Official: NBA All Star Starting Lineups

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Lakers_4_Life
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#41 » by Lakers_4_Life » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:39 am

D-Whistle wrote:Chris Paul >>>> Allen Iverson.

Yeah, It's funny how T-mac does not gett he vote but Iverson does. The top 2 guys there neither deserved it over Nash, Paul, or Roy.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#42 » by miller31time » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:40 am

Camby is a damn good center, and one can make a decent argument that he's the 2nd best 5-man in the West (I wouldn't agree, but an argument can be made), but to say he's even remotely close to Yao is absurd.
Entengtot
Assistant Coach
And1: 212

Post#43 » by Entengtot » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:43 am

so for backups:
east:
chauncey billups
caron butler
chris bosh
paul pierce
joe johnson

west:
dirk nowitzki
baron davis
chris paul
carlos boozer
steve nash

damn too may to insert in the west. damn. (amare/brandon roy/parker)
Lakers_4_Life
Banned User

Post#44 » by Lakers_4_Life » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:44 am

miller31time wrote:Camby is a damn good center, and one can make a decent argument that he's the 2nd best 5-man in the West (I wouldn't agree, but an argument can be made), but to say he's even remotely close to Yao is absurd.

If you consider all-around game how can he even be put with Kaman either? Argument came up about Amare and defense well what about Kaman who plays pretty good D, blocks shots, is a great rebounder himself AND can score unlike Camby who is all D and rebounding.

And then to say he's "the best C in the West" which of course means better than Yao.....

I'm not even sure if by the end of the year Camby will be any better than Bynum is.

I really could not believe they actually said he was the best C in the West and all agreed, while complaining about the fan vote, I mean damn what idiots.
OmniDEN
Starter
And1: 49

Post#45 » by OmniDEN » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:46 am

Lakers_4_Life wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Don't start with that. Saying Camby is the best C in the West because he may very well deserve to be the backup all-star at C is like saying Brandon Roy is the best SG in the West because he may very well deserve to be a backup at that spot.

TNT crew are just fools on things like this.

You completely dodged what I actually said and rambled on what you saw on TNT. :lol:

Whatever, he's not starting so stop complaining.

BTW, Camby is the best defender/rebounder/shot blocker (centers) in the West. He also happens to be the 2nd best passing center in the West. And I assure you that he could get more than 9 ppg on a team that doesn't have two top 5 scorers.
Lakers_4_Life
Banned User

Post#46 » by Lakers_4_Life » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:48 am

LeRydee23 wrote:Anyone think big Z can be the backup center for the east behind dwight? or thrid liner?

who would be the 2nd center in the east?

Hmm, good question. I don't know Ilgauskus I guess. I mean it definitely cannot be Shaq. Other than that what there's like Bogut, uh, yeah Big Z doesn't have much competition there.
CB4MiamiHeat
General Manager
And1: 2

Post#47 » by CB4MiamiHeat » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:49 am

Lakers_4_Life wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yeah, It's funny how T-mac does not gett he vote but Iverson does. The top 2 guys there neither deserved it over Nash, Paul, or Roy.

Iverson is having a great season .. he definitely deserves it over Roy.

Its not that big an outrage to have AI starting..statistically speaking he and Kobe are pretty even.

My starting guards would actually be:
1. Paul
2. Toss up between Nash/Kobe/AI
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#48 » by miller31time » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:51 am

Lakers_4_Life wrote:Hmm, good question. I don't know Ilgauskus I guess. I mean it definitely cannot be Shaq. Other than that what there's like Bogut, uh, yeah Big Z doesn't have much competition there.

When it comes to reserves, having a set pg, sg, sf, pf and c doesn't really matter. It's more about getting the most deserving players there (obviously, having 5 backup point guards is not something they'll do, but I can't see them turning down a more deserving player in favor of a guy who fills the "positional" quota).
Lakers_4_Life
Banned User

Post#49 » by Lakers_4_Life » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:52 am

MeloTelfair wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You completely dodged what I actually said and rambled on what you saw on TNT. :lol:

Whatever, he's not starting so stop complaining.

BTW, Camby is the best defender/rebounder/shot blocker (centers) in the West. He also happens to be the 2nd best passing center in the West. And I assure you that he could get more than 9 ppg on a team that doesn't have two top 5 scorers.

I don't have any issue at all if Camby makes it, he might get DPOY again. But you could argue Amare and Kaman easily too, Kaman is doing great but the team record is bad, well then Amare has a better team record.

I think any of those 3 get it it's prefect fine and deserved and I will not be surprised if 2 of the 3 make the team.

The thing I said was not they said he should be an all-star it was there assertion he is the best C in the West.

Frankly, no that's laughable.

You could argue he's not even actually top 5.
nycballer718
Sixth Man

Post#50 » by nycballer718 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:58 am

[quote="stopnpop"][/quote]

wade's stats would be better if heat had a better record , u have any idea how many times wade had to sit the entire 4th quarter due to a blowout ??
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#51 » by Flash3 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:59 am

Z does deserve a nod on the East team with the season he's had thus far....
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,641

Post#52 » by Klomp » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:00 am

That East team will be dynamite. Whats the most points ever scored by one team? Because the East could shatter it.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
kookie_819
Assistant Coach
And1: 55

Post#53 » by kookie_819 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:05 am

I hope Shaq is the backup C. An All-Star game without him would feel empty.

Would there be another dance off this year?
Lakers_4_Life
Banned User

Post#54 » by Lakers_4_Life » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:13 am

kookie_819 wrote:I hope Shaq is the backup C. An All-Star game without him would feel empty.

Would there be another dance off this year?

Looking at it, Ilgauskus is the only one they could choose for C.
OhMyBosh
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,206

Post#55 » by OhMyBosh » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:20 am

cdubbz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

who cares, tmac doesnt deserve to be on the all-star team.

I hope Baron gets voted in over brandon roy.
i aslo think baron should be in over tony parker. Tony has the better team and good numbers, but barons numbers are better. Baron completely owns the game and can take over while tony has alot of help on his team. GO BARON!!!

Maybe watch some other games besides GSW. Tracy shouldn't be starting, and he's not (which is good to see). But he still deserves a chance at getting a spot on the team. During the first month of the season, he was a top 5 player in the whole league. After his first injury, he dropped off a bit and had good games combined with bad ones, which made me think his whole season was going to go downhill. After his second injury, I thought that pretty much guaranteed that his season was going down the gutter. However, just watching his first two games back, he dominates the game so easily in every aspect.

Nash, Paul, DWill, Baron, Tracy, Tony, Ginobili, and Roy all deserve mention (probably missing many others too). There's no room for all of them. If I get to choose, it'd be Nash and Paul in a heart beat. Tracy doesn't deserve a start but he's still one of the best wings in the game.
OmniDEN
Starter
And1: 49

Post#56 » by OmniDEN » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:31 am

Lakers_4_Life wrote:You could argue he's not even actually top 5.

I'd love to see you try.
Powder Blue
Analyst
And1: 642

Post#57 » by Powder Blue » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:36 am

Don't fault Camby cause he plays with Melo and AI, he doesn't need to score. He's averaging more boards, blocks and assists than Yao, Kaman and Amare. Does that make him better than them, not necessarily but I don't see how that makes him worse? He's also the only center out west with a triple-double.
Powder Blue
Analyst
And1: 642

Post#58 » by Powder Blue » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:39 am

MeloTelfair wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'd love to see you try.

I'd love to see you try too Lakers_4_Life :crazy:
TMACFORMVP
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Post#59 » by TMACFORMVP » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:39 am

OhMyBosh wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Maybe watch some other games besides GSW. Tracy shouldn't be starting, and he's not (which is good to see). But he still deserves a chance at getting a spot on the team. During the first month of the season, he was a top 5 player in the whole league. After his first injury, he dropped off a bit and had good games combined with bad ones, which made me think his whole season was going to go downhill. After his second injury, I thought that pretty much guaranteed that his season was going down the gutter. However, just watching his first two games back, he dominates the game so easily in every aspect.

Nash, Paul, DWill, Baron, Tracy, Tony, Ginobili, and Roy all deserve mention (probably missing many others too). There's no room for all of them. If I get to choose, it'd be Nash and Paul in a heart beat. Tracy doesn't deserve a start but he's still one of the best wings in the game.

It's not necessarily that he's below some of the players, but in terms of missing games, and being 10th in the Western Conference, means he hasn't had a good a season as those players mentioned.
D-Wade
Banned User

Post#60 » by D-Wade » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:56 am

I won't watch the All-Star game if Chris Paul doesn't get on the roster.

I'm still amazed at Allen Iverson getting the starting nod. Shame on the voters.

Return to The General Board