2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves (MIN WINS 4-3)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins GAME 7 and goes to the WCFs?

Nuggets
48%
Wolves
52%

Total votes: 178

CD_41
Junior
And1: 442

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves (DEN leads 3-2) 

Post#8021 » by CD_41 » Wed May 15, 2024 10:56 am

FreeBird23 wrote:
Pantsman wrote:How many times has the 4X DPOY been embarrassed in the playoffs?

How many times do we need to explain basketball to idiots ?

Mutombo was Dpoy in 2001.
Shaq averaged 33pts 15.8rbs 4.8 ast 3.4blks 57.3% against him in the Finals

Same thing with DPOY Gary Payton against MJ in 1996.

You just can't stop the All Time greats. Gobert has done a wonderful job this season and in the playoffs.
Nobody can't stop him.
And if you really look at game 5, Gobert has actually done a good job, using his body and trying to make Jokic work hard on offense.
Jokic was just too good.

100%
These Jokic shots are contested!
Gobert is actually doing a pretty decent job against Jokic. But the angles of Jokics's shots, the array of counter moves and the unpredictability of what he'll do on offense is so hard to defend.

People are unfair to Gobert in my opinion. Jokic had great numbers against the best defensive Centers in the game.
His problem-solving is just on another level.
"No sense in honoring an internet bet. This isn’t the real world get over stop crying like a baby."
"My first name is Hussien. Would you expect Saddam to honor a bet he made with Kuwait or the US?"

Hussein Fatal after losing a bet.
Deivork
Starter
And1: 1,875

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves (DEN leads 3-2) 

Post#8022 » by Deivork » Wed May 15, 2024 10:57 am

Kyle Anderson is playing a terrible series
jc23
RealGM
And1: 11,003

Post#8023 » by jc23 » Wed May 15, 2024 11:03 am

CD_41 wrote:
FreeBird23 wrote:
Pantsman wrote:How many times has the 4X DPOY been embarrassed in the playoffs?

You just can't stop the All Time greats. Gobert has done a wonderful job this season and in the playoffs.
Nobody can't stop him.
And if you really look at game 5, Gobert has actually done a good job, using his body and trying to make Jokic work hard on offense.
Jokic was just too good.

100%
Gobert is actually doing a pretty decent job against Jokic. But the angles of Jokics's shots, the array of counter moves and the unpredictability of what he'll do on offense is so hard to defend.

People are unfair to Gobert in my opinion. Jokic had great numbers against the best defensive Centers in the game.

I think Gobert is getting more criticism because he does not provide much on the offensive side. Joker dominated AD a bunch but AD could at least give a bit back on the other side.
Be curious, Not judgmental
FreeBird23
Junior
And1: 1,155

Post#8024 » by FreeBird23 » Wed May 15, 2024 11:12 am

jc23 wrote:
CD_41 wrote:
FreeBird23 wrote:

Nobody can't stop him.
Jokic was just too good.

100%

I think Gobert is getting more criticism because he does not provide much on the offensive side. Joker dominated AD a bunch but AD could at least give a bit back on the other side.

I see a lot of criticism because of Jokic's game.

Gobert has the best +/- of his team, with -2 in 40 minutes played. He is also 7/7, 18 points in this game.

Edwards was bad, it happens.

I blame Finch since he hasn't made adjustments in the last 2 games.
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 2,054

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves (Series tied 2-2) 

Post#8025 » by thinktank » Wed May 15, 2024 12:13 pm

GrandTheftRondo wrote:
thinktank wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:They’ve lost both games against Denver by a basket.

Maybe they will win but it’s comical how people act like they are miles better

Denver has that extra gear.

I've never seen these Celtics have that. "New team" you all say. It's not really new. Your core is the same.

It is a different team to last season.

Two completely different core pieces. But whatever you say…

The Celtics are superior to the Wolves who have taken two games off the Nuggets.

Wolves split with Celtics in RS. I just don’t see it.

Your core is Tatum and Brown.
“Tatum is garbage.” “Tatum is literally dogcrap.” -The Corey’s
BelgradeNugget
Veteran
And1: 3,106

Post#8026 » by BelgradeNugget » Wed May 15, 2024 12:13 pm

jc23 wrote:
CD_41 wrote:
FreeBird23 wrote:

Nobody can't stop him.
Jokic was just too good.

100%

But there is something AD couldn't provide. Every Nuggets player outside of Jokic and AG goes to the rim and passes the ball out. Only Jokic shoots and AG dunks (when he has adventage due to Gobert focus on Jokic) when Gobert is there.
thinktank
Analyst

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves (Series tied 2-2) 

Post#8027 » by thinktank » Wed May 15, 2024 12:16 pm

CodeBreaker wrote:
SFour wrote:
thinktank wrote:I don't think the Celtics have a chance.

they don't....who's going to stop Jokic on their team

Al Horford

Oh please.
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,978

Post#8028 » by nikster » Wed May 15, 2024 12:21 pm

thinktank wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:
thinktank wrote:

I've never seen these Celtics have that. "New team" you all say. It's not really new. Your core is the same.

The Celtics are superior to the Wolves who have taken two games off the Nuggets.

It's also incredibly lazy to compare series like that. Wolves are far superior to the Heat without Butler, and the heat took one game from the Celtics
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,667

Post#8029 » by Jaqua92 » Wed May 15, 2024 12:25 pm

Triple7 wrote:
SFour wrote:
thinktank wrote:I don't think the Celtics have a chance.

Lol tf you guys are talking about. They barely beat the Lakers. They are just in a groove right now. Both times we played, the games went to the last minute, with Tatum shooting poorly. I admit, the Nuggets would be favored, and would be hard to beat, but we just need to shoot lights out for 4 games. Its not like the nuggets are that great defensively.

The nuggets are a top 10 defensive team. And when they barely beat LA this season in the playoffs, they shot like 30% from three for the series and Murray was still injured.

The second game the Celtics played against them had Denver shooting like 20% from 3. The first game everyone in Denver shot like crap outside of Murray and Jokic. I remember, I was there.

I don't know if the Celtics don't stand a chance, but I think it's extremely likely that the Timberwolves failing to capitalize on their 2-0 series lead cost the Celtics the championship.
cupcakesnake
Senior Mod- WNBA
Senior Mod- WNBA
And1: 25,165

Post#8030 » by cupcakesnake » Wed May 15, 2024 12:32 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
cupcakesnake wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:I could understand Gobert not being able to guard the Warriors. But if he can't even guard Jokic what good is he lol.

Useless on offense as is.

This is just a super limited understanding of what the value of a rim protecting center is supposed to do on defense.

Rudy Gobert is like... pretty good at man-to-man defense and post defense because of his smart feet and massive length. His main value is making it really hard for entire offenses to score in the paint.

No one is stopping Jokic when he's playing like this. Throw prime Hakeem and Ben Wallace out there, it wouldn't matter.

Nobody said he needed to stop Jokic. Youre just making things up and saying I have a "limited understanding."

He wasn't even doing anything to slow him down or make it difficult. Sorry I expect more from the reigning DPOY. :lol:

Crazy concept I know.

No question it wasn't a good look or good defensive game for Gobert.

What am I making up though? I was responding to you saying "what good is he lol"
"Being in my home. I was watching pokemon for 5 hours."

Co-hosting with Harry Garris at The Underhand Freethrow Podcast
thinktank
Analyst

Post#8031 » by thinktank » Wed May 15, 2024 12:33 pm

Jaqua92 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
SFour wrote:

Lol tf you guys are talking about. They barely beat the Lakers. They are just in a groove right now. Both times we played, the games went to the last minute, with Tatum shooting poorly. I admit, the Nuggets would be favored, and would be hard to beat, but we just need to shoot lights out for 4 games. Its not like the nuggets are that great defensively.

The nuggets are a top 10 defensive team. And when they barely beat LA this season in the playoffs, they shot like 30% from three for the series and Murray was still injured.

The second game the Celtics played against them had Denver shooting like 20% from 3. The first game everyone in Denver shot like crap outside of Murray and Jokic. I remember, I was there.

I don't know if the Celtics don't stand a chance, but I think it's extremely likely that the Timberwolves failing to capitalize on their 2-0 series lead cost the Celtics the championship.

My opinion is the NBA wants Denver / Celtics.

They also want Denver / Minnesota to go 7.

Refs let Malone yell in their face, Murray throw things onto the court and not get suspended (money over player safety), and then called REALLY BS calls on Wolves in games 3 and 4.

It wasn’t just the Wolves failing you.
iggymcfrack
RealGM
And1: 8,145

Post#8032 » by iggymcfrack » Wed May 15, 2024 12:39 pm

thinktank wrote:
Jaqua92 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

Refs let Malone yell in their face, Murray throw things onto the court and not get suspended (money over player safety), and then called REALLY BS calls on Wolves in games 3 and 4.

LOL, stop. This is pathetic. Nuggets shot 35 FTs in Games 3 and 4. Wolves shot 52. Nuggets outscored them by 35 points. Denver could have literally not shot a single free throw between the 2 games and they still might have taken both of them.
Cubbies2120
Head Coach
And1: 8,750

Post#8033 » by Cubbies2120 » Wed May 15, 2024 1:03 pm

For those asking where eyeatoma was - he was on the Philly board complaining. He wouldn't dare show up on the thread on a historic night where Jokic continued to add to his legacy. :lol:

Whether it's Embiid being "unlucky", Embiid's games again Jokic in Philly (because he's always ducking Denver), and then having a discussion about how Embiid is a victim of racism.

eyeatoma wrote:Gb sucking off Jokic like he's got the last dick in the world. Would be nice for Joel to shut their mouths once and for all.

This is the greatest hijinx in NBA history. The dude is amazing but Embiid is better and schools him everytime.

What's worse is that that dodo Gobert is a multi dpoy winner while Embiid has destroyed him every time he's played.

What a terrible outcome for us these last 10 years.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

eyeatoma wrote:
brannigan73 wrote:Its a bad nite in mudville. Paging Shaq! All the ignorami that were all over Jokic and the Nuggets when the wolves were up 2-0 and crying about Jokic winning another MVP are retreating faster then France in world war 2. This is why Jokic is better then Embiid. He plays more within himself and is always available and healthy when it matters. He doesnt have the valleys that Embiid does. Embiid is an all time great he is also the second best center in the NBA.

Wrong, Embiid is just the unluckiest NBA player in the history of the game.

Jhawk03 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Jhawk03 wrote:
I hope I'm allowed to say this, but the truth of the matter is that you're right in part... mostly, I wish Joel grew up in the states. Without having to write an essay about it, he would react to the "Jokic hijinx" a whole lot differently if he grew up in America.

Interesting take, care to delve deeper on what you mean by that?

I have no problem with giving my thesis statement, there's an underlying racial motive that everyone and yet no one wants/likes/or feels convenient to address. If Joel grew up in the states, this racial motive would be a driving force for him... it would cause a chain reaction in his development, reasoning, adaptation, drive, motivation, etc considering his equal is freaking Nikola Jokic.

Like I said, I don't want to write about it, but Joel sorely missed growing up in the states.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,662

Post#8034 » by eyeatoma » Wed May 15, 2024 1:07 pm

Cubbies2120 wrote:For those asking where eyeatoma was - he was on the Philly board complaining. He wouldn't dare show up on the thread on a historic night where Jokic continued to add to his legacy. :lol:

Whether it's Embiid being "unlucky", Embiid's games again Jokic in Philly (because he's always ducking Denver), and then having a discussion about how Embiid is a victim of racism.

eyeatoma wrote:Gb sucking off Jokic like he's got the last dick in the world. Would be nice for Joel to shut their mouths once and for all.

This is the greatest hijinx in NBA history. The dude is amazing but Embiid is better and schools him everytime.

What's worse is that that dodo Gobert is a multi dpoy winner while Embiid has destroyed him every time he's played.

eyeatoma wrote:
brannigan73 wrote:Its a bad nite in mudville. Paging Shaq! All the ignorami that were all over Jokic and the Nuggets when the wolves were up 2-0 and crying about Jokic winning another MVP are retreating faster then France in world war 2. This is why Jokic is better then Embiid. He plays more within himself and is always available and healthy when it matters. He doesnt have the valleys that Embiid does. Embiid is an all time great he is also the second best center in the NBA.

Jhawk03 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Interesting take, care to delve deeper on what you mean by that?

I have no problem with giving my thesis statement, there's an underlying racial motive that everyone and yet no one wants/likes/or feels convenient to address. If Joel grew up in the states, this racial motive would be a driving force for him... it would cause a chain reaction in his development, reasoning, adaptation, drive, motivation, etc considering his equal is freaking Nikola Jokic.

Like I said, I don't want to write about it, but Joel sorely missed growing up in the states.

Least I don't make up data, post it on Reddit, only to be shooed away by every fanbase including r/NBA who hates Embiid.
Jaqua92
RealGM

Post#8035 » by Jaqua92 » Wed May 15, 2024 1:09 pm

thinktank wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:
thinktank wrote:

Regular season is irrelevant. Wolves looked like the better team than Denver in the regular season during all of their matchups.

Celtics are being disrespected. They were historically good, and if OKC, Mavs, OR Minnesota came out of the West, Celtics win handily. We've seen Minnesota struggle against a more competent defense now.

Boston has the #2 defense in the NBA. Minnesota will struggle. Boston has 4 different guys who they can throw at Ant.

Boston wins in 5, or 6. Stop disrespecting them just because they're Boston.

They lose to Denver in the finals in 6 though. Timberwolves blew the Celtic's chances this year.
Cubbies2120
Head Coach
And1: 8,750

Post#8036 » by Cubbies2120 » Wed May 15, 2024 1:10 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:For those asking where eyeatoma was - he was on the Philly board complaining. He wouldn't dare show up on the thread on a historic night where Jokic continued to add to his legacy. :lol:

eyeatoma wrote:

Jhawk03 wrote:

Least I don't make up data, post it on Reddit, only to be shooed away by every fanbase including r/NBA who hates Embiid.

Ooooh, you're big mad! Last night people were literally asking "where is eyeatoma"? You're a celebrity here! :lol:

Instead of being in awe of the greatest player post-LeBron you found a way to insult the General Board. Keep talking all about the bum slayer, Embiid. If he was serious about non-individual awards, he'd take games off against the sub-27 win teams (15/39 games played this year were against teams with less than 27 wins) and find a way to play against the difficult teams so that when he reaches the playoffs he'd be able to adjust instead of seeing his numbers plummet.
Jaqua92
RealGM

Post#8037 » by Jaqua92 » Wed May 15, 2024 1:15 pm

thinktank wrote:
Jaqua92 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

Jesus Christ. There's not some conspiracy against the Wolves here.

The media was extremely quick to annoint Ant would so clearly rather see them in the finals. Hell, even the Minnesota board was talking about this. But as soon as Denver turned it around, the narrative changed. Games 1-2, you guys were world beaters, no one in the league can hang unless the league interferes. Now, trailing, it's rigged against you?

Man, get real. Denver is a better team.
Jaqua92
RealGM

Post#8038 » by Jaqua92 » Wed May 15, 2024 1:16 pm

iggymcfrack wrote:
thinktank wrote:
Jaqua92 wrote:

LOL, stop. This is pathetic. Nuggets shot 35 FTs in Games 3 and 4. Wolves shot 52. Nuggets outscored them by 35 points. Denver could have literally not shot a single free throw between the 2 games and they still might have taken both of them.

Go read their games 1-5 game threads. I've never seen anything like it.
thinktank
Analyst

Post#8039 » by thinktank » Wed May 15, 2024 1:19 pm

iggymcfrack wrote:
thinktank wrote:
Jaqua92 wrote:

Fouls and FTs aren’t the same. Wolves starters sometimes end up on bench early. That’s the difference. It hasn’t happened to Denver but once. Gordon this game.

And how do you not have an in-game penalty for throwing things into the court and risking injury to players? That’s crazy.
bake51
Sophomore
And1: 120

Post#8040 » by bake51 » Wed May 15, 2024 1:23 pm

Like Ant said, gotta give Joker his flowers. Dude is an all time great and the Nuggs are just better than the Wolves.

Wolves have a very bright future but it doesn't look like this year will be their year.

I also want to give props to Malone. He made some adjustments that the Wolves haven't been able to counter.

Return to The General Board