Who's on steroids?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,468

Post#61 » by Heat3 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:52 pm

I'm a Wade fan and all, but he has gotten pretty big. I was looking at highlights from the first Heat/Lakers Xmas day game and he looked very different today. I certainly hope not.... :pray:
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#62 » by TonyMontana » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:16 pm

endemicBull wrote:Don't kid yourself, when millions of dollars are at stake, there will a TON of individuals taking something illegal that helps them secure a piece of the pie. It may even be your favorite player...don't be naive...

Naive ? Ha ?

I didnt know I was being NAIVE ?

But since you decided to call me NAIVE then I guess Im going to have to educate you a bit since Im bringing up facts and your bringing up assumptions .

For starters ,lets talk about D.Howard since majority of you guys insist on D.Howard using roids .

D.Howard is 22 years old , he is 6.11 and he weights 265 pounnds .

He is a big man that is SIX FEET ELEVEN inches tall .
Why is that a big deal ?
I mean being 6.11 and weighting 265 pounds is NORMAL for an average NBA center ........
I really dont like to sit here and name every single player who is above 6.10 and weights 250 plus .....Do I ?

Nene is 6.11 and weights 250
K.Martin is 6.9 and weights 240
DeSagana Diop is 7.0 and weights 280
Dampier is 6.11 and weights 265 same as Howard .
Kendrick Perkins is 6.10 and 264
Glen Davis is 6.9 and 289
Now this is funny Scot Pollard is 6.11 and 278
And as far as my favorite team .
Bynum 7.0 285 , Kwame 6.11 and 270 , Mihm 7.0 and 265 .

So whats the big deal?
Are all these guys on Roids ?

You need to get your facts straight before you insult me .
Since your not posting any facts , all your doing is assuming .

Don't kid yourself, when millions of dollars are at stake, there will a TON of individuals taking something illegal that helps them secure a piece of the pie

In basketball ?
Really ? Do you have any facts or links to prove that there has been ONE PLAYER in the NBA that HAS ?
I would think steriods abuse would be a bigger factor in Football , Baseball , and other sports that require size and speed .

I can only imagine a basketball player stepping on the court at 6.6 inches weighting 280 pounds of pure mass with a body fat of 6% or better yet a center who is 7.0 tall and weights 340 to 360 pounds .

Ya thats really going to help his game since he has to block for a running back or maybe out run a Safety .........LOLLLLLLLL

Get your facts straight and before you call me NAIVE .

Oh ya and if you were also ASSUMING that my favorite player is KOBE , thats if you were ........
Your wrong again .
He's not
Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Post#63 » by Hendrix » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:50 pm

TonyMontana wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That's what I say. How do these guys spend seven months running and playing and get bigger? They're taking something.

They're taking what ?

See Im usually on the Lakers board and I have posted a lot of threads about this subject in General.

Pages and Pages of it .
From B.Bonds to Mitchell report to the NBA .

But honeslty , some of these replies is a bit funny since they are based on the players size and body .

For example

Steriods are used to treat conditions that occur when the body produces abnormally low amounts of testosterone, such as delayed puberty and some types of impotence or for bigger mass .

Basically players like D.Howard which has been coming up a lot on here .
He is a freak of nature , he is big , thats his genetics .
He is a young man , he doesnt need steriods , you know why because he is young and his body is buildin a high volume of it , if he does start using roids , then his body will stop producing it naturaly ........ Why would he do that ............
He isnt a football player or a Hockey player .
He is a B.Ball player .
Imagine the side effects that D.Howard will put on his YOUNG BODY if he did use Roids .........
Shrinking of th cause , if e testicles .
Whyand when you choose to Juice , Your body will lock down your natural cycle of test that it produces .......Unheard of since D.Howard isnt a bobybuilder .
He is a ball player , a Basketball player .

Reduced sperm count .
Again he is too young to Juice even if he did decided to .
Yes I do know that a lot of athletes at a young age do Juice but those are guys that dont have the advantages that players like Maggette or D.Howard have .

I have seen many young KIDS juice in my gym , but those guys are mostly football playes , wretlers and a bunch of kids who want to get BIG and BUFF mostly for their apperance , but since they are young and some of them stack to much and dont have any idea what they are getting into they are taking risks of infertility, baldness, development of breasts, increased risk for prostate cancer at an age that their body is building its own level of testosterone .
Its called puberty.

Okay next topic , since someone on here posted .....

He cant be taking Roids , since people that Juice , they are always hurt and D.Howard isnt hurt .............LOLLLLLLLL

What's the difference between steroids and HGH ?

For starters ...... If you use Roids or Juice .

Your trying to gain Mass , Size , and strenght .
Thats if you use roids now if you use HGH then its different .

Treatment with HGH does seem to reduce body fat and increase muscle mass but not a much as Roids will .

HGH possibility is that the drug really does enhance performance but that the effect is too subtle to measure in a an elite athlete might be able to detect very slight improvements in strength and agility that would be invisible since its basically used to the increase in lean body tissue caused by HGH for better recovery , surgeries , faster way to loose weight , denser bones, thicker skin, less fat, and more lean body tissue.

See a man in his 40s 50s or 60s your HGH levels fall off as we get older; 60-year-olds might make half as much growth hormone as they did in their 20s , thats why as we get older its harder for us to lose weight or recover from an injury , but a a young man in his 20s or 30s wont need it unless your a pro athlete and your injured and you need a faster time to recover , thats why a lot of younger players in Baseball used HGH .
Also older players to , since they need that step to stay ahead of the younger players .

While HGH isn't as bad for you as anabolic steroids, it does have some minor side effects.

The reason I know about these two subject is because I was small in high school .

When I was 16 I weight 145 pounds and I was 5.5 , so I wanted to get big since I didnt think I was going to get tall .
I did a lot of research on this subject and I wrote a term paper on and I was about to use it , until an older guy at the gym advised me to stay away from it since Im only 16 .
He told me to give it some time and allow my body to grow until Im 22 or 23 .

So I did , I am now 6.1 and I weight 210 pounds with a body fat of 7.5 to 8.0% .
Oh ya Im 37 years old .

I hope I helped a little with this post , and forgive me for a few mistakes of my grammar or facts .

Again I hope I helped a bit .

Agree completly that Dwight doesn't need to. He's a genetic freak, and really doesn't have that much muscle on him compared to natural bodybuilders.

But not because it would shrink his nuts, reduce his sperm count, or because he would get a lot of side effects because he's too young. Shrunken nuts, lowered natural test production, and reduced sperm count are just temporary side effects, that comeback when you're done running, and do a post cycle treatment. Also while on cycle human chorionic gonadotropin can be taken which mimicks LH, and FSH which keeps your balls going while on cycle. 22yo is old enough if he wanted to since he's past puberty, and stuff like breast growth is controled by anti-E's like arimidex. I'm in no way saying Dwight is, just saying that all those side effects wouldn't make much of a difference.

HGH really depends how much you run, but it is subtle stuff at small doses. If someone was taking 1-2iu's a day like the replacement would be for a 60yo man to get their igf-1, and hgh levels up to normal they would only notice some fat loss, a bit of recovery and what you said but not a big difference like you siad. On bigger doses though it would help a lot with recovery, endurance, speed, strength, athletisism, hand eye co-ordination, and pretty much everything basketball related without giving them a ton of mass. Profesional Bodybuilders take up to 20iu's of the stuff which is a lot more then the effects you'd get on a replacement dose.

Not everybody that uses roids is trying to increase mass, strength, and size. This is a profile for some of the stuff cyclists were using, and what marathon runners use. It says it improves muscle but not much if you look at marathon runners, or cyclists that were on it.

EPO gained notoriety in 1998 when a bunch of cyclists in the Tour de France got caught in posession of it.

EPO increases RBC in the blood. This will basically raise your energy levels (Cancer. 2003 Sep 1;98(5):1072-9), and thus will improve recovery, etc...A50 was developed for a very similar purpose as EPO, and I suspect that alot of the muscle enhancing effects/potency of A50 (increased muscle fullness, etc...) can be attributed to the much of same mechanisms which are at work in EPO. Its worth noting that EPO increases protein synthesis, just like A50 as well. Primarily, though, its effect is to increase RBCs.

Having more RBCs, thus having more oxygen delivered to muscle tissues is directly associated with a substantial improvement in athletic performance, i.e speed, endurance, strength, etc...(Sports Med. 2003;33(3):187-212.). EPO is associated with improved bodyweight, excercise capacity, oxygen uptake, respiration, whole body metabolism and energy efficiency (Semin Oncol. 2002 Jun;29(3 Suppl 8):69-74) In addition, cognitive function (learning, etc...)is also improved with EPO(Clin Breast Cancer. 2002 Dec;3 Suppl 3:S116-20).

I'm in no way saying anybody is taking anything. Just that it would help quite a bit in basketball for some guys (espescially older guys) to run something.
oak2455 wrote:Do understand English???
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#64 » by TonyMontana » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:03 pm

Hendrix wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm in no way saying anybody is taking anything. Just that it would help quite a bit in basketball for some guys (espescially older guys) to run something.

Finally a good post and an excellent argument .

Although I agree with 99% of your post , a few issues .

As far as your average BodyBuilder that does use HGH 20 Ius a day is extremely high even for a bodybuilder .

Bascically HGH is used by B.Builders BUT thats when they stake it with Decca or Ses or Anadrol 50 . But not at 20 Ius a day .

I would say about 10 would be max , since the dose is extremely high and $$$$$$ .

Now as far as my post about the shrinking of the Sack and the Ich tits , it was only an example , but there are cases of B.Builders that can use Andro or Decca and he can still get Bit ch tits , and once they are there then its hard to get rid of them , and the only way to get rid of it is by surgery and sometimes that wont work either .

But good post .
Hendrix
RealGM

Post#65 » by Hendrix » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:17 pm

TonyMontana wrote:Finally a good post and an excellent argument .

Although I agree with 99% of your post , a few issues .

As far as your average BodyBuilder that does use HGH 20 Ius a day is extremely high even for a bodybuilder .

Bascically HGH is used by B.Builders BUT thats when they stake it with Decca or Ses or Anadrol 50 . But not at 20 Ius a day .

I would say about 10 would be max , since the dose is extremely high and $$$$$$ .

Now as far as my post about the shrinking of the Sack and the Ich tits , it was only an example , but there are cases of B.Builders that can use Andro or Decca and he can still get Bit ch tits , and once they are there then its hard to get rid of them , and the only way to get rid of it is by surgery and sometimes that wont work either .

But good post .

Yep, Decca converts to progesterone I believe which isn't effected by testosterone/estrogen, and can give you bitch tits that won't be helped by an anti-E. If someone were to take just test, hgh, epo, arimidex, hcg, and be monitored by a physician side effects shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah. HGH is a lot of money. The stuff Stalone was cuaght with would cost $150 a day to run at 20iu's/day, and could go up to $500/day. 20 iu's/day is rediculous, and only the Ronnie Colmans, and Jay Culters of the world need to be running that much. I was just trying to point out that there is a big difference between what someone running HGH for anti-aging purposes, and someone running it for other purposes (ie. bodybuilding, or a profesional athelete) would be taking, and be hoping to achieve with their dose. Agree 10iu's would probably be max for 99% of bodybuilders/pro atheletes.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,669

Post#66 » by prophet_of_rage » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:29 pm

Looking at it logically, why would basketball be the only clean sport? It's 82 games of running, jumping and contact. Given that cycling is all endurance and it's the dirtiest sport in the game the fact that you're not big and buff isn't an issue. Track is also rife with performance enhancing drugs and they're run/jump athletes the same as basketball players minus the contact. So if you recover faster, get less tired or what have you then I can see taking steroids. Basketball players have taken steroids or performance enhancers at the collegiate level. I would think that somebody somewhere along the line (And I'm not sure if Jayson Williams ever admitted to using or said he would for money) would use performance enhancing drugs.

Secondly, drug testing is always behind new designer drugs. It has to be on the banned substance list to be illegal. A new designer drug comes out and the lab already knows how to mask it.

Can I prove that drugs are in the NBA? No. But it wouldn't shock me. Everybody talks about there being no advantage to using drugs in basketball unlike baseball or football. That makes no sense whatsoever. A reduced recovery time, lower muscle fatigue, increased size and strength don't have a role in being a better basketball player?
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,680

Post#67 » by hype_2004 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:51 pm

With the amount of running and frenetic cardio vascular activity prevalent in pro sports, I'm starting to wonder why there isn't more testing for EPO, this is far more potent and more advatageous than HGH and Steroids, can enhance strength, speed, recuperation and the all important endurance/stamina by increasing more oxygen flow to the bloodstream. Steroid and HGH lack the potency of EPO when dealing with the all important energy boost which I fell is far more important in anaerobic/power combo sports like Track and field/basketball/football/Soccer/Boxing/MMA and the list goes on.
Hendrix
RealGM

Post#68 » by Hendrix » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:32 pm

Agree with the above posts.

If a player had the competitive advantage to be able to continually run, coming off screens on offense, have the energy, and speed to gaurd their man better on defense then that of the competition that is not doping it seems like it is plausable that it could be in the NBA. Add in missing less games due to injury, and it seems like spending $10k/year on drugs would be benificial to someone that could be making $5million/year or $8million/year on their next contract.
Icefire10304
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#69 » by Icefire10304 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:23 pm

Does anyone know how much LeBron weighs now because NBA.com never updates their profile
kooldude
Lead Assistant
And1: 78

Post#70 » by kooldude » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:32 am

Hendrix is from bb. WATCH OUT!!
Warspite wrote:I still would take Mitch (Richmond) over just about any SG playing today. His peak is better than 2011 Kobe and with 90s rules hes better than Wade.

Jordan23Forever wrote:People are delusional.
Hendrix
RealGM

Post#71 » by Hendrix » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:47 am

kooldude wrote:Hendrix is from bb. WATCH OUT!!

lol, kooldude from the misc sports section?

Return to The General Board