Timberwolves Apology Thread

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

MrGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,597

Re: Timberwolves Apology Thread 

Post#61 » by MrGoat » Tue May 14, 2024 12:06 am

ShootersShoot wrote:LOL @ those that thought it was going to be easy after the first two games. Teams have come back to win from an 0-2 deficit six times since 2021, as recently as last year (warriors vs kings). In 2021, two teams came back from 0-2 twice (bucks and clips).

There's a difference between being up 2-0 at home and up 2-0 after taking them on the road. The latter has only happened 5 times in NBA history. The T Wolves absolutely deserve to be completely dunked on if they become the 6th. Rudy Gobert enters the Doc Rivers level of playoff chokery with that "achievement", especially considering their biggest win was the game without him
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,606

Post#62 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue May 14, 2024 12:13 am

There has been so many fickle turns I thought this was an apology by Wolves fans to Denver fans.
ShootersShoot
Sixth Man
And1: 1,347

Post#63 » by ShootersShoot » Tue May 14, 2024 1:43 am

MrGoat wrote:
ShootersShoot wrote:LOL @ those that thought it was going to be easy after the first two games. Teams have come back to win from an 0-2 deficit six times since 2021, as recently as last year (warriors vs kings). In 2021, two teams came back from 0-2 twice (bucks and clips).

There's a difference between being up 2-0 at home and up 2-0 after taking them on the road. The latter has only happened 5 times in NBA history. The T Wolves absolutely deserve to be completely dunked on if they become the 6th. Rudy Gobert enters the Doc Rivers level of playoff chokery with that "achievement", especially considering their biggest win was the game without him

Clips did it back in 2021 going 0-2 at home against the mavs. Obviously its more rare because the top seeded team gets home court and the likelihood the lower seeded team can go up 2-0 is much lower. Unfprtunately for the wolves, the lower seeded team is the defending champs. Yea I agree it will look bad on the wolves, but they gotta earn it if they want to beat the defending champs.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,230

Post#64 » by Laimbeer » Wed May 15, 2024 1:21 pm

Before the series I said the coach being injured would be a great excuse when the Nuggets take them in five or six games. First two games had me wondering big time.

But a few Wolves fans seemed pretty cocky early on, one said Denver's worry scale should be a 7 after game one? Fandom does that to you.
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 2,054

Post#65 » by thinktank » Wed May 15, 2024 1:31 pm

Laimbeer wrote:Before the series I said the coach being injured would be a great excuse when the Nuggets take them in five or six games. First two games had me wondering big time.

But a few Wolves fans seemed pretty cocky early on, one said Denver's worry scale should be a 7 after game one? Fandom does that to you.

Jokic said game 5 was the biggest game of his life.

Seems to jibe with what has been said by many.

Credit to Denver. They fell apart in game 2 and Malone put them back together in a much better way.
“Tatum is garbage.” “Tatum is literally dogcrap.” -The Corey’s
art_tatum
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,221

Post#66 » by art_tatum » Wed May 15, 2024 1:39 pm

Gobert needs to come off the bench this series
ryguy613
Sixth Man
And1: 1,768

Post#67 » by ryguy613 » Mon May 20, 2024 6:26 pm

ryguy613 wrote:
ryguy613 wrote:Cant speak for anyone but myself, but I certainly owe the TWolves an apology. Ive been saying all season that this team was giving me 1 seed Gobert Jazz vibes, a great regular season team that wasnt a serious contender, and I admit that I was dead wrong. This team is scary. They're big, strong, athletic, fast, great defensively, can shoot, and they hustle. Huge credit to that FO, because i didnt see the method behind the madness when they made the Gobert trade, but damn if this team isnt scary...

...Like I was saying, the Twolves are NOT for real. Theyre a bunch of bums. Nobody who knows ball would ever believe they had a shot in this series. I told yall... shoulda listened to me, but NOOOO. yall had to fall for these FRAUDS!

Like I said from the get-go, the Twolves ARE for real. They're a bunch of champs. Nobody who knows ball would ever believe Denver had a shot in this series. I told yall... shoulda listened to me, but NOOOO... yall had to talk your ****. Luckily I'm here to keep you guys honest.
jkvonny
Head Coach
And1: 5,884

Post#68 » by jkvonny » Mon May 20, 2024 10:07 pm

ryguy613 wrote:
ryguy613 wrote:
ryguy613 wrote:Cant speak for anyone but myself, but I certainly owe the TWolves an apology. Ive been saying all season that this team was giving me 1 seed Gobert Jazz vibes, a great regular season team that wasnt a serious contender, and I admit that I was dead wrong. This team is scary. They're big, strong, athletic, fast, great defensively, can shoot, and they hustle. Huge credit to that FO, because i didnt see the method behind the madness when they made the Gobert trade, but damn if this team isnt scary...

...Like I was saying, the Twolves are NOT for real. Theyre a bunch of bums. Nobody who knows ball would ever believe they had a shot in this series. I told yall... shoulda listened to me, but NOOOO. yall had to fall for these FRAUDS!

Like I said from the get-go, the Twolves ARE for real. They're a bunch of champs. Nobody who knows ball would ever believe Denver had a shot in this series. I told yall... shoulda listened to me, but NOOOO... yall had to talk your ****. Luckily I'm here to keep you guys honest.

:)
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 15,093

Post#69 » by ForeverTFC » Mon May 20, 2024 10:12 pm

I owe Minnesota a lot of apologies:
- I thought KAT was a corny loser; he's still corny but he's proving he can be a big part of a winner
- I thought Lamelo was a better prospect than Ant; LMAO!!!!
- I thought they paid way too much for Gobert; I still do but hard to double down here when they're winning

So apologies to the Timberwolves and their fan base. Your cap crunch is still coming though, so enjoy it while it lasts!
ryguy613
Sixth Man
And1: 1,768

Post#70 » by ryguy613 » Mon May 20, 2024 11:50 pm

ForeverTFC wrote:I owe Minnesota a lot of apologies:
- I thought KAT was a corny loser; he's still corny but he's proving he can be a big part of a winner
- I thought Lamelo was a better prospect than Ant; LMAO!!!!
- I thought they paid way too much for Gobert; I still do but hard to double down here when they're winning

So apologies to the Timberwolves and their fan base. Your cap crunch is still coming though, so enjoy it while it lasts!

i agree with all of this.

Return to The General Board