Jokic's teammates failed him...AGAIN.

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,433

Re: Jokic's teammates failed him...AGAIN. 

Post#81 » by SeattleJazzFan » Mon May 20, 2024 3:13 am

What a stupid thread title. Gobert handled Jokic just as he needed to. I would say jokic let his teammates down, but there was nothing he could do - unfortunately ran into Rudy in the second round.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,239

Post#82 » by cpower » Mon May 20, 2024 3:14 am

Dennis Reynolds wrote:
cpower wrote:
Dennis Reynolds wrote:
Where did I mention anything about beating 50 win teams? I just mentioned an unprecedented amount of injuries Curry benefited from on his way to helping Igoudala finally bringing a championship to the Bay.

As I said in the previous post I just edited, al least Jokic won the Finals MVP and didn't have the luxury to be on a team that wins around 70% of their playoff games without him.

still zero rings, Joker got carried by Murray who outplayed Lebron/AD last year. :lol: People forgot how good Murray was

You went from saying Curry has won 2 rings as the guy to saying he has won 1 to finally realizing he has none? Good for you for admitting those hospital rings are completely worthless, shows a lot of growth on your part.

As for Jokic's ring last season, I agree that Murray was absolutely incredible against the Lakers, MVP of that series if you ask me but Jokic was also incredible in that series and all the other ones as well.

I also think some of the naratives pushed on this board about Murray and Jokic's supporting cast are complete nonsense. This series is what happens when the otger guys don't step up, 3 bad losses and the biggest lead blown in a game 7 ever. Not to mention only 1 series win in 2 seasons without Murray.

seems like you cant read lol Joker has zero rings
C-Melo Man
Junior
And1: 198

Post#83 » by C-Melo Man » Mon May 20, 2024 3:17 am

uncleduck13 wrote:Can they afford Paul George?

Doubt it without coming off MPJ's contract which I'm more than good with for a legit second scoring option who can be #1 at times.
kingr
Head Coach
And1: 2,756

Post#84 » by kingr » Mon May 20, 2024 3:20 am

Murray had 35 and jokic wasn't perfect either with that 2-10 from 3.
SweaterBae
Sixth Man
And1: 2,584

Post#85 » by SweaterBae » Mon May 20, 2024 3:21 am

Wallace_Wallace wrote:
MPJ’s mental make up is not as tough as someone like Gordon or Braun, he needs to find a way to be useful when his shots aren’t falling (don’t Klay your way out of a slump). His talent is very similar to Brandon Ingram, why isn’t he dominating the 3rd best defender on the other team?

Because his handles make Jaylen Brown look like The Professor. BI averages almost 6 assists per game the last 3 seasons, and gets to the line 5-6 times a game. MPJ has career averages of 1.2 assists per game and 1.7 FTA.
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,631

Post#86 » by Alatan » Mon May 20, 2024 3:22 am

Mephariel wrote:I thought Jokic did what he could. But he shot way too many 3s and not hitting them.

Jokic didnt play GOATly but he was double teamed every time he touched the ball, the paint was always stacked and they treated him like Giannis for most of the game.

It was his fault for missing all those wide open threes. That was his weakness through the whole season.

Needs to practice those threes again. Without them he is nowhere near as dangerous as he cant force the defense to open up the paint.
SweaterBae
Sixth Man
And1: 2,584

Post#87 » by SweaterBae » Mon May 20, 2024 3:22 am

SeattleJazzFan wrote:What a stupid thread title. Gobert handled Jokic just as he needed to. I would say jokic let his teammates down, but there was nothing he could do - unfortunately ran into Rudy in the second round.

Fixed that for you.
Dennis Reynolds
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,134

Post#88 » by Dennis Reynolds » Mon May 20, 2024 3:22 am

cpower wrote:
Dennis Reynolds wrote:
cpower wrote:still zero rings, Joker got carried by Murray who outplayed Lebron/AD last year. :lol: People forgot how good Murray was

You went from saying Curry has won 2 rings as the guy to saying he has won 1 to finally realizing he has none? Good for you for admitting those hospital rings are completely worthless, shows a lot of growth on your part.

As for Jokic's ring last season, I agree that Murray was absolutely incredible against the Lakers, MVP of that series if you ask me but Jokic was also incredible in that series and all the other ones as well.

I also think some of the naratives pushed on this board about Murray and Jokic's supporting cast are complete nonsense. This series is what happens when the otger guys don't step up, 3 bad losses and the biggest lead blown in a game 7 ever. Not to mention only 1 series win in 2 seasons without Murray.

seems like you cant read lol Joker has zero rings

But last season Jokic led all players in points, rebounds and assists in the playoffs on great efficiency and won the Finals MVP, you know, that award which Curry won only once in 6 tries.

Yet, you still say Jokic won 0 rings while propping up Curry's hospital rings, how so?
AmIWrongDude
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,163

Post#89 » by AmIWrongDude » Mon May 20, 2024 3:24 am

He played close to good enough to win but was far from amazing. He didn’t do anything to stop the bleeding when the Wolves went on their run. Defense was trash and he was clearly gassed in the 4th giving up some big rebounds.

He also got a great whistle. Not sure he even deserved any of his free throws and that goaltending call definitely didn’t need to be called. Also had a statpadded dunk at the end.

His supporting cast other than Murray was bad but the game was very very very winnable.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,632

Post#90 » by Tor_Raps » Mon May 20, 2024 3:27 am

I've been calling out MPJ's whack ass all year. Dude never deserved that stupid max contract the front office handed him and that ultimately screwed them from keeping Bruce Brown and others.

I would ship his ass out this offseason to get 3 solid rotational players instead. Denver has 0 depth.
xinxin
Sixth Man
And1: 1,387

Post#91 » by xinxin » Mon May 20, 2024 3:28 am

where are all the nuggets supporters claiming dynasty?

some of you downplayed the loss of Brown and Green. & claimed that Braun was more than enough.. he did score 5 pts. oh well.

in any case, Silver already gave a them a gift by not suspending Murray for Game 3. this should have been a much shorter series.

Wolves just needed to find themselves. & looks like they have.

it'll be an interesting WCF between the Mavs and Wolves..
Alatan
Assistant Coach

Post#92 » by Alatan » Mon May 20, 2024 3:29 am

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:Naz Reid was getting by him like he had concrete sneakers, how is that his teammates fault?

Naz Reid played 22 minutes, Jokic played 47 battling three bigs. If you expect him to lock to score 30, grab 20 boards and lock down the paint the whole game, you must think he is better than Jordan...
Alatan
Assistant Coach

Post#93 » by Alatan » Mon May 20, 2024 3:33 am

bledredwine wrote:Fine Denver. We'll accept Murray for Lavine.

Just because we like you all.

Be careful what you wish for.
sikma42
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,820

Post#94 » by sikma42 » Mon May 20, 2024 3:35 am

Alatan wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:Naz Reid was getting by him like he had concrete sneakers, how is that his teammates fault?

Naz Reid played 22 minutes, Jokic played 47 battling three bigs. If you expect him to lock to score 30, grab 20 boards and lock down the paint the whole game, you must think he is better than Jordan...

There are threads on here that say his peak is equal to or better than Jordan. Just gotta keep the same energy.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 17,377

Post#95 » by Wolfgang630 » Mon May 20, 2024 3:36 am

The roleplayers didn’t show up. MPJ was garbage this series. All these dudes needed to show up at home. My god help Jokic and Murray out.
PushDaRock
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,470

Post#96 » by PushDaRock » Mon May 20, 2024 3:39 am

GeorgeSears wrote:The Nuggets FO was arrogant and lazy. They felt because they had Jokic, if everyone else on the starting lineup is healthy, they'll win.

So, when Bruce and Jeff left, that rendered their bench borderline unplayable. Reggie, who barely played last postseason, was now the 6th man.

I still can't understand the bench that was assembled. It wasn't even this bad due to injuries, for whatever reason Booth just decided it wasn't a priority.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 42,102

Post#97 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Mon May 20, 2024 3:53 am

Alatan wrote:

He was being compared to peak LeBron and Jordan on here.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
Wallace_Wallace
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,254

Post#98 » by Wallace_Wallace » Mon May 20, 2024 3:55 am

SweaterBae wrote:
Wallace_Wallace wrote:
MPJ’s mental make up is not as tough as someone like Gordon or Braun, he needs to find a way to be useful when his shots aren’t falling (don’t Klay your way out of a slump). His talent is very similar to Brandon Ingram, why isn’t he dominating the 3rd best defender on the other team?

Because his handles make Jaylen Brown look like The Professor. BI averages almost 6 assists per game the last 3 seasons, and gets to the line 5-6 times a game. MPJ has career averages of 1.2 assists per game and 1.7 FTA.

So he should be learning things like movement off the ball, be disruptive on defense (bulk up a little helps). But it’s frustrating to watch him because he’s a real good talent.
___Rand___
RealGM
And1: 10,648

Post#99 » by ___Rand___ » Mon May 20, 2024 3:59 am

Statlanta wrote:I actually blame Malone. He spammed the two man game instead of any other action and the Nuggets role players became spectators after the 2nd quarter

This loss is on Malone. And on the GM for not having sufficient bench.

Malone didn't call any time outs during TWolves' run until it was too late and Wolves had the momentum. He didn't rest Jokic when they had a big lead. Joker was out of gas when the crunch time came.

The lack of bench is self-explanatory. They just don't have enough depth to help starters.
TinmanZBoy
General Manager
And1: 4,868

Post#100 » by TinmanZBoy » Mon May 20, 2024 4:00 am

quite frankly, this game 7 loss is on Joker... I know he was deadly tired in the second half, but you are the MVP, best player in the league ...you need to carry this team through.... he failed! simple as that... can't rely on Jamal and others
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss

Return to The General Board