Jokic is not the best in the world, and has been heavily overrated (NOW YOU CAN CHANGE VOTES)

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Has Jokic been overrated?

Yes
18%
No
82%

Total votes: 663

Chokic
Senior
And1: 670

Re: Jokic is not the best in the world, and has been heavily overrated 

Post#961 » by Chokic » Mon May 20, 2024 2:53 am

Joker era is finished. It's wembys league now.
sikma42
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,820

Post#962 » by sikma42 » Mon May 20, 2024 2:53 am

Denver was winning with a gimmick defense m. Once Ant figured it out, it was over.

Jokic letting put back dunks, providing no resistance on defense…it highlighted all his flaws.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
jokeboy86
General Manager
And1: 5,609

Post#963 » by jokeboy86 » Mon May 20, 2024 2:53 am

Papi_swav wrote:The NBA is extremely talented. Tim Duncan didn't win a chip every single year. Jokic is still great and will bounce back, this lost does not take away from his greatness. At least he has 1 ring, most NBA players and stars even can't say that.

Idk. Similar to my lack of confidence in the Bucks I wouldnt have that much confidence in the Nuggets FO to not waste their elite players prime. Like the Bucks did with Middleton, Denver has rolled the dice and wasted some of Jokic’s prime already by going with Murray who is inconsistent or injury prone. The Spurs knew how to build a roster from top to bottom
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,506

Post#964 » by brutalitops » Mon May 20, 2024 2:54 am

Jokic managed to carry Tobias Harris who can't defend but hit an open 3 to a title as the third star. Nobody else could do that. Still the best player in the league
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,301

Post#965 » by tsherkin » Mon May 20, 2024 2:54 am

eyeatoma wrote:
tsherkin wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Joker is mortal. Incredible player, but people crowning him the GOAT for 3 MVPs, and his stellar advanced stats need to eat some humble pie.

Of course you would say this, despite how he actually played and the way this game actually unfolded. Remarkable.

Let's put it this way, if it were Embiid, would you be defending him if he had the exact same stats?

If he'd played well throughout and the game was largely lost by his teammates, then yes.
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,038

Post#966 » by One_and_Done » Mon May 20, 2024 2:54 am

Papi_swav wrote:The NBA is extremely talented. Tim Duncan didn't win a chip every single year. Jokic is still great and will bounce back, this lost does not take away from his greatness. At least he has 1 ring, most NBA players and stars even can't say that.

Duncan met or exceeded expectations every year of his prime (from 98 to 07). Jokic has not. This was a big fail.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 15,207

Post#967 » by ForeverTFC » Mon May 20, 2024 2:55 am

sikma42 wrote:Denver was winning with a gimmick defense m. Once Ant figured it out, it was over.

Jokic letting put back dunks, providing no resistance on defense…it highlighted all his flaws.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Ant didn’t figure anything out. KAT dominated and won this game for Minny. Firmly above Embiid in the big man ranking now.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,711

Post#968 » by eyeatoma » Mon May 20, 2024 2:55 am

tsherkin wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
tsherkin wrote:
Of course you would say this, despite how he actually played and the way this game actually unfolded. Remarkable.

Let's put it this way, if it were Embiid, would you be defending him if he had the exact same stats?

If he'd played well throughout and the game was largely lost by his teammates, then yes.

He played well, but his poor shooting shows that he wasn't all there.

I'd say it's probably more a combination of his teammates than him for why they lost obviously, but the internet annointing someone the next GOAT with only 1 chip, and 3 MVPS, where 2 wee heavily contested was just gross.
MavsDirk41
Analyst
And1: 2,699

Post#969 » by MavsDirk41 » Mon May 20, 2024 2:55 am

eyeatoma wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Joker is mortal. Incredible player, but people crowning him the GOAT for 3 MVPs, and his stellar advanced stats need to eat some humble pie.

The Wolves likely would have won last year as well if McDaniels wasn't hurt.

Bro I feel like this is a bigger moment for you than if Bid won a title lol

Not really, just will be glad to see all these threads about him being the GOAT finally die. You can't lost a game 7 up 20, and have that on your resume.

I'm just excited that the Sixers have some assetts this summer to put an actual team around Embiid. Nuggets will need to decide what to do with Murray/MPJ because theyr'e in trouble.

Who said Jokic is the “goat” lol? Best player in the league? Yea! But nobody was seriously saying he is the greatest.
Infinite Llamas
General Manager
And1: 21,788

Post#970 » by Infinite Llamas » Mon May 20, 2024 2:56 am

Pharmcat wrote:
bovice wrote:jokic is great, stop being stupid. shaq didnt win every year even if he had a healthy kobe and dwade. duncan didn't win every year even when he had a healthy ginobili and parker. if u can't watch the game and realize how skilled of a player jokic is, u need to stop having opinions and study more.
bruh Shaq went back to back to back. Jokic can’t even sniff anywhere close to that because he’s too busy putting up empty calorie stats

Jokic won with Jamal Murray.

This might be a crazy take but I’m sure he could win with Kobe too.
Gerald Green Loves LLamas!
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#971 » by eyeatoma » Mon May 20, 2024 2:56 am

MavsDirk41 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Not really, just will be glad to see all these threads about him being the GOAT finally die. You can't lost a game 7 up 20, and have that on your resume.

I'm just excited that the Sixers have some assetts this summer to put an actual team around Embiid. Nuggets will need to decide what to do with Murray/MPJ because theyr'e in trouble.

Who said Jokic is the “goat” lol? Best player in the league? Yea! But nobody was seriously saying he is the greatest.

There is a thread that says he;s the best since MJ and on goat trajectory.
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,078

Post#972 » by Pharmcat » Mon May 20, 2024 2:58 am

Infinite Llamas wrote:
Pharmcat wrote:
bovice wrote:jokic is great, stop being stupid. shaq didnt win every year even if he had a healthy kobe and dwade. duncan didn't win every year even when he had a healthy ginobili and parker. if u can't watch the game and realize how skilled of a player jokic is, u need to stop having opinions and study more.
bruh Shaq went back to back to back. Jokic can’t even sniff anywhere close to that because he’s too busy putting up empty calorie stats

But real gm told me the other day jokic and Murray was the modern day Shaq Kobe combo :roll:
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,078

Post#973 » by Pharmcat » Mon May 20, 2024 2:59 am

MavsDirk41 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

He’s not the best player in the league. Naz reid stole
His lunch money today .
Infinite Llamas
General Manager
And1: 21,788

Post#974 » by Infinite Llamas » Mon May 20, 2024 3:00 am

Pharmcat wrote:
Infinite Llamas wrote:
Pharmcat wrote:bruh Shaq went back to back to back. Jokic can’t even sniff anywhere close to that because he’s too busy putting up empty calorie stats

But real gm told me the other day jokic and Murray was the modern day Shaq Kobe combo :roll:

Whoever told you that had some major Murray stock to sell. Don’t believe everything you read.
Gerald Green Loves LLamas!
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,461

Post#975 » by Papi_swav » Mon May 20, 2024 3:03 am

One_and_Done wrote:

Duncan met or exceeded expectations every year of his prime (from 98 to 07). Jokic has not. This was a big fail.

dude has 3 MVPs !!! how has he not met expectations ?!!!!!! Duncan didn't make it to the WCF every single year lol what are you even saying ?!
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,461

Post#976 » by Papi_swav » Mon May 20, 2024 3:04 am

jokeboy86 wrote:

Idk. Similar to my lack of confidence in the Bucks I wouldnt have that much confidence in the Nuggets FO to not waste their elite players prime. Like the Bucks did with Middleton, Denver has rolled the dice and wasted some of Jokic’s prime already by going with Murray who is inconsistent or injury prone. The Spurs knew how to build a roster from top to bottom

i mean idk if the Spurs thought Tony Parker and Ginobili were going to be HOFs when they selected them late in their draft rounds.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,301

Post#977 » by tsherkin » Mon May 20, 2024 3:07 am

eyeatoma wrote:He played well, but his poor shooting shows that he wasn't all there.

Partial picture. He was 11/18 inside the arc, 6/7 at the line, and had 19 rebounds (6 of them on the offensive glass). AND he was defending well.

I'd say it's probably more a combination of his teammates than him for why they lost obviously, but the internet annointing someone the next GOAT with only 1 chip, and 3 MVPS, where 2 wee heavily contested was just gross.

No it wasn't, you're just bitter that Embiid has a lot of haters due to his availability issues.
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,303

Post#978 » by MrBigShot » Mon May 20, 2024 3:08 am

Can't win every season. They will be back next year.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,127

Post#979 » by ChipotleWest » Mon May 20, 2024 3:11 am

He's great, it's just the talk of putting him up there along with MJ is dumb. He's probably on pace to be in the top 10 all time discussion though.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#980 » by eyeatoma » Mon May 20, 2024 3:28 am

tsherkin wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:He played well, but his poor shooting shows that he wasn't all there.

Partial picture. He was 11/18 inside the arc, 6/7 at the line, and had 19 rebounds (6 of them on the offensive glass). AND he was defending well.

No it wasn't, you're just bitter that Embiid has a lot of haters due to his availability issues.

I can be bitter about that, and it can still be true that he is not on a goat trajectory. Have the discussion when he has about 4 Chips, not one.

Return to The General Board