“Jayson Tatum is like the Michael Jordan of Tobias Harrises”

Moderators: cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77

BrooklynDynasty
Pro Prospect
And1: 739

Re: “Jayson Tatum is like the Michael Jordan of Tobias Harrises” 

Post#61 » by BrooklynDynasty » Fri May 10, 2024 2:02 pm

last night was the first night even the most die hard Celtic fans realized he's never going to be the cat that takes them to the promised land. Doesn't have the fire or talent needed to impose his will, spare me the game 7 performances from two years ago against shorthanded eastern teams.
MambaVenom24
Sophomore
And1: 127

Post#62 » by MambaVenom24 » Fri May 10, 2024 2:15 pm

This is why I don't trust them vs anything that comes out of the west, they will do a boston and lose, like all the years before ...
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 46,230

Post#63 » by dakomish23 » Fri May 10, 2024 2:19 pm

Nate505 wrote:If someone told me Dennis Miller said that, I'd have believed them.

You'd have to switch it out with players from the 60s if Miller is doing the delivery
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 41,377

Post#64 » by Sedale Threatt » Fri May 10, 2024 2:43 pm

Holy sht that made me laugh. That’s actually pretty accurate (so far). That said, despite all the times they’ve tripped over their own dicks in recent years, I’m not writing this team off after one game. They’ve been too good this season.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,711

Post#65 » by eyeatoma » Fri May 10, 2024 2:45 pm

sp6r=underrated wrote:I have no idea what it means.

He's a mid player who masquerades as an elite star.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#66 » by eyeatoma » Fri May 10, 2024 2:47 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:You guys been waiting a long time for a night like tonight from the Celtics. Enjoy.

Not really, happens every night with Jayson Tatum. Can you believe that he was trying to promote himself as the MVP this year, because of team record. The dude is the definition of someone who is a manufactured star. He has two moves, dribble, dribble fade away and a 3 pointer.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#67 » by eyeatoma » Fri May 10, 2024 2:48 pm

Zeno wrote:So is Brandon Ingram the Jason Tatum of Tobias Harris’s?

Naw, the Tobias Harris of Jayson Tatums.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#68 » by eyeatoma » Fri May 10, 2024 2:50 pm

RB34 wrote:Love the salt from rat teams

Win a chip, then talk your ****. It's wide open for you guys. Will you admit the Celtics don't have it, if they fail this time?
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#69 » by eyeatoma » Fri May 10, 2024 2:51 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:Holy sht that made me laugh. That’s actually pretty accurate (so far). That said, despite all the times they’ve tripped over their own dicks in recent years, I’m not writing this team off after one game. They’ve been too good this season.

They don't have a dick to trip over.
Special_Puppy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,131

Post#70 » by Special_Puppy » Fri May 10, 2024 2:58 pm

Tatum really is the Brock Purdy of the NBA. Still a top 5-8 player in the league. but his career is massively boosted by having amazing supporting casts.
Shaka_Zulu
Sixth Man
And1: 2,222

Post#71 » by Shaka_Zulu » Fri May 10, 2024 3:08 pm

BrooklynDynasty wrote:last night was the first night even the most die hard Celtic fans realized he's never going to be the cat that takes them to the promised land. Doesn't have the fire or talent needed to impose his will, spare me the game 7 performances from two years ago against shorthanded eastern teams.

IMO he clearly has the talent for it, he is a complete and extremely well rounded player who has all nba level talent. But the fire and will just to impose your will into the game when its needed. He lacks that killer mentality just to know as THE guy for your team, to take over or put a halt to opponents runs. Ant has that switch, Brunson has that switch, Luka has that switch, SGA is cultivating that switch this playoffs (he was overwhelmed last playoffs/play-in). Being an alpha is not something you can teach, you have to want it yourself, not just pretend you do because its the expected role of you.

But Tatum, he has the ability, the resume, the opportunity just to go for it and show in key parts of big moments its time to take charge. But just comes short in minor ways mostly, or big ways like last night. I remember clutch time playoff games in past where he was trying to defer to Marcus friggin Smart.

That mental leap as the alpha player still alluding him.

Its no hate, I genuinely enjoy watching him and Celtics play past seasons (and I dont hold it against him losing to better players like Curry, or Butler when he was at his apex). But there is a reason he has the sometimes overly harsh rep he has as a player, its overblown at times. But in core essence of it, there is truth to it. He doesnt pass the eye test as a potential superstar player. Which is what expected of him, to take that leap, due to ability (he has insane consistency resume since very young age) and opportunity.
BrooklynDynasty
Pro Prospect
And1: 739

Post#72 » by BrooklynDynasty » Fri May 10, 2024 3:58 pm

Special_Puppy wrote:Tatum really is the Brock Purdy of the NBA. Still a top 5-8 player in the league. but his career is massively boosted by having amazing supporting casts.

jokic
giannis
embiid
luka
sga
edwards
brunson
mitchell
durant
booker
butler

how can be be top 5-8 when he isn't even better than these ten when it matters?
RoxSteady
Sixth Man
And1: 5,256

Post#73 » by RoxSteady » Fri May 10, 2024 4:02 pm

This board is the Michael Jordan of making generalizations about a player based on one game.
Potential
RealGM
And1: 44,158

Post#74 » by Potential » Fri May 10, 2024 4:09 pm

This board is obsessed with comparing everything to Michael Jordan. Sounds like some of yall walk around the house and compare the fridge to Michael Jordan and slanders it for not being as good as him
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,595

Post#75 » by bisme37 » Fri May 10, 2024 4:15 pm

You guys are jerks and I hate you.
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,386

Post#76 » by flow » Fri May 10, 2024 4:16 pm

Kalela wrote:They could have used Jeff Green or Andrew Wiggins too.

Jeff Green? He's the opposite of Tobias Harris. An accent player who becomes valuable in the playoffs.

Shaka_Zulu
Sixth Man
And1: 2,222

Post#77 » by Shaka_Zulu » Fri May 10, 2024 4:33 pm

bisme37 wrote:You guys are jerks and I hate you.

Read on Twitter
?t=5TpHKN2-Y8TtXBG12cHNrw&s=19

bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,595

Post#78 » by bisme37 » Fri May 10, 2024 4:45 pm

Shaka_Zulu wrote:
bisme37 wrote:You guys are jerks and I hate you.

Read on Twitter
?t=5TpHKN2-Y8TtXBG12cHNrw&s=19

I feel like I put a lot of work in around here to keep this place plugging away and I'm always really nice and gracious about wins and losses and try to make everyone feel welcomed and then I wake up to stuff like this and sometimes I struggle to remember its not personal. I'm a fan trying to watch playoff games like everyone else and instead I'm making threads for other people and dealing with meltdowns and insults on multiple boards and getting heckled for trying to handle it all. It takes a toll at times. If this thread was about a non-Celtic I probably would have locked it... I mean what the OP saw a funny line on twitter and decided to post it on RGM to troll and get likes.

Sorry I'm grumpy though I'm sure I'll bounce back. My health sucks and I'm emo and I had to vent and you are the guy who went at me just now. I think you are a Wolves fan... they've been playing great and I'm really enjoying them so congrats on that. I'm going to bed cheers.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Next day edit: Sorry for being all emo yesterday, everyone. In this post and a subsequent one. I was having a bad day for both basketball and non-basketball reasons and I came in the thread to make my initial joke about hating everyone and go take a nap, but then I got quoted in a trollish way and against my better judgment I went off on a whine fest. Kinda embarrassed but I'll get over it haha. This thread still sucks imo but whatevs. Have a nice day you guys.
Anticon
General Manager
And1: 4,977

Post#79 » by Anticon » Fri May 10, 2024 4:47 pm

This is a funny quote.

But it's hilarious how every year we all forget how a seven game series works.
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,492

Post#80 » by Woodsanity » Fri May 10, 2024 4:48 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
RB34 wrote:Love the salt from rat teams

Win a chip, then talk your ****. It's wide open for you guys. Will you admit the Celtics don't have it, if they fail this time?

Big talk from a team that's highest result recently is already matched by the Knicks missing half their roster.
UglyBugBall wrote:Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work.
To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him.

:lol:

Return to The General Board