Did they forget about Wemby?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,364

Re: Did they forget about Wemby? 

Post#41 » by BDM22 » Thu May 16, 2024 10:30 am

Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,299

Post#42 » by Calvin Klein » Thu May 16, 2024 10:37 am

We should know the age of people making threads. This one is probably not done with high school yet
hauntedcomputer
Veteran
And1: 4,128

Post#43 » by hauntedcomputer » Thu May 16, 2024 11:17 am

SweaterBae wrote:
You are just making things up. I love Wemby. Can you name a single person/post/whatever who doesn't think he's going to be a threat? Like what are you even talking about? He's basically already revered. Who is they?

Yo, just go read the pre-draft threads, everybody thought he'd snap like dry spaghetti. This being RGM, though, they jumped bandwagons faster than Lebron.
+++
Schadenfreude is undefeated.
Astaluego
Junior
And1: 176

Post#44 » by Astaluego » Thu May 16, 2024 12:05 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:Yeah why hype up the three time MVP who is dominating the playoffs.

They should be talking about the rookie sitting at home.

What a take.
The Future is now. Y'all gonna eat crow when this man takes over the league. Keep downplaying like San Antonio ain't known for putting dynasty teams together. Better pray he doesn't get a sidekick.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves...hopefully so, but I can't help but have concerns about his health in the medium/long term.
Old Mike Lorenzo
VINO 24
Rookie
And1: 829

Post#45 » by VINO 24 » Thu May 16, 2024 12:43 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:I dont know what they said about Jokic but he's by far the best player in the game. Hard time seeing any team beating this Denver team. They're all still young as well.

When all is said and done Jokic will probaly be there in the top 10 discussions. Hell if he continues to win titles and individual awards people might talk top 5.

I'm guessing you never heard of this Wemby kid. Most hyped since LeBron already had a better rookie season than LeBron.

Yeah they sleeping on him. I saw something that made me think "He's the real chosen 1".... :o

Are you sleeping with him?
twitter.com/MasteredJedi
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,184

Post#46 » by bstein14 » Thu May 16, 2024 12:52 pm

It'll be interesting to see the strategy from SA this offseason. Are they going to continue to try to build from the draft and make the slow rise of internal youth development plus maybe a Tyus Jones like FA signing.... or are they going to swing for a trade to bring in another all-star caliber guy to try to go out and become a playoff team in year two for Wemby.
Pattycakes
General Manager
And1: 1,545

Post#47 » by Pattycakes » Thu May 16, 2024 1:06 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:I get the Jokic hype, but just know there is that alien in San Antonio who just put the league on notice in his rookie season. People acting like he won't be a threat to Jokic better think again. Wemby a legit 20 pounds from being the King Kong to the Godzilla of Jokic. Just a PSA do not forget about Wemby. He's something we never seen! :o

Nowadays, everybody wanna talk like they got something to say but nothing comes out when they move their lips just a bunch of gibberish and MF's act like they forgot about Wemby 8-)

I’ve never acted in my life sir, always thought it’d be an interesting profession however.
Infinite Llamas
General Manager
And1: 21,787

Post#48 » by Infinite Llamas » Thu May 16, 2024 1:11 pm

Bornstellar wrote:OP consistently has some of the best takes on this forum tbh. Y'all should pay attention

Bucks in 6
Gerald Green Loves LLamas!
Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,889

Post#49 » by Roger Murdock » Thu May 16, 2024 1:50 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:I dont know what they said about Jokic but he's by far the best player in the game. Hard time seeing any team beating this Denver team. They're all still young as well.

When all is said and done Jokic will probaly be there in the top 10 discussions. Hell if he continues to win titles and individual awards people might talk top 5.

I'm guessing you never heard of this Wemby kid. Most hyped since LeBron already had a better rookie season than LeBron.

Yeah they sleeping on him. I saw something that made me think "He's the real chosen 1".... :o

His rookie season was his fifth season as a pro basketball player and he was a year older than LeBron

LeBrons rookie season was his first year as a pro - he was at a small Catholic high school for 4 years prior getting considerably worse development. As a second year pro at the same age as Wemby he won 42 games, put up 27/7/7 on better %, and made second team all NBA
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,289

Post#50 » by Edrees » Thu May 16, 2024 7:29 pm

Gusto1903 wrote:
Edrees wrote:jokic will be in decline (no longer in his prime) when wemby is on a contender, in about 4-5 years.

For some reason, given Jokic' playstyle. I doubt that he will fall off greatly, even if he should decline. Also he is rarely injured. Dudes a monster.

Wemby on the other hand is a walking career altering injury threat. While i love him, and think he is one of the craziest talents ive seen , with goat potential. I always put an asterisk next to him, because people his size often deal with injuries and rarely fulfill their true potential and long reign.

I'm not saying he'll be washed or anything but he wont be prime jokic, so of course Wemby will win the matchups by then. That's all.

He will fall off massively on the defensive end. I've seen it with Pau Gasol. He still had all his skills offensively but with defense, he was an automatic bucket when he got older and he'd get tired, not have conditioning, having aches and pains. That stuff catches up with you as a big guy. He'll still be great on offense. The injuries pile up on big guys though late in their careers.
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,481

Post#51 » by Woodsanity » Thu May 16, 2024 7:34 pm

Its the playoffs. We can care about this stuff in the off season. Wemby will be great though ofc.
UglyBugBall wrote:Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work.
To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him.

:lol:
Frank Dux
Head Coach
And1: 9,439

Post#52 » by Frank Dux » Thu May 16, 2024 7:35 pm

Wemby will soon have his day. For now it’s Jokic’s league.
AlexanderRight
Senior
And1: 804

Post#53 » by AlexanderRight » Thu May 16, 2024 7:39 pm

Joker's legacy is already set. Champion, 3-Time MVP, Greatest Passing Big Man Ever, probably greatest 2nd Round pick ever. Greatest international player ever? There's nothing anyone can do, including Wemby, that can take away from that. Don't worry. Your brain won't explode if you like two players at the same time.
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,962

Post#54 » by Jadoogar » Thu May 16, 2024 7:43 pm

yea this guy is on the ignore list for a reason, thanks for confirming.
LaLover11
Sixth Man
And1: 1,083

Post#55 » by LaLover11 » Thu May 16, 2024 8:16 pm

Just another bol Bol

We're over him
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
Dangun
Pro Prospect
And1: 265

Post#56 » by Dangun » Thu May 16, 2024 8:28 pm

EmperorLocky wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
EmperorLocky wrote:
OP been having one of those arguments in his head and he still losing.

What argument?

When did I ever say Jokic is not the best player in the league?

I recognize he's great, I'm just not worshipping him like everyone else. It's why I stand out from the rest. I think Wemby is going to be a major threat to his throne sooner than later.

You have main character syndrome.

Lmao MCS.. “yo everybody worshipping Jokic so ima go parrot wemby takeover cause I stand out from the rest” :lol:
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,955

Post#57 » by Jakay » Thu May 16, 2024 8:31 pm

SweaterBae wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
SweaterBae wrote:Puff puff pass. He just won ROY and was 2nd in DPOY voting. Also, we're watching the playoffs from home, just like Wemby.

Get them jokes off while you can. I hope you keep that same energy when he gets a squad around him.

You are just making things up. I love Wemby. Can you name a single person/post/whatever who doesn't think he's going to be a threat? Like what are you even talking about? He's basically already revered. Who is they?

Now days everyone want to post
like they got somethin to say
But nothing makes sense
from their finger tips
just a bunch of gibberish
and OP goin on about someone named "they"
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 7,035

Post#58 » by JustBuzzin » Thu May 16, 2024 8:34 pm

Jakay wrote:
SweaterBae wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Get them jokes off while you can. I hope you keep that same energy when he gets a squad around him.

Now days everyone want to post
like they got somethin to say
But nothing makes sense
from their finger tips
just a bunch of gibberish
and OP goin on about someone named "they"

:lol:

Pretty hilarious.
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,641

Post#59 » by Myth » Thu May 16, 2024 8:48 pm

Plot twist: OP hates Wemby and is using this strawman troll tactic to try to get people annoyed of Wemby by proxy of his fans.
Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 3,412

Post#60 » by Iwasawitness » Thu May 16, 2024 9:03 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:Yeah why hype up the three time MVP who is dominating the playoffs.

They should be talking about the rookie sitting at home.

What a take.
The Future is now. Y'all gonna eat crow when this man takes over the league. Keep downplaying like San Antonio ain't known for putting dynasty teams together. Better pray he doesn't get a sidekick.

What the **** are you going on about?

No one is denying Wemby is the future. But he’s not in the playoffs right now. He’s sitting at home watching the playoffs like the rest of us. Meanwhile Jokic just lit up the guy who beat Wemby for DPOY voting.

No one is downplaying anyone. We just don’t have a reason to care about him right now.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!

Return to The General Board