Kevin Garnett cheap shot on Marco Belinelli

Moderators: cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77

Muzzleshot
Rookie
And1: 2

Re: Kevin Garnett cheap shot on Marco Belinelli 

Post#41 » by Muzzleshot » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:08 pm

KG is playing in 2008 with a 1980's mentality. That's not a compliment to KG because Stern is so afraid of another Palace brawl that the penalty for fighting/self-policing is too severe. KG knows this, hence all his cheap shots.

I'm laughing at the person who said that people need to watch some 80's basketball. The point is that he wouldn't be taking cheap shots if he played in the 80's and if he tried some this crap in the 70's one of those guards who spent the previous night doing lines of coke would have kicked his skinny ass into the middle of the next week. What do you think would happen to KG if he stuck an elbow in the ribs of a Jerry Sloan or a John Mengelt? Answer: He'd be a bloody mess curled up on the floor.

Right now the cop (Stern) is watching and KG knows that and so far he's been allowed to give out some cheap shots. Eventually someone will crack and give KG a good pounding unless Stern sends him a strong message to cut it out.
Either Stern steps in or KG gets his ass kicked. Here's hoping it's the latter. :)
CaptainFanchini
Veteran
And1: 137

Post#42 » by CaptainFanchini » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:13 pm

Seriously: one thing is good/strong defense, another thing are fouls like that ... that's a really bad move, with good chances to give bad injuries ... that's a punk move, not good defense ...

This sport is Basketball, not Football/Rugby ....
Basketball is my religion
mr_sunshine
Assistant Coach
And1: 482

Post#43 » by mr_sunshine » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:20 pm

CaptainFanchini wrote:Seriously: one thing is good/strong defense, another thing are fouls like that ... that's a really bad move, with good chances to give bad injuries ... that's a punk move, not good defense ...

Riiiiight. When's the last time you saw someone get injured on a hard screen?
candy for lunch
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#44 » by candy for lunch » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:32 pm

Chubby Chaser wrote:KG is the worst at setting picks I've ever seen. Almost every pick he sets is illegal. It's absurd how he's gotten away with it for this long. I know the refs see it, they just don't call them on him.

They're so bad that I'm not even sure 'pick' and 'screen' are the right words to describe them :o
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#45 » by St.Nick » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:47 pm

mr_sunshine wrote:

Exhibit A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTftKwoo10M
mr_sunshine
Assistant Coach
And1: 482

Post#46 » by mr_sunshine » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:57 pm

St.Nick wrote:
mr_sunshine wrote:

Exhibit A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTftKwoo10M

That was good. :lol:
TheSheriff
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,330

Post#47 » by TheSheriff » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:07 pm

It is pretty simple.

KGs hard screen + everyone's hate for the Celtics success + annoying Celtic fans = KG worst person alive in your minds.

Was that a dirty play? maybe, but it is a play that happens single day.

Bellini also exaggerates every single foul on him.
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#48 » by St.Nick » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:26 pm

TheSheriff wrote:It is pretty simple.

KGs hard screen + everyone's hate for the Celtics success + annoying Celtic fans = KG worst person alive in your minds.

Was that a dirty play? maybe, but it is a play that happens single day.

Bellini also exaggerates every single foul on him.

How many Warriors games have you watched to say that Marco exaggerates every single foul on him? And what does that have to do with the dangerous screen that was set on him by KG?

And how many times have you seen a guy throw a screen with his elbows going into the chest of of a guy that hard?

Its not common and it was dirty. Its completely reasonable for people to be pissed off about it.

I personally like the Celts, but KG is crossing the line between playing hard and competitive with playing dangerous and throwing cheap shots.
jourdy
Starter
And1: 982

Post#49 » by jourdy » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:42 pm

mr_sunshine wrote:
CaptainFanchini wrote:Seriously: one thing is good/strong defense, another thing are fouls like that ... that's a really bad move, with good chances to give bad injuries ... that's a punk move, not good defense ...

Devin Harris was often injured by hard screens during his tenure in Dallas.

The latest was Brad Miller doing it to Devin Harris during the 2007 season IIRC.
Fast forward to 2008 pre-season. Brad Miller aimed for Devis Harris again, Josh Howard decks Brad Miller and gets suspended to start the season.
dingclancy
Analyst
And1: 90

Post#50 » by dingclancy » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:51 pm

Those plays are a no - no. If you want to send a message you can floor him when Belinelli drives. Give him a hard legit foul. Heck give him a fragrant foul. That will definitely send the message.

a hard screen... side screen with lowered shoulders, where Belinelli is blinded. That is one of the gayest and most cowardly move in basketball. If there ever was a vagina in NBA, it is Garnett. Lol at people equating him to hard 80's play.
Nothingface
Assistant Coach
And1: 8

Post#51 » by Nothingface » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:11 pm

Garnett only does stuff like that when he is PMSing.
I do what I feel, not because people ask me to do this,” Bargnani says, holding his hands over his head and doing a strange chicken dance.
Cevap
Banned User

Post#52 » by Cevap » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:35 pm

Dude's always been a douche, I'm confused yet encouraged that people have started to figure him out just now
raleigh
Head Coach
And1: 540

Post#53 » by raleigh » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:41 pm

What I get a kick out of is people acting like the "toughness" of the league in the 80's and early 90's was actually a good thing.

What made the league so popular then was the high skill level of the top players, not the physicality. In my opinion, the game is best as a finesse sport.

If I wanted to watch a foul fest, I'd just watch football, boxing, or hockey.
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,840

Post#54 » by infinite11285 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:47 pm

Big deal, that was a hard screen! The only reason people are getting so upset is because KG, Public Enemy #1, made it. If Wade or Kobe had made that screen, people would say that Belinelli flopped.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#55 » by 5DOM » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:52 pm

infinite11285 wrote:Big deal, that was a hard screen! The only reason people are getting so upset is because KG, Public Enemy #1, made it. If Wade or Kobe had made that screen, people would say that Belinelli flopped.

no they wouldnt. it was a dirty screen.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,211
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#56 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:52 pm

Where is the 4 page topic about Dirk elbowing Harpring and Kirilenko in the face?

Not only is Dirk a classless punk, but he's only going after a stick figure, and a 6'6 white guy, I think it's racially charged, and he's just a thug out there.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#57 » by 5DOM » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:56 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:Where is the 4 page topic about Dirk elbowing Harpring and Kirilenko in the face?

Not only is Dirk a classless punk, but he's only going after a stick figure, and a 6'6 white guy, I think it's racially charged, and he's just a thug out there.

why dont you create it?
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#58 » by Celtsfan1980 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:01 pm

J-Rich- wrote:You guys would be lucky to have a .500 record if you lose 4 of your starters for most of the season like warriors have. But dont worry we'll have plenty more wins when our team have at least 3 of the starters playing together

The Celtics depleted much of their bench by acquiring two stars two seasons ago, so their strength is in their starters. They'd be lucky to win 5 games if they lost 4 starters, so the Celtics and Warriors are in entirely different circumstances.

I didn't stay up to watch the game, but the play was dirty and I wouldn't have a problem if he got suspended for a game. At the same time, the NBA has had a history of having criminals in its league, so there are many players who have done much worse than Garnett but get little to no criticism. Typical double standard.
Rare
Analyst
And1: 593

Post#59 » by Rare » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:02 pm

Boston 27-4
Streak: Lost 2
    o
☻/
/▌
/ \
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,211
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#60 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:07 pm

Because I don't create a whine thread every time grown men get their feelings hurt.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"

Return to The General Board