2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves (MIN WINS 4-3)

Moderators: cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77

Who wins GAME 7 and goes to the WCFs?

Nuggets
48%
Wolves
52%

Total votes: 178

Marvin Martian
General Manager
And1: 5,450

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves (DEN leads 3-2) 

Post#7961 » by Marvin Martian » Wed May 15, 2024 6:21 am

B-easy wrote:I think the adjustment Wolves needs to make is double Jokic. They've tried single coverage enough. Have to try something else.

How about sitting Gobert? That was the last time MIN played well against DEN
B-easy
Starter
And1: 604

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves (DEN leads 3-2) 

Post#7962 » by B-easy » Wed May 15, 2024 6:23 am

Marvin Martian wrote:
B-easy wrote:I think the adjustment Wolves needs to make is double Jokic. They've tried single coverage enough. Have to try something else.

How about sitting Gobert? That was the last time MIN played well against DEN

You still need him for rim protection. If he is out, Denver will shoot like 60%FG. I guess you could gamble that and just try to out shoot Denver but thats way too risky.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 9,010

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves (Series tied 2-2) 

Post#7963 » by Triple7 » Wed May 15, 2024 6:24 am

SFour wrote:
thinktank wrote:I don't think the Celtics have a chance.

they don't....who's going to stop Jokic on their team

Lol tf you guys are talking about. They barely beat the Lakers. They are just in a groove right now. Both times we played, the games went to the last minute, with Tatum shooting poorly. I admit, the Nuggets would be favored, and would be hard to beat, but we just need to shoot lights out for 4 games. Its not like the nuggets are that great defensively.
Hoopstar23
Veteran
And1: 1,938

Post#7964 » by Hoopstar23 » Wed May 15, 2024 6:26 am

SweaterBae wrote:Kenny "Gobert played great the first two games". Why does anyone watch this turrrrible show?

the end is near.. don't worry :D :D
Lakers824
Freshman
And1: 35

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves (Series tied 2-2) 

Post#7965 » by Lakers824 » Wed May 15, 2024 6:27 am

Johnny Firpo wrote:
PierceFan4ever wrote:Jokic better than any version of Lebron

Offensively, he surely is, but LeBron still rates out higher overall. Let's stay realistic.

It is realistic. He's the best player statistically that there has ever been, if you look at the advanced metrics. He and LeBron both played in in the same post-handchecking era and one is leaps and bounds ahead of the other.

His BPM stats rival Jordan (if I'm not mistaken, he's already tied Jordan for most seasons in the top 10 all time). His PER average is better by a comfortable distance. And he's just won his 3rd MVP and counting (which should be 4), having won a title without an all star, an all NBA teammate, or an all NBA defensive teammate.
1993Playoffs
Analyst
And1: 3,631

Post#7966 » by 1993Playoffs » Wed May 15, 2024 6:41 am

Its such a common theme

Rudy Gobert getting absolutely cooked the PO, its a tradition
KingFox
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,699

Post#7967 » by KingFox » Wed May 15, 2024 6:52 am

I wish Denver would alter the colors on their homecourt if they're gonna wear something that dark. Anyway, their team is freaking incredible so who cares :lol:
Sgt Major
Head Coach
And1: 15,445

Post#7968 » by Sgt Major » Wed May 15, 2024 7:00 am

Triple7 wrote:
SFour wrote:

Lol tf you guys are talking about. They barely beat the Lakers. They are just in a groove right now. Both times we played, the games went to the last minute, with Tatum shooting poorly. I admit, the Nuggets would be favored, and would be hard to beat, but we just need to shoot lights out for 4 games. Its not like the nuggets are that great defensively.

They didn't the Lakers seriously at all. In all 4 wins they trailed by a lot early and then got back to win those games. The Lakers are completely irrelevant to them and a half-assed effort was enough to win that series.
Det. Frank Pembleton: You know, sometimes you're funny. Then there's now.
CodeBreaker
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,622

Post#7969 » by CodeBreaker » Wed May 15, 2024 7:00 am

SFour wrote:

Al Horford
Triple7
RealGM

Post#7970 » by Triple7 » Wed May 15, 2024 7:03 am

Sgt Major wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
SFour wrote:

They didn't the Lakers seriously at all. In all 4 wins they trailed by a lot early and then got back to win those games. The Lakers are completely irrelevant to them and a half-assed effort was enough to win that series.

Lol no! Keep telling yourself that. Half assed on a playoff series. Haha good one. It not for that 2 lucky clutch shots by jamal, things would have been different.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,477

Post#7971 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Wed May 15, 2024 7:03 am

Triple7 wrote:
SFour wrote:

Be realistic, Denver is in different league
Triple7
RealGM

Post#7972 » by Triple7 » Wed May 15, 2024 7:05 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
SFour wrote:

Lol. You probably the same poster writing them off, when they down 0-2. Tf with that. Different league my ass.
CodeBreaker
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,622

Post#7973 » by CodeBreaker » Wed May 15, 2024 7:06 am

Triple7 wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

Lol. You probably the same poster writing them off, when they down 0-2. Tf with that. Different league my ass.

Keep that same energy in the Finals
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 9,762

Post#7974 » by GrandTheftRondo » Wed May 15, 2024 7:07 am

thinktank wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:
thinktank wrote:
You're right. They'll try their brand of iso-ball like we saw against the Cavs last night. Works against the Cavs.

They’ve lost both games against Denver by a basket.

Maybe they will win but it’s comical how people act like they are miles better

Denver has that extra gear.

I've never seen these Celtics have that. "New team" you all say. It's not really new. Your core is the same.

It is a different team to last season.

Two completely different core pieces. But whatever you say…

The Celtics are superior to the Wolves who have taken two games off the Nuggets.
Sgt Major
Head Coach

Post#7975 » by Sgt Major » Wed May 15, 2024 7:08 am

Triple7 wrote:
Sgt Major wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

Lol no! Keep telling yourself that. Half assed on a playoff series. Haha good one. It not for that 2 lucky clutch shots by jamal, things would have been different.

"Lucky", right.

Oh well, you do you.
Sgt Major
Head Coach

Post#7976 » by Sgt Major » Wed May 15, 2024 7:08 am

Read on Twitter
iggymcfrack
RealGM
And1: 8,187

Post#7977 » by iggymcfrack » Wed May 15, 2024 7:09 am

Chuck Everett wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:
Bourne85 wrote:Screw the voters for letting Embiid fraud steal an MVP from this incredible player. Absolute joke

The NBA voters are trying to protect Jordan's legacy.

They weren't going to let Jokic win 4 straight MVPs. At that point, he would be up there with Jordan.

These are same people who went out of their way to block Lebron from winning more MVPs than he actually won.

You're not going to be up there with Jordan with only one Larry O'Brien. Denver needs more chips.

Jordan won his first chip at age 28 and his second at age 29. Joker was tied after his age 28 season and he’s still gonna be tied when the playoffs are done this season. Bostons the only team that even has a shot to stop him.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 14,046

Post#7978 » by Chuck Everett » Wed May 15, 2024 7:11 am

iggymcfrack wrote:
Chuck Everett wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:
The NBA voters are trying to protect Jordan's legacy.

They weren't going to let Jokic win 4 straight MVPs. At that point, he would be up there with Jordan.

These are same people who went out of their way to block Lebron from winning more MVPs than he actually won.

You're not going to be up there with Jordan with only one Larry O'Brien. Denver needs more chips.

Jordan won his first chip at age 28 and his second at age 29. Joker was tied after his age 28 season and he’s still gonna be tied when the playoffs are done this season. Bostons the only team that even has a shot to stop him.

Don't count chips before they happen. Just let it play out.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,477

Post#7979 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Wed May 15, 2024 7:11 am

GrandTheftRondo wrote:
thinktank wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:They’ve lost both games against Denver by a basket.

Maybe they will win but it’s comical how people act like they are miles better

Denver has that extra gear.

I've never seen these Celtics have that. "New team" you all say. It's not really new. Your core is the same.

It is a different team to last season.

Two completely different core pieces. But whatever you say…

Who’s gonna stop Joker ? Pozingis from the bench or 200 years old Horford ? Maybe white ? :lol:
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 9,762

Post#7980 » by GrandTheftRondo » Wed May 15, 2024 7:11 am

Triple7 wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

A week ago the Celtics were apparently meant to be quaking in their boots at the thought of Minnesota

Return to The General Board