go against you. As a Knicks fan. That's just how your brain function as a fan of Knicks. I did.
___Rand___
RealGM

Post#3964 » by ___Rand___ » Sat May 11, 2024 5:05 am

There was a margin foul on Brunson before he attempted the prayer to tie the game. Nembhard with the hack on arm. Should have been 2 FTs. Doesn't decide the game.

Read on Twitter
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,275

Post#3965 » by Nuntius » Sat May 11, 2024 5:06 am

Najeem27 wrote:
Nuntius wrote:

It's funny to me that some people still swear up and down that he's not playing through injuries.

Nobody cares man it’s the playoffs. Look at the knicks they don’t cry about half the team being injured and doesn’t send 78 tapes to the refs

The fact that the Knicks are short-handed is actually mentioned constantly. And it should be mentioned constantly as it affects the series. The same goes for Haliburton's injury.

Mentioning the injuries that each team has isn't an excuse. It's context. Both teams are facing injuries. New York is facing more injuries than Indiana does. Both team's stars are currently limited by injuries. Brunson is outplaying Haliburton.

All of the above is true. None of it is an excuse. You gotta play through it.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
___Rand___
RealGM

Post#3966 » by ___Rand___ » Sat May 11, 2024 5:07 am

Najeem27 wrote:
Nuntius wrote:

But that's because Knicks fans are doing a lot of crying for them.
___Rand___
RealGM

Post#3967 » by ___Rand___ » Sat May 11, 2024 5:11 am

Nuntius wrote:
Najeem27 wrote:
Nuntius wrote:

The fact that the Knicks are short-handed is actually mentioned constantly. And it should be mentioned constantly as it affects the series. The same goes for Haliburton's injury.

Mentioning the injuries that each team has isn't an excuse. It's context. Both teams are facing injuries. New York is facing more injuries than Indiana does. Both team's stars are currently limited by injuries. Brunson is outplaying Haliburton.

It's only an issue when people are deriding Hali's play when he's playing injured. It's very clear to me he isn't the same guy as earlier in the season. Just as game 2 Murray wasn't the same guy who showed up tonight. Some people just do not have the power of observation.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,388

Post#3968 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Sat May 11, 2024 5:13 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:lol

just say you haven't watched him play all season
His last 8 games are anomalous even for him.

Sent from my SM-A146U using RealGM mobile app

Again, just say you haven't watched many Knicks games and we can move on

Wait ??? Knicks lost ??? How ?
Hoop Hunter
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,550

Post#3969 » by Hoop Hunter » Sat May 11, 2024 5:28 am

Najeem27 wrote:
Nuntius wrote:

Ha Ha. There have been about 100 posts NY guys crying about injuries. How we wouldn't have any chance otherwise. Maybe we wouldn't, I don't know, but don't pretend you guys haven't cried like a stuck pig anyway. Remember nobody cares it's the playoffs, right?

I've read a dozen posts about how you guys would probably beat Boston and make the finals if you were only healthy. You guys are not a super team with everyone healthy. You guys have more injuries than us at the moment, but remember nobody cares. We had injuries this regular season also, I know nobody cares.

You guys won 3 more regular season games than us, 3. A horrible, overrated, trash team, want to be's, worst team in the entire playoffs by you guys account. :lol:
B-easy
Starter
And1: 601

Post#3970 » by B-easy » Sat May 11, 2024 5:32 am

Didn't realize Knicks shot 14-27 (52%) from 3 and lost.
RB34
RealGM
And1: 15,380

Post#3971 » by RB34 » Sat May 11, 2024 5:50 am

Knicks fans calling out Pacers fans for complaining about injuries and calls. Knicks fans were complaining about injuries and calls in round 1.

How the turntables.

This is a great series so far.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,786

Post#3972 » by iLLmatic860 » Sat May 11, 2024 5:55 am

RB34 wrote:Knicks fans calling out Pacers fans for complaining about injuries and calls. Knicks fans were complaining about injuries and calls in round 1.

How the turntables.

Actually its moreso when people say stuff like Sixers would win if Embiid was healthy..or Pacers would be up this series if Halli is healthy

like the Knicks aren't battling injuries themselves

so of course its gonna be brought up

its the playoffs...its why there are 12 man rosters.....its part of the game..nobody is 100 percent healthy come playoff time
RB34
RealGM
And1: 15,380

Post#3973 » by RB34 » Sat May 11, 2024 6:00 am

iLLmatic860 wrote:
RB34 wrote:Knicks fans calling out Pacers fans for complaining about injuries and calls. Knicks fans were complaining about injuries and calls in round 1.

How the turntables.

Actually its moreso when people say stuff like Sixers would win if Embiid was healthy..or Pacers would be up this series if Halli is healthy

like the Knicks aren't battling injuries themselves

so of course its gonna be brought up

its the playoffs...its why there are 12 man rosters.....its part of the game..nobody is 100 percent healthy come playoff time

Philly could have definitely made that argument. Then you guys could make the argument about Randle being injured and Embiid trying to end Mitch’s career.

I agree, everyone is going through some stuff and everyone has been on the wrong end of a bad call.

It’s the playoffs, the best time of year!
SweaterBae
Sixth Man
And1: 2,278

Post#3974 » by SweaterBae » Sat May 11, 2024 6:13 am

___Rand___ wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
Najeem27 wrote:

It's only an issue when people are deriding Hali's play when he's playing injured. It's very clear to me he isn't the same guy as earlier in the season. Just as game 2 Murray wasn't the same guy who showed up tonight. Some people just do not have the power of observation.

This is fair but he's *playing the game*. Let's drop 2 starters and 2 rotation players from Indy's roster and it's a bloodbath sweep.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,583

Post#3975 » by stuporman » Sat May 11, 2024 6:23 am

It's funny how fans of the Sixers, Raptors, Celtics and Nets are complaining about injuries and calls in games/series their teams aren't even playing in...kinda weird, it's like they have an agenda or something.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
LaLover11
Sixth Man
And1: 956

Post#3976 » by LaLover11 » Sat May 11, 2024 6:31 am

Najeem27 wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
Najeem27 wrote:
And we will beat the pacers

To say the pacers didn’t play great when they had their best game against an injured Knicks is ludicrous.

If it wasn’t for the prayer 3 they would’ve lost

Haliburton and Siakam had their best game of the series but Hoop isn't wrong either. Our bench had its worse game by a pretty huge margin and Nembhard had his worst game of the series up until the shot (Turner and Nesmith had similar games with what they had in game 1). And, yes, we definitely would have lost without that prayer 3.

Look, the fact of the matter is that all 3 of these games have been really competitive. All of them have been close with teams trading leads back and forth. The difference between this game and the previous ones was that we executed better down the stretch. It doesn't mean that we played better basketball throughout the game than we did in our losses.

A prayer 3 with secs left wasn’t better execution it was luck. Knicks had the pacers trapped on that possession

I guess MJ got lucky several times in the playoffs
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,624

Post#3977 » by eyeatoma » Sat May 11, 2024 7:41 am

Read on Twitter
yoadknux
Pro Prospect
And1: 237

Post#3978 » by yoadknux » Sat May 11, 2024 7:55 am

One thing for certain: All 3 games thus far went down the wire, with lead changes and runs throughout the entire game. What a great series.
Piston Prince wrote:Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,429

Post#3979 » by Luv those Knicks » Sat May 11, 2024 8:31 am

NiceLikeChrist wrote:
You weren’t winning game. You can believe that as much as you want but Brunson was reasonably healthy that game. You guys weren’t winning a close game in the 4th.

You guys pulled a miracle out of a hat plus ref home cooking just to win this close game in the 4th where we were missing even more players than game 1 and Brunson is playing hobbled.

What are you even talking about? The game was tied with 42 seconds left. Nembhard made a desperation 3 and that gave you the game. A game the refs had given you the advantage in all quarter.

I guess, you could argue, with the refs in your corner, that the game was yours, but tied with 40 seconds left is still anyone's game.
Now it's all about the off-season for my Knicks. (and rooting for Boston to crush Indiana).
yoadknux
Pro Prospect
And1: 237

Post#3980 » by yoadknux » Sat May 11, 2024 8:57 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter

;ab_channel=MaeconTeo
Piston Prince wrote:Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season

Return to The General Board