Jokic is not the best in the world, and has been heavily overrated (NOW YOU CAN CHANGE VOTES)

Moderators: cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77

Has Jokic been overrated?

Yes
18%
No
82%

Total votes: 663

LoneyROY
Veteran
And1: 3,038

Re: Jokic is not the best in the world, and has been heavily overrated 

Post#601 » by LoneyROY » Wed May 15, 2024 5:10 am

Joker literally had ONE bad game in the playoffs and these clowns started circling like they had something.

Oops.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,517

Post#602 » by ImSlower » Wed May 15, 2024 5:12 am

ImSlower wrote:Such swings the daily see saw of the GB during the playoffs.

He's still the best player in the league. He absolutely deserves some criticism for some miscues these playoffs, but the stats weigh out. Now if the Wolves upset them, the narrative will divert streams and hear lots more chatter about undeserved MVPs.

He's my favorite player in the league to watch, and I hope he puts up some absurdly massive game here this post-season just to solidify his claim as an all-time talent.

Well that didn't take long, big guy!
Ssj16
Senior
And1: 621

Post#603 » by Ssj16 » Wed May 15, 2024 5:12 am

Sweet Serenity wrote:Eyatoma & Chokic ..

multo
Rookie
And1: 535

Post#604 » by multo » Wed May 15, 2024 5:14 am

OP in shambles.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 12,012

Post#605 » by Los_29 » Wed May 15, 2024 5:15 am

This thread should be stickied so we can constantly be reminded at how bad it is.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,800

Post#606 » by azcatz11 » Wed May 15, 2024 5:16 am

UglyBugBall wrote:I've been saying this since his first mvp. He's an incredible system player, but he lacks competitive fire and toughness to be an ATG player. His MVP as a 6 seed will be locked at as THE worst mvp season in history. It'll make the Rose and Nash wins seem unanimous.

Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work. He can't take over without that second punch on the perimeter the way other ATGs could. Now that Murray has been exposed, so has Jokic. What's funny is that those really watching told you this year's ago when he only got the sixth seed without him.

To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him. Last year he took advantage of an injured field, and a weakened conference in a transition year. He had Murray playing like a superstar and to his credit got it done. But his awards don't match his greatness and in a few years everyone will come around to what I'm saying here right now.

That’s crazy you actually posted this
MugzZo
Sixth Man
And1: 970

Post#607 » by MugzZo » Wed May 15, 2024 5:19 am

Somebody check on the OP's well-being.

Sent from my SM-F936U using RealGM mobile app
B_Creamy
Pro Prospect
And1: 853

Post#608 » by B_Creamy » Wed May 15, 2024 5:19 am

LoneyROY wrote:Joker literally had ONE bad game in the playoffs and these clowns starting circling like they had something.

Oops.

Lol his bad game was still 16/16/8
B_Creamy
Pro Prospect
And1: 853

Post#609 » by B_Creamy » Wed May 15, 2024 5:20 am

eyeatoma wrote:
UglyBugBall wrote:I've been saying this since his first mvp. He's an incredible system player, but he lacks competitive fire and toughness to be an ATG player. His MVP as a 6 seed will be locked at as THE worst mvp season in history. It'll make the Rose and Nash wins seem unanimous.

Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work. He can't take over without that second punch on the perimeter the way other ATGs could. Now that Murray has been exposed, so has Jokic. What's funny is that those really watching told you this year's ago when he only got the sixth seed without him.

To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him. Last year he took advantage of an injured field, and a weakened conference in a transition year. He had Murray playing like a superstar and to his credit got it done. But his awards don't match his greatness and in a few years everyone will come around to what I'm saying here right now.

100% agree, but social media will hate this take. Hold down the fort, because this is clear as day.

Lmao
LoneyROY
Veteran
And1: 3,038

Post#610 » by LoneyROY » Wed May 15, 2024 5:26 am

eyeatoma wrote:

100% agree, but social media will hate this take. Hold down the fort, because this is clear as day.

Embiid can't even carry Joker's jock when it matters. And it eats you alive every single night.
DimesandKnicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,677

Post#611 » by DimesandKnicks » Wed May 15, 2024 5:36 am

Not a bad combination on Inside the NBA tonight
MileHighBasket
Ballboy
And1: 84

Post#612 » by MileHighBasket » Wed May 15, 2024 5:36 am

How can one be so wrong and actually believe it? I can't even laugh at that.. it's just sad. Your analytical skills, or lack thereof, are horrendously bad.

There is no coming back from this one. Hell, I'd be ashamed of myself if I were you.

Yikes.
sp6r=underrated
RealGM
And1: 9,260

Post#613 » by sp6r=underrated » Wed May 15, 2024 5:37 am

B_Creamy wrote:
LoneyROY wrote:Joker literally had ONE bad game in the playoffs and these clowns starting circling like they had something.

Oops.

Lol his bad game was still 16/16/8

Honestly reminds me of Lebron's "bad" games.
Texas Chuck wrote:we watch super slow motion replay from 4 different angles and get angry if a ref missed something at full speed in real time . . . Newsflash to fans--it doesn't slow down matrix style for the refs as the game is going on
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

Post#614 » by brutalitops » Wed May 15, 2024 5:41 am

If he's not the best player in the NBA you might as well not bother and build assets untill whoever's better then him retires
UglyBugBall
Pro Prospect
And1: 823

Post#615 » by UglyBugBall » Wed May 15, 2024 6:02 am

I'm OP and I can't deny Jokic looking like the best player right now. If he wins the ring this year I'll admit hes an ATG and the best player in the world. Still a series and a half left though
UglyBugBall
Pro Prospect
And1: 823

Post#616 » by UglyBugBall » Wed May 15, 2024 6:04 am

MileHighBasket wrote:

How can one be so wrong and actually believe it? I can't even laugh at that.. it's just sad. Your analytical skills, or lack thereof, are horrendously bad.

There is no coming back from this one. Hell, I'd be ashamed of myself if I were you.

Yikes.

Jokic doing his best to prove me wrong, but there is still a series and a half left. If my take and Jokics response was a series it'd be 2-2.
MileHighBasket
Ballboy
And1: 84

Post#617 » by MileHighBasket » Wed May 15, 2024 6:26 am

UglyBugBall wrote:
MileHighBasket wrote:

Yikes.

Jokic doing his best to prove me wrong, but there is still a series and a half left. If my take and Jokics response was a series it'd be 2-2.

That's what worries me. You actually think he hasn't already proven you wrong.

You're literally using his STRENGTHS to state your supposed case against his greatness, namely competitive fire and toughness. To make things even more absurd, you then move on to claim he's inferior to Embiid, a player who's proved time and again that toughness isn't his strong suit.

Every single paragraph of your post is littered with inane arguments that make absolutely no sense. It didn't back when you posted it and it doesn't now.

Please read your posts prior to posting. Try to understand where you went wrong so it doesn't repeat itself.
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 8,194

Post#618 » by NZB2323 » Wed May 15, 2024 6:38 am

UglyBugBall wrote:I'm OP and I can't deny Jokic looking like the best player right now. If he wins the ring this year I'll admit hes an ATG and the best player in the world. Still a series and a half left though

You said Luka and Embiid were better than him. Luka missed the play in tournament last year, Embiid still hasn’t made the conference finals, and Jokic won it all last year, becoming the first player to lead the playoffs in points, rebounds, and assists.

You were proven wrong before you ever created this thread.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,692

Post#619 » by Dupp » Wed May 15, 2024 6:39 am

Womp womp
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 8,194

Post#620 » by NZB2323 » Wed May 15, 2024 6:40 am

UglyBugBall wrote:I'm OP and I can't deny Jokic looking like the best player right now. If he wins the ring this year I'll admit hes an ATG and the best player in the world. Still a series and a half left though

You said Luka and Embiid were better than him. Luka missed the play in tournament last year, Embiid still hasn’t made the conference finals, and Jokic won it all last year, becoming the first player to lead the playoffs in points, rebounds, and assists. That’s like one of four records Jokic broke last year as he went 16-4 in the playoffs.

You were proven wrong before you ever created this thread.

Return to The General Board