Shams: LeBron wins tournament MVP

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Ein Sof
Pro Prospect
And1: 792

Re: Shams: LeBron wins MVP 

Post#81 » by Ein Sof » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:20 pm

JordansBulls wrote:
Ein Sof wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:When Jordan was playing

That only lasted for 7 full years in a row. Then he quit. LOL.

Because he three peated for the franchise that drafted him that never won and didn’t go team hopping and still had a guy in his era with as many titles as him and beat him head to head more.

Imagine comparing Jordan to LeBron.

Infamous teammate abuser... to LeBron.
Homer38
RealGM
And1: 11,842

Post#82 » by Homer38 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:36 pm

Read on Twitter
ty 4191
Veteran
And1: 1,965

Post#83 » by ty 4191 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:52 pm

KyRo23 wrote:
Baz wrote:Already using the IST Cup in LeBron>MJ arguments is so funny

I don't think anyone is actually serious about that. If you have LeBron over Jordan already, the IST didn't change it. Same goes for if you already had MJ over LeBron, this doesn't change any minds

Tracymcgoaty wrote:MJ finna unretire himself now.

It's too late MJ

MJ about to release part two of his doc

Part 2?

Are you serious?

10 totally hagiographic, totally self-congratulatory, totally biased and self-worshipping (quasi documentary) episodes weren't enough? Re: "The Last Dance".

Read this post on FB in private debate group recently. Thought you and others would appreciate it;

"I just realized something regarding Jordan vs. Lebron GOAT debate. Lebron James is really a legitimate threat to Michael Jordan’s legacy when you really think about it & notice the huge PR tactics that Jordan is engaging in to protect his legacy.

Let me carefully explain.

Jordan was directly involved in the direction & production of "The Last Dance" Documentary, which was created for the sole purpose in a attempt to introduce himself to the new generation of people who are saying that Lebron James is the GOAT, which apparently has made Jordan very upset. Scottie Pippen himself has verified this fact. 

Jordan is also directly involved in the new film that’s been released called “Air”, which details the history of Jordan’s affiliation with Nike. Jordan, no doubt, is pulling all the stops in an attempt to stifle the argument of millions of people around the world who are proclaiming that Lebron James is the GOAT. 

And you know what makes this very interesting?

It's the fact that Lebron James himself has not involved himself with any PR tactics whatsoever to proclaim himself as the best, even though he’s getting this huge support & response.

That’s very powerful. 

Then you have the millions of Jordan fans, who every single day posts hundreds, if not thousands or millions of posts that are specifically designed to target James in a negative light. There has never been, in the entire history of the NBA, a player who has been despised & hated as much as Lebron James. 

But, you know what this all means? In all my years of living, I’ve come to the understanding that those who are targeted & attacked the most are indeed the most feared & are considered a serious threat. If they weren’t, there wouldn’t be a need to even mention them because they wouldn’t even appear on a person’s radar & wouldn’t be worth the time.

The fact that Michael Jordan & his fans have an insatiable need to target Lebron James on a daily basis speaks volumes."
ty 4191
Veteran
And1: 1,965

Post#84 » by ty 4191 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:09 pm

KyRo23 wrote:

I don't think anyone is actually serious about that. If you have LeBron over Jordan already, the IST didn't change it. Same goes for if you already had MJ over LeBron, this doesn't change any minds

It's too late MJ

(The Jordan Cult is truly pathetic. This is the last & (apparently) never ending salvo of everyone over 40, who cannot cope with the world, and reality as it is, in 2023).

Very sad, indeed.

27/7/7 for 21 **** years. Michael Jordan could never have dreamed of having that kind of career. Much less 25/7.5/6.6 at age 39. By then? Jordan was off being 1000% selfish/self-absorbed (as always), retired, going to Vegas with Tiger Woods and Barkley to consort with prostitutes and night club hostesses at that age.

Jfh20
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,773

Post#85 » by Jfh20 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:28 pm

Eagle4 wrote:ONE MORE TITLE/MVP TO CATCH MJ!

You’re counting some regular season cup no one cares about as a title??? lol…
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,669

Post#86 » by prophet_of_rage » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:58 pm

KembaWalker wrote:When Jordan was playing, they didn't need to do desperate gimmick crap like this to try and convince you to watch the games. Everyone just watched, because you wanted to watch Jordan.

But I guess some guys aren't a draw like that
Nope, they just changed the defensive rules and shortened the three point line.

Sent from my SM-S9080 using RealGM mobile app
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,078

Post#87 » by Pharmcat » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:01 pm

Hyaena wrote:Great stuff as always from the GOAT. Honestly, I had low expectations for the in-season tournament, but I genuinely enjoyed it (save for the court design, lol).
that had to be the ugliest courts ever
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,669

Post#88 » by prophet_of_rage » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:01 pm

Young gun 6 wrote:I wish we could’ve had a few seasons of MJ playing without Pippen and Phil Jackson to see how he would’ve gone.

I guess we’ll never know though.
We did have it. He lost and lost and lost.

Sent from my SM-S9080 using RealGM mobile app
bb22
Starter
And1: 1,024

Post#89 » by bb22 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:08 pm

ty 4191 wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:

It's too late MJ

Part 2?

Are you serious?

10 totally hagiographic, totally self-congratulatory, totally biased and self-worshipping (quasi documentary) episodes weren't enough? Re: "The Last Dance".

Read this post on FB in private debate group recently. Thought you and others would appreciate it;

"I just realized something regarding Jordan vs. Lebron GOAT debate. Lebron James is really a legitimate threat to Michael Jordan’s legacy when you really think about it & notice the huge PR tactics that Jordan is engaging in to protect his legacy.

Let me carefully explain.

Jordan was directly involved in the direction & production of "The Last Dance" Documentary, which was created for the sole purpose in a attempt to introduce himself to the new generation of people who are saying that Lebron James is the GOAT, which apparently has made Jordan very upset. Scottie Pippen himself has verified this fact. 

Jordan is also directly involved in the new film that’s been released called “Air”, which details the history of Jordan’s affiliation with Nike. Jordan, no doubt, is pulling all the stops in an attempt to stifle the argument of millions of people around the world who are proclaiming that Lebron James is the GOAT. 

And you know what makes this very interesting?

It's the fact that Lebron James himself has not involved himself with any PR tactics whatsoever to proclaim himself as the best, even though he’s getting this huge support & response.

That’s very powerful. 

Then you have the millions of Jordan fans, who every single day posts hundreds, if not thousands or millions of posts that are specifically designed to target James in a negative light. There has never been, in the entire history of the NBA, a player who has been despised & hated as much as Lebron James. 

But, you know what this all means? In all my years of living, I’ve come to the understanding that those who are targeted & attacked the most are indeed the most feared & are considered a serious threat. If they weren’t, there wouldn’t be a need to even mention them because they wouldn’t even appear on a person’s radar & wouldn’t be worth the time.

The fact that Michael Jordan & his fans have an insatiable need to target Lebron James on a daily basis speaks volumes."

I’m part of the Lebron is the GOAT crowd, and definitely not a newer generation as I watched Jordan play live (was his biggest fan back in the day).

However, Lebron is having non-stop PR as he is still actively playing. He is still the face of basketball worldwide. Once his career ends, he will almost certainly be engaging in similar activities as MJ. I mean, he’s already made the same movie and intends to own a franchise.

Yes, Jordan cares about his legacy. But he’s also in it to further his brand and wealth. The goat debate is just part of it.
syrus3
Pro Prospect
And1: 944

Post#90 » by syrus3 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:19 pm

The hilarious part about it is that Lebron has his cronies at ESPN and the network still chose MJ as the best.
SalmonsSuperfan
Starter
And1: 2,169

Post#91 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:23 pm

god, what a con. mvp for a regular season game. Adam Silver-Kissinger and the owners are loving this, it's a perfectly crafted storyline. why did LeBron get it anyway, didn't AD put up 40/20? ostensibly because it's better for business if LeBron wins.
Homer38
RealGM

Post#92 » by Homer38 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:27 pm

SalmonsSuperfan wrote:god, what a con. mvp for a regular season game. Adam Silver-Kissinger and the owners are loving this, it's a perfectly crafted storyline. why did LeBron get it anyway, didn't AD put up 40/20? ostensibly because it's better for business if LeBron wins.

The MVP is for the entire tournament,not just for the finals....
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,346

Post#93 » by KyRo23 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:28 pm

SalmonsSuperfan wrote:god, what a con. mvp for a regular season game. Adam Silver-Kissinger and the owners are loving this, it's a perfectly crafted storyline. why did LeBron get it anyway, didn't AD put up 40/20? ostensibly because it's better for business if LeBron wins.

Before you make wild claims, do some research. The MVP was for the entire tournament which LeBron did outplay AD. Better for business though! Tinfoil hat time
SalmonsSuperfan
Starter

Post#94 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:30 pm

Homer38 wrote:

AD had better stats throughout and then absolutely dominated the "finals"
SalmonsSuperfan
Starter

Post#95 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:30 pm

KyRo23 wrote:

Before you make wild claims, do some research. The MVP was for the entire tournament which LeBron did outplay AD. Better for business though! Tinfoil hat time

no he didn't. how is it a tinfoil hat when they only added this stupid "tournament" to make extra revenue? lakers winning wasn't on purpose, but of course they were going to give it to LBJ.
Homer38
RealGM

Post#96 » by Homer38 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:31 pm

SalmonsSuperfan wrote:
Homer38 wrote:

Not even close to be true
Homer38
RealGM

Post#97 » by Homer38 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:32 pm

Read on Twitter
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,346

Post#98 » by KyRo23 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:32 pm

SalmonsSuperfan wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:

no he didn't. how is it a tinfoil hat when they only added this stupid "tournament" to make extra revenue? lakers winning wasn't on purpose, but of course they were going to give it to LBJ.

He did though. Not interested in arguing conspiracy theories, sorry
SalmonsSuperfan
Starter

Post#99 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:33 pm

Homer38 wrote:
SalmonsSuperfan wrote:
Homer38 wrote:

Not even close to be true

why do you say this so boldly? I'm looking at the box scores of every game right now. you should too
SalmonsSuperfan
Starter

Post#100 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:33 pm

KyRo23 wrote:
SalmonsSuperfan wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:

He did though. Not interested in arguing conspiracy theories, sorry

midwit. good consumer.

Return to The General Board