[Shams] I'm told LeBron James is not involved in the Lakers head coaching search

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Camby_Bamby
Ballboy
And1: 40

Re: [Shams] I'm told LeBron James is not involved in the Lakers head coaching search 

Post#41 » by Camby_Bamby » Mon May 20, 2024 7:49 pm

Kilroy wrote:The real question is why is it so important to the Lakers/LeBron to push such an insultingly stupid narrative?
What would it matter if people assumed LeBron was involved in the search? We all do anyway... Is Rich Paul and his team so arrogant that the believe stating LeBron isn't involved is just going to magically convince everyone that he really isn't given all the history?

It really couldn't matter less, but at the same time, it's a fascinating mass-marketing study.

100% this. The Klutch/media machine has never been this bad and desperate.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,306

Re: [Shams] I'm told LeBron James is not involved in the Lakers head coaching search 

Post#42 » by Lalouie » Mon May 20, 2024 8:23 pm

"I'M TOLD,,,"

this is akin to starting a rumor. if you know you know and wouldn't say "i am told"

there is literally no point to write "i am told"

and btw, we've been told this for several weeks by lebron inc through his outlets
Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 3,417

Post#43 » by Iwasawitness » Mon May 20, 2024 8:26 pm

rapstarter wrote:
dockingsched wrote:
Slacktard wrote:
But a leading candidate just so happens to be the co-host of a podcast with LeBron James...

That’s why Rich Paul had to spell it out for guys like you lol

Read on Twitter

Genuine question, and not necessarily about JJ: do you actually believe LeBron is not involved?

I’m a LeBron fanboy and I’m 100% sure he’s involved.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,747

Post#44 » by jbk1234 » Mon May 20, 2024 8:32 pm

He might be leaving.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,566

Post#45 » by zimpy27 » Mon May 20, 2024 9:04 pm

"The bottom line with LeBron James is this. If he was making the decisions for the Lakers, Ty Lue would have been the head coach in 2019. Kyrie Irving would be his point guard if he was running the team, if he was making the decisions."

Can't argue with this
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
NCHeels2008
RealGM
And1: 2,667

Post#46 » by NCHeels2008 » Mon May 20, 2024 9:09 pm

dockingsched wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Leave it to LeBron to make it all about him.

No games today let me put myself back in the spotlight.

This is what espn was talking about last week and you think Lebron has to go out of his way to get in the spotlight? Brother be real

Read on Twitter

LeBron was the guy who decided to say his son would outplay his supporting cast while playing NB2K trade checker with them
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 7,075

Post#47 » by JustBuzzin » Mon May 20, 2024 9:09 pm

jbk1234 wrote:He might be leaving.

I only see him leaving for Cleveland.
Sealab2024
Senior
And1: 780

Post#48 » by Sealab2024 » Mon May 20, 2024 9:14 pm

I have this weird feeling it's gonna be Micah Nori. I just hope they give him some proper role players beyond Reeves.
cavsfanatic
Sophomore
And1: 78

Post#49 » by cavsfanatic » Mon May 20, 2024 9:15 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:

You know he is thinking about it,,,whether he actually pulls the trigger is probably doubtful.
I bet he is thinking about it though. He received a really nice ovation at the cavs game,,,he had to love that.
SK21209
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,921

Post#50 » by SK21209 » Mon May 20, 2024 9:18 pm

In 2021 both LeBron and Pelinka were interested in trading for Russ, and then it happened and went terribly and LeBron thinks he got the blame for forcing Pelinka into it. That's why he's leaking this before they hire JJ.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 7,075

Post#51 » by JustBuzzin » Mon May 20, 2024 9:19 pm

cavsfanatic wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:

You know he is thinking about it,,,whether he actually pulls the trigger is probably doubtful.
I bet he is thinking about it though. He received a really nice ovation at the cavs game,,,he had to love that.

I think he should retire as a Cavs.

His career started their, his hometown is not far away from Cleveland. I think he realizes it's probably best to retire with Cleveland they give him a much better chance at a championship at this point. Lakers won't survive in the West it's too tough.
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,346

Post#52 » by KyRo23 » Mon May 20, 2024 9:25 pm

zimpy27 wrote:"The bottom line with LeBron James is this. If he was making the decisions for the Lakers, Ty Lue would have been the head coach in 2019. Kyrie Irving would be his point guard if he was running the team, if he was making the decisions."

Can't argue with this

It won't be argued, but it sure will be ignored here
Camby_Bamby
Ballboy
And1: 40

Post#53 » by Camby_Bamby » Mon May 20, 2024 9:50 pm

KyRo23 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:"The bottom line with LeBron James is this. If he was making the decisions for the Lakers, Ty Lue would have been the head coach in 2019. Kyrie Irving would be his point guard if he was running the team, if he was making the decisions."

Can't argue with this

Just not much to argue with. You either use your intuition or believe the media mouthpieces of Klutch Sports.

Also a cool rhetorical trick. Lebron doesn't 'run' the organization, but he is certainly influencing them in their decision making. The only reason why his fans or ESPN would lie about this specifically is to shield him from blame when it doesn't work out (like the Westbrook trade).
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,346

Post#54 » by KyRo23 » Mon May 20, 2024 9:57 pm

Camby_Bamby wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:

Can't argue with this

Just not much to argue with. You either use your intuition or believe the media mouthpieces of Klutch Sports.

Also a cool rhetorical trick. Lebron doesn't 'run' the organization, but he is certainly influencing them in their decision making. The only reason why his fans or ESPN would lie about this specifically is to shield him from blame when it doesn't work out (like the Westbrook trade).

Of course your franchise player influences some of your moves. That's the most obvious thing I have ever read.

And when does he not get blame for the Russ trade? Where is LeBron getting praise when it comes to moves? He got blamed for the Russ trade, blamed for the coach firings, blame for the Lakers wanting JJ. Where has the upside been for LeBron's "team decisions"?
Memories
Veteran
And1: 4,971

Post#55 » by Memories » Mon May 20, 2024 9:57 pm

KodiakBear wrote:I've said they should just make Lebron the player/coach, but since that won't happen, he should be very involved in the search. Get someone that Lebron loves so you don't have to hire and fire coaches every few years.

Honestly Pelinka should be fired. If Walton, Vogel and Ham aren't good coaches, well you were the idiot who hired them.

Pelinka didn't hire Luke Walton. That was Mitch Kupchick.
Memories wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
Memories wrote:So still not at all over yet.

Nah it’s over 121 to 107

Clippers go on a 15-0 run right after this, and eventually win the game. :lol:
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,857

Post#56 » by Raps in 4 » Mon May 20, 2024 10:14 pm

:lol:
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,369

Post#57 » by SNPA » Mon May 20, 2024 10:16 pm

dockingsched wrote:
Slacktard wrote:
But a leading candidate just so happens to be the co-host of a podcast with LeBron James...

That’s why Rich Paul had to spell it out for guys like you lol

Read on Twitter

Lol.

Stealth LeGM.

Haha.

And…

He no longer cares about playing with his kid (who the Lakers will draft).

These headlines are comical. Pure propaganda.
RoundMoundOfRebound
RealGM
And1: 13,439

Post#58 » by RoundMoundOfRebound » Mon May 20, 2024 10:26 pm

bullsaficianado
Rookie
And1: 352

Post#59 » by bullsaficianado » Mon May 20, 2024 10:31 pm

He's not going to leave the Lakers. He will retire a Laker.
TorontoBarneys
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,326

Post#60 » by TorontoBarneys » Mon May 20, 2024 10:36 pm

The Lakers suck and have no concrete way to add real talent to their roster without further gutting their future prospects.

LeBron should just leave and try to get another chip or two somewhere. Even as a 2nd banana, there is value in these championships.

Return to The General Board