2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #1 Oklahoma City Thunder vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (DAL WINS 4-2)

Moderators: cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77

Who wins and goes to the WCFs?

Thunder in 4
4%
Thunder in 5
9%
Thunder in 6
21%
Thunder in 7
12%
Mavericks in 4
1%
Mavericks in 5
4%
Mavericks in 6
39%
Mavericks in 7
10%

Total votes: 326

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,762

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #1 Oklahoma City Thunder vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (Series tied 2-2) 

Post#4121 » by Revived » Tue May 14, 2024 4:49 am

Sweet Serenity wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Been actively rooting against KD/Kyrie/Harden this whole playoff. 2 more OKC wins and goal achieved. :lol:

I was rooting against KD and Harden - goal achieved

Kyrie , idk i still kind of feel that whole **** was partly Marks/Tsai fault along with Kyrie antics so I don’t root against Kyrie

**** Boston and the Knicks though

It brings so much joy to me how much rent Boston occupies in that head of yours :lol:

If Boston and Dallas played in the finals and Kyrie dominated the series and got Finals MVP, how would Boston fans feel?

It’s the same level of irrational or rational dislike that all fanbases have for other random fanbases even when it doesn’t seem deserving from the outside.
zero rings
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,536

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #1 Oklahoma City Thunder vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (Series tied 2-2) 

Post#4122 » by zero rings » Tue May 14, 2024 4:49 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
He doesn't even need to do strength and conditioning.

Just improve his diet a bit and he will lose a ton of weight. Think about how many calories he uses.

I can only imagine how bad his diet must be for him to play in the NBA and still gain weight.

He probably drinks a lot

Like what ?

Apparently he's a big beer drinker.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,762

Post#4123 » by Revived » Tue May 14, 2024 4:50 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Just improve his diet a bit and he will lose a ton of weight. Think about how many calories he uses.

I can only imagine how bad his diet must be for him to play in the NBA and still gain weight.

He probably drinks a lot

Like what ?

He’s posted IG story of him drinking Izze before.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,127

Post#4124 » by ChipotleWest » Tue May 14, 2024 4:50 am

Forbes wrote:
dygaction wrote:If Doncic continue playing at this level, might just sit and even that means losing this series to avoid prolonged bang up and worsen the injuries.

Docs told him it can’t get worse.
lol he can’t play any worse either I guess.

To be honest I’d prefer the Mavs hurry up and lose. We aren’t winning anything with sprained knee Luka

Yeah they have to ugly up the games on defense and just play a little bit better on offense than their opponents. That won't work against the Nuggets (if they get there) or Celtics. The TWolves maybe but Ant would cook.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,468

Post#4125 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Tue May 14, 2024 4:51 am

Revived wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
I was rooting against KD and Harden - goal achieved

Kyrie , idk i still kind of feel that whole **** was partly Marks/Tsai fault along with Kyrie antics so I don’t root against Kyrie

**** Boston and the Knicks though

It brings so much joy to me how much rent Boston occupies in that head of yours :lol:

If Boston and Dallas played in the finals and Kyrie dominated the series and got Finals MVP, how would Boston fans feel?

It’s the same level of irrational or rational dislike that all fanbases have for other random fanbases even when it doesn’t seem deserving from the outside.

I agree , and I actually like the PHX and their fans , it’s just unfortunate you have Kd
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant

Post#4126 » by ChipotleWest » Tue May 14, 2024 4:52 am

I'm going to agree with people that hate Luka he needs to stop complaining about foul calls constantly, but I know he won't.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,774

Post#4127 » by azcatz11 » Tue May 14, 2024 4:54 am

zero rings wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
He probably drinks a lot

Like what ?

Apparently he's a big beer drinker.

His face is all bloated. He needs to quit the booze and he’ll be good to go imo
Forbes
Analyst
And1: 2,756

Post#4128 » by Forbes » Tue May 14, 2024 4:55 am

ChipotleWest wrote:I'm going to agree with people that hate Luka he needs to stop complaining about foul calls constantly, but I know he won't.

lol we have to live with that. The only way to combat that is getting better role players so we are just better overall.
Forbes
Analyst
And1: 2,756

Re: What good is Kyrie if he is not scoring even in 4th quarter? 

Post#4129 » by Forbes » Tue May 14, 2024 4:59 am

One game?
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,679

Re: What good is Kyrie if he is not scoring even in 4th quarter? 

Post#4130 » by durden_tyler » Tue May 14, 2024 5:00 am

He played well and within the system. Maybe at times, you need that takeover mode turned on, and on this night it appears Luka wasn't the guy to go to but Kyrie. They will learn from this and still win this series. What i like about this Dallas team is their maturity and poise (not Denver level yet but getting there) and it will show in the next two games-- maybe even get that G5 win in OKC already.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,391

Post#4131 » by MaliBrah » Tue May 14, 2024 5:07 am

Luka spends entire games flopping then gets mad when someone else even borderline flops. Its unbearable man lol
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant

Post#4132 » by ChipotleWest » Tue May 14, 2024 5:07 am

Kyrie has to cut out the bs and shoot the basketball. I think he's trying to be this guy that defers to other guys and plays defense but he needs to take 20 shots a game right now because in the regular season the Mavs were getting 34 a game from Luka now they're not. Tonight he took 11 shots and scored 9 points, he needs 20 ppg for the Mavs to have enough offense.
bbms
Analyst
And1: 594

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #1 Oklahoma City Thunder vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (DAL leads 2-1) 

Post#4133 » by bbms » Tue May 14, 2024 5:09 am

GSP wrote:What a response by Okc

Sga has been by far the best player of the series

Will Dallas stick w/ their gameplan or overreact and switch it up? I dont know how sustainable a strat of leaving Pj open and him shooting like Kd and being your leading scorer is for winning a series.

Dort has shut down Luka. Kyries been contained and Mavs strat of having him average 5 Ppg in 1st halves to get their others going isnt gonna fly here. He cant turn it on 2nd halves and be Kobe against this Okc defense like he could the Clips

there are multiple guys playing on sub-optimal physical condition in this series so this is no excuse, but luka has just melted from an athletic standpoint, i wouldn't give that much credit to dort

and i believe sga has everything in his hands to extend the lead as the best player in this series. i'll be disappointed if we're past his best form in this series
Ugly Duckling
Analyst
And1: 1,606

Who is this Wallace guy? 

Post#4134 » by Ugly Duckling » Tue May 14, 2024 5:10 am

He's good
mudsak wrote:Watching Kawhi plow through the playoffs like the most stoic gangster to walk the earth has been one of the most epic things I've watched in a while.
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,070

Re: Who is this Wallace guy? 

Post#4135 » by One_and_Done » Tue May 14, 2024 5:12 am

Cue The Wire gift.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
MrGoat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,667

Post#4136 » by MrGoat » Tue May 14, 2024 5:13 am

Terrible reffing yet again but the Mavs didn't do themselves any favors here. I think this is the first playoff game so far Kyrie isn't above criticism, he really needed to be more aggressive in the second half. Aside from Lively the bench failed them entirely too

Their championship hopes are done even if they win this series. They needed to win this series quickly to minimize the wear and tear and that is now a complete fail
madskillz8
Senior
And1: 829

Post#4137 » by madskillz8 » Tue May 14, 2024 5:17 am

KGDirkTD_Fan wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
GeorgeSears wrote:The chances of Luka getting leaner this offseason are slim to none. He's already committed to playing for Slovenia AGAIN (4th year in a row), meaning very little time for strength and conditioning work and even less for improving his shooting. Expect him to show up like this again next year.

Charles Barkley was eating whole pizzas and couldn't burn the weight off in his early years. Idk what Luka is eating to gain so much weight WHILE playing the highest level of basketball. Someone keep the texas BBQ away from him.

His face is telling me he's drinking six-pack lagers every other night (and orders pizza after that), than eating Texas BBQ (brisket) which is a very lean athlete friendly cut.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant

Post#4138 » by ChipotleWest » Tue May 14, 2024 5:18 am

MrGoat wrote:Terrible reffing yet again but the Mavs didn't do themselves any favors here. I think this is the first playoff game so far Kyrie isn't above criticism, he really needed to be more aggressive in the second half. Aside from Lively the bench failed them entirely too

Their championship hopes are done even if they win this series. They needed to win this series quickly to minimize the wear and tear and that is now a complete fail

Mavs were never beating Denver or Boston with this smoke & mirrors offense and just making the game ugly on defense. That wouldn't work on Jokic for sure. I mean I attribute most of that to an unhealthy Luka if we had a 100% healthy Luka that averaged 34 ppg on 50% shooting like in the regular season we would have a shot but we don't have that and won't regardless of how long the Mavs last this postseason. That sprain knee will need an off-season to recover.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant

Post#4139 » by ChipotleWest » Tue May 14, 2024 5:21 am

madskillz8 wrote:
KGDirkTD_Fan wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Charles Barkley was eating whole pizzas and couldn't burn the weight off in his early years. Idk what Luka is eating to gain so much weight WHILE playing the highest level of basketball. Someone keep the texas BBQ away from him.

His face is telling me he's drinking six-pack lagers every other night (and orders pizza after that), than eating Texas BBQ (brisket) which is a very lean athlete friendly cut.

That seems very specific for just looking at someone's face.
Bloodbather
Junior
And1: 575

Post#4140 » by Bloodbather » Tue May 14, 2024 5:27 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
GeorgeSears wrote:The chances of Luka getting leaner this offseason are slim to none. He's already committed to playing for Slovenia AGAIN (4th year in a row), meaning very little time for strength and conditioning work and even less for improving his shooting. Expect him to show up like this again next year.

With the calorie loss due to training and games I can easily assume his diet is terrible

And is not like bad food , it’s chips and high sugar Pepsi whole night long kind of diet

Nah, it's alcohol. He's known to like his booze. He boozes it up at pool parties and goes to hookah bars.

Return to The General Board