Josh Giddey and OKC’s first real mistake

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 8,001

Re: Josh Giddey and OKC’s first real mistake 

Post#81 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri May 10, 2024 11:23 pm

Swift21 wrote:
Big nick wrote:
Memories wrote:He's also a pedophile so I except he will get moved after this post season.

He's certainly not worth keeping with his controversy due to his lack of actual talent.

He's not a pedophile so stop with that bs.

He's a pedophile.

If 16 and 19 makes one a pedophile then just about all of Europe should be locked up along with probably 30-40% of the kids from my High School.
axeman23
Analyst
And1: 3,149

Post#82 » by axeman23 » Fri May 10, 2024 11:30 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:
Swift21 wrote:
Big nick wrote:He's not a pedophile so stop with that bs.

He's a pedophile.

If 16 and 19 makes one a pedophile then just about all of Europe should be locked up along with probably 30-40% of the kids from my High School.

At least the clowns have FINALLY realized the "Ben Simmons for ROY" jokes are no longer funny, it seems. So give them another year or so, maybe they'll work out this has been done to death (and lacking facts...) as well. We can only HOPE! :thinking:
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,302

Post#83 » by Dan Z » Fri May 10, 2024 11:35 pm

Zeno wrote:I think he ends up on the Suns. Nurk, 2031 1st for Giddy, maybe one of their 2024 1sts. Something like that. OKC gets another lottery ticket and eats salary for a big man of situational value.

Who plays center for the Suns after that trade?
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 21,580

Post#84 » by AussieCeltic » Fri May 10, 2024 11:39 pm

ogmagicfan wrote:Its laughable there's actual posters who believe Josh Giddey is some transformative player

In the modern NBA, if you cant shoot or defend, the justification for you being in the NBA is practically zero

If you struggle with dribbling/dribble penetration on top of that its even lower.

There's no universe where Josh Giddey should be starting on the Thunder, he is by all measure a bad basketball player on both sides

Even if he plays on another team, he shouldnt be starting, because he isnt close to starting quality. It's ridiculous this is even a conversation to be honest. Way too many box score readers not enough bball watchers

19/7/7 without SGA this season.

His problem is he needs the ball to be effective and that’s not what’s best for this OKC team with SGA/J-Dub and Chet.

It’s kind of laughable you call other box score watchers when you’ve said he struggles with dribbling and dribble penetration when that’s one of his elite skills.

To say he’s not close to starting quality just shows you’re a hater, especially coming from a Magic fan who don’t even have a point guard of Giddeys quality.
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
Soca
Veteran
And1: 847

Post#85 » by Soca » Sat May 11, 2024 12:31 am

BlazersBroncos wrote:
Swift21 wrote:

He's a pedophile.

Wow
magee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,407

Post#86 » by magee » Sat May 11, 2024 12:39 am

Giddey's a solid #2 ball handler and decision maker. The Thunder evolved past what he's able to provide. I think the Thunder know what he's capable of and will look to find the right trade for both sides, similar to he giving up Tre Mann gave him a chance to showcase his abilities since he wasn't going to get the pt off the bench for the Thunder this year.
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 384

Post#87 » by WentzerWuver » Sat May 11, 2024 1:46 am

BobbyPortisEyes wrote:I disagree. The Thunder still have a lot of picks coming their way which are sure to yield some young and exciting talent. Giddey is a very intelligent player and he can groom these young guys to one day take over.
So he can groom young guys, eh? Seems like young is the keyword you are trying to convey here. I wouldn't want him anywhere with my Sixers.
Roy T
Pro Prospect
And1: 911

Post#88 » by Roy T » Sat May 11, 2024 1:49 am

Soca wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:
Swift21 wrote:
He's a pedophile.

Wow

You puritanical deniers of reality are the worst thing that American culture has ever produced.
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 11,315

Post#89 » by KembaWalker » Sat May 11, 2024 2:27 am

Roy T wrote:
Soca wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:

Wow

You puritanical deniers of reality are the worst thing that American culture has ever produced.

We need more guys like you standing up for the rights of adult millionaire athletes to commit statutory rape on our high school freshmen girls. So brave and such a truly noble cause
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 20,220

Post#90 » by Zeno » Sat May 11, 2024 2:34 am

Dan Z wrote:
Zeno wrote:I think he ends up on the Suns. Nurk, 2031 1st for Giddy, maybe one of their 2024 1sts. Something like that. OKC gets another lottery ticket and eats salary for a big man of situational value.

Who plays center for the Suns after that trade?

They would have two late 2024 1sts and Little’s contract to trade. They could draft a few guys or try to trade for someone though I’m not sure who would be available. There are no perfect solutions for them given there situation.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
DrModesty
Senior
And1: 530

Post#91 » by DrModesty » Sat May 11, 2024 2:35 am

I'm a little surprised people that accuse Giddey of paedophilia aren't banned. Other sports forums I have been on tend to be much harsher on this sort of posting. It's not like this is a Karl Malone situation where what he did was proven.

Of course it is not my place to dictate the moderation practices here and the mods are free to moderate at their discretion. I anticipate this thread getting locked shortly.
doogie_hauser
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,402

Post#92 » by doogie_hauser » Sat May 11, 2024 2:37 am

KembaWalker wrote:
Roy T wrote:
Soca wrote:
Wow

We need more guys like you standing up for the rights of adult millionaire athletes to commit statutory rape on our high school freshmen girls. So brave and such a truly noble cause

Yet your team has Miles Bridges playing for them, someone PROVEN to have something far more toxic and damaging than what Josh Giddey was ALLEGED to have done.

If it was categorically proven Giddey did commit Statutory Rape than 100 percent he should not be in the NBA I agree.

Back on topic at hand, he is a good player that doesn't fit in with OKC and their system.

Definitely would be a better fit on say Phoenix, Lakers etc, teams looking for an actual play maker.. Possibly Miami too.
DrModesty
Senior
And1: 530

Post#93 » by DrModesty » Sat May 11, 2024 2:43 am

doogie_hauser wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:
Roy T wrote:

Yet your team has Miles Bridges playing for them, someone PROVEN to have something far more toxic and damaging than what Josh Giddey was ALLEGED to have done.

If it was categorically proven Giddey did commit Statutory Rape than 100 percent he should not be in the NBA I agree.

Back on topic at hand, he is a good player that doesn't fit in with OKC and their system.

Definitely would be a better fit on say Phoenix, Lakers etc, teams looking for an actual play maker.. Possibly Miami too.

The Nets and the Wizards both make sense.
Memories
Veteran
And1: 4,966

Post#94 » by Memories » Sat May 11, 2024 2:56 am

Bloodbather wrote:
Memories wrote:He's also a pedophile so I except he will get moved after this post season.

He's certainly not worth keeping with his controversy due to his lack of actual talent.

He's not a pedophile. Pedophile means attracted to pre-pubescents. He slept with a late adolescent that was only a few years younger than him. Age of consent isn't 18 everywhere, in fact it's more common for it to be 15-16. Enough with throwing this word around so liberally. Being falsely accused of child sexual abuse is one of the worst things that can happen to someone and it's happening everywhere.

Lol you losers, or maybe an actual pedophile yourself, truing to explain how someone is not a pedophile (he is, deal with it), remind me of this stand-up:

https://youtu.be/nu6C2KL_S9o?si=pP8Ru6AMI6fmfJx0

Sorry bud, but you trying to define what it is, only makes it worse and makes YOU sound like a pedophile yourself. Which, I wouldn't surprised considering the amount of people here trying to defend it having awful opinions elsewhere. So it makes sense.

User warned/Strike

Stick to basketball.

Don't call others "losers" and "you sound like a pedophile", when you clearly have no clue what you're talking about.

-Dirk
Memories wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
Memories wrote:So still not at all over yet.

Nah it’s over 121 to 107

Clippers go on a 15-0 run right after this, and eventually win the game. :lol:
Memories
Veteran
And1: 4,966

Post#95 » by Memories » Sat May 11, 2024 3:24 am

BlazersBroncos wrote:
Swift21 wrote:

He's a pedophile.

He’s a pedophile.
Memories wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
Memories wrote:So still not at all over yet.

Nah it’s over 121 to 107

Clippers go on a 15-0 run right after this, and eventually win the game. :lol:
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 384

Post#96 » by WentzerWuver » Sat May 11, 2024 3:29 am

Memories wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:
Swift21 wrote:
He's a pedophile.

He’s a pedophile.
Let's end this subject of discussion, guys...its getting old.
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,760

Post#97 » by Dez » Sat May 11, 2024 7:46 am

Memories wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:
Swift21 wrote:
He's a pedophile.

He’s a pedophile.

The IQ on you is in the negatives, how the hell are you still allowed to post here?
FarBeyondDriven
Sixth Man
And1: 1,077

Post#98 » by FarBeyondDriven » Sat May 11, 2024 10:35 am

he's matchup dependent right now and he's young enough to suggest he could improve, maybe even dramatically. I don't think OKC is the place where he'll shine though so I do expect him to be moved. There are a dozen teams imo that would love to have him as a starting option. Or, coming off the bench to lead a 2nd unit. Maybe he can even settle into that role with OKC
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,857

Post#99 » by Dirk » Sat May 11, 2024 10:41 am

Hey guys,

this is what we can find over the Giddey case:

Police released a statement saying, in part, "our detectives have reviewed all of the available information and were unable to corroborate any criminal activity related to Mr. Giddey."

If you have proof that Giddey is a "paedophile", then turn that over to the Police. That is a serious word that shouldn't be used casually.

We obviously know there will always be some jokes made about him. But, the term "paedophile" typically refers to someone who is primarily or exclusively attracted to prepubescent children, usually under the age of 13.

From the dictionary, an adult who is sexually attracted to young children.

That is no joke.

I suppose that even if you feel this guy did something very wrong (which he may have, may have broken laws, we don't know... we just know he wasn't accused of anything), it was not paedophilia.

This is a sports message board... so if you feel compelled to be throwing the word around... something is not right with you and we shouldn't have to tolerate reading it... so expect a warning/strike if you have nothing better to do with your time than cheaply throwing the world pedophile around.

Sorry to the users who came here and discussed the actual topic. I am sure we'll have a few Giddey topics one way or another.

Locking the topic.
60/21/10

Return to The General Board