Bronny James dominates at the draft combine

Moderators: cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77

iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,810

Re: Bronny James dominates at the draft combine 

Post#61 » by iLLmatic860 » Tue May 14, 2024 12:55 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=tVloFuZHnRcV_n-C8CiW9Q
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,428

Post#62 » by JDR720 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:00 pm

EmpireFalls wrote:I doubt NBA franchises really want to make an enemy of Rich Paul and Klutch, and especially not if LBJ actually owns the Vegas expansion team as is rumored. Because the kid won’t give you more upside than all of the guys mocked ahead of him. What’s the upside of drafting him, just to spite Bron? I don’t think most GMs are gonna go for that.

But carry on with the message board fantasies…

On the flip side of that, why does LeBron and Klutch get to dictate what other teams do?
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,517

Post#63 » by DaGawd » Tue May 14, 2024 1:01 pm

TheNG wrote:I think it can be a very smart move for any team to draft him in the 2nd round.
Even if you don't imagine playing him in your team, you still get the chance to either convince LeBron to play for your team for some minimum salary in the future or just get a lot of value from a team that wants him like the Lakers.

lebron is 40.. he’s not going to be around much longer
BaF
Washington Wizards
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,924

Post#64 » by EmpireFalls » Tue May 14, 2024 1:13 pm

JDR720 wrote:
EmpireFalls wrote:I doubt NBA franchises really want to make an enemy of Rich Paul and Klutch, and especially not if LBJ actually owns the Vegas expansion team as is rumored. Because the kid won’t give you more upside than all of the guys mocked ahead of him. What’s the upside of drafting him, just to spite Bron? I don’t think most GMs are gonna go for that.

On the flip side of that, why does LeBron and Klutch get to dictate what other teams do?

Because the entire reason you’d draft Bronny is to get LeBron on your team, necessitating a negotiation and relationship with Klutch and LeBron…

It would be a different situation if Bronny were a legit draft prospect who teams thought they actually could use. If he was actually a top 20 player then this would be a different discussion. But it’s clear that he’s not at all a legit pro prospect. So picking him would just be a bargaining move, and to what end? Forcing LeBron onto your team after angering him and his agent? Doesn’t sound very smart.
LaLover11
Starter
And1: 1,152

Post#65 » by LaLover11 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:15 pm

EmpireFalls wrote:
JDR720 wrote:

Because the entire reason you’d draft Bronny is to get LeBron on your team, necessitating a negotiation and relationship with Klutch and LeBron…

It would be a different situation if Bronny were a legit draft prospect who teams thought they actually could use. If he was actually a top 20 player then this would be a different discussion. But it’s clear that he’s not at all a legit pro prospect. So picking him would just be a bargaining move, and to what end? Forcing LeBron onto your team after angering him and his agent? Doesn’t sound very smart.

Yeah very true just like Jokic was a top 20 player lol
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
Bobbymcgee
Starter
And1: 2,210

Post#66 » by Bobbymcgee » Tue May 14, 2024 1:24 pm

Welcome to the Atlanta Hawks LeBron James!
Enso
General Manager
And1: 23,993

Post#67 » by Enso » Tue May 14, 2024 1:32 pm

Lighting quick eh
Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 3,491

Post#68 » by Iwasawitness » Tue May 14, 2024 1:40 pm

ThatClockWork wrote:
SweaterBae wrote:
ThatClockWork wrote:I would burn a first on him. Toronto should. You have nothing to lose. But there are too many Bron haters that can't admit his son actually has some talent. That is just me though.

"you have nothing to lose"

:noway:

So to be clear for the record: you are rooting for that kid to fail?
Do you believe he does not deserve a chance?
Do you believe that he is not worth gambling on in a weak draft?
Do you believe that he does not have the skill necessary to perform or adapt at the NBA level?

Do you even have an opinion?

If you are hating on him just because of his dad, that reveals way more about you as a person. I hope for your sake, that is not the case.

Lalouie wrote:
ThatClockWork wrote:I would burn a first on him. Toronto should. You have nothing to lose. But there are too many Bron haters that can't admit his son actually has some talent. That is just me though.

ummm,,,,your dignity and commitment

Same questions go to you.

By all means, we all want Bronny to succeed. No one is actively rooting for any one person to fail. But you don't use a first round pick on someone with the reasoning be "you have nothing to lose". A GM would be fired on the spot for having this kind of mindset. You want to, at the very least, consider your options and go with the one that is deemed superior. This is a good showing for Bronny but it barely, if at all, improves his draft stock. The fact is, there are better options right now. Logic would dictate that you go with said options.

You hope for nothing but the best for Bronny's NBA career, but by no means are any team or franchise obligated to use their pick on him. It's a business at the end of the day.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
Ambrose
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,554

Post#69 » by Ambrose » Tue May 14, 2024 1:46 pm

This has to be a troll right?

You're bragging the 6'1 guy outshot the 7'4 guy on 25 jumpers?
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 20,485

Post#70 » by Mamba Mentality » Tue May 14, 2024 1:50 pm

jpengland wrote:Hey, I shot 22/30 from deep in a shoot around the other week.

I'm late 30s, haven't played competitively for 5 years, overweight and with a 2.5inch vertical.

I guess I'm going first round too.

I get what you're saying, but I'm willing to bet my life savings that you couldn't do that in front of scouts.
dWadeOwnzYou
Rookie
And1: 596

Post#71 » by dWadeOwnzYou » Tue May 14, 2024 1:58 pm

What the hell did he dominate beside winning 2nd in the 3pt shooting contest? Is this a troll thread?
shi-woo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,761

Post#72 » by shi-woo » Tue May 14, 2024 2:01 pm

I honestly can't wait for LeBron to just retire and turn into the Shaq/Kobe hybrid.

We got posts in here talking about drafting a 6'1 guard with little to no translatable basketball skills and how agents will blackball teams if thy don't/do draft him. Talking about a dude who most claim as one of the best ever taking a min contract to play for the Washington Wizards, and GM's really considering iit.

Remember when the NBA was simply about basketball? Ah the Good ol days of Pre-2010 NBA life.

Bronny is not and should not get drafted. How many mediocre prospects who had a god damn heart attack at age 17 do you guys know that become successful?

Bron about to be 41 and can only play one side of the ball for 30 minutes a night, are the blip in ticket sales and 2 extra nationally televised games really that important to a team like the CHA Bobcats?

I just don't understand any of this, I get the NBA is a fraternity, but imagine missing out on an opportunity to get drafted because some scheming GN was rubbing his hands together thinking he created a genius plan to lure LeBron to the Detroit Pistons or NY Nets.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,758

Post#73 » by azcatz11 » Tue May 14, 2024 2:03 pm

mg
General Manager
And1: 4,090

Post#74 » by mg » Tue May 14, 2024 2:04 pm

Ambrose wrote:This has to be a troll right?

You're bragging the 6'1 guy outshot the 7'4 guy on 25 jumpers?

Check out username of OP.

I'm sure "Prince187" isn't a King James fan/syncophant. RGM always gets baited so easily into discourse with these types too.
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,660

Post#75 » by jpengland » Tue May 14, 2024 2:15 pm

Mamba Mentality wrote:
jpengland wrote:Hey, I shot 22/30 from deep in a shoot around the other week.

I'm late 30s, haven't played competitively for 5 years, overweight and with a 2.5inch vertical.

I guess I'm going first round too.

I get what you're saying, but I'm willing to bet my life savings that you couldn't do that in front of scouts.

Of course I could. I'm deadly serious that I should be drafted..
Chokic
Pro Prospect
And1: 673

Post#76 » by Chokic » Tue May 14, 2024 2:17 pm

He should enter the draft. This is one of the weakest draft classes in quite some time. He's 6'2.5 in shoes w/ a 6'7 winspan and well over 200 lbs with a 40.5" vert very similar measurements to derrick rose.

Side notes

Stephon castle was listed as 6'6 since high school and he measured 3" shorter than his listed height I wonder if that will impact his draft stock.

Zach edey should be a top 5 pick imo. He's nearly 7'4 barefoot(almosr wemby territory) with really good touch and range for a guy his size neither is he a plodder.
dWadeOwnzYou
Rookie
And1: 596

Post#77 » by dWadeOwnzYou » Tue May 14, 2024 2:33 pm

Its hard to believe that he will stay at 6'1. Both me and my wife are right under 5'5 ft, but our 19 yrs old son is 6'2 without shoes.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,376

Post#78 » by MagicMatic » Tue May 14, 2024 2:37 pm

Media for the next few months won’t stop doing tricks on it.
PushDaRock
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,482

Post#79 » by PushDaRock » Tue May 14, 2024 2:37 pm

D.Brasco wrote:40" vert is elite. He didn't get his dad's height but he did get his athleticism. He just needs to get his game to match his athleticism.

Honestly, at 6'1.5", 210 lbs, 40" vert he has great NFL size, LeBron was probably the last generation of kids who was allowed to pursue multiple sports growing up before specialization took hold. Would have been interesting to see how he'd have done at football like his old man did in HS.

The issue is really his athleticism doesn't translate over onto the basketball court at his height. Bronny would be graded as a totally different prospect if he had Lebron's size. He's an elite run jump athlete but his hips are incredibly stiff and he has no wiggle or ability to change directions quickly. If he gets a head of steam like on a chase down block, that's the only time the athleticism gets put on display.
Harry Garris
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,798

Post#80 » by Harry Garris » Tue May 14, 2024 2:45 pm

Bronny is a great athlete, of course he is going to look good going through drills in an empty gym. His physical tools aren't the problem with him as a prospect, it's his lack of ability to do stuff on offense when he's playing in a game.

Return to The General Board