Pat Riley looking to deal Beasley

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Durant
Junior
And1: 8

Re: Pat Riley looking to deal Beasley 

Post#61 » by Durant » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:51 pm

Should have traded him for Amare when they had the chance.
dookieguy
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#62 » by dookieguy » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:58 pm

Beasley's problems are all mental.

He has the tools, I dunno why he doesn't develop them. Could be the Heat organization, could be Beasley, probably both though.

He's a 21yo PF putting up 15/6 at a very inconsistent pace while not playing to his strengths.

One time he looks like a superstar, the other he looks like pure hot bust trash.

In the end, he either puts up inconsistent numbers like this throughout his season, or say **** this, start working on his game more (watch some Jamison tapes) and become star.

His path is either JR Smith or Melo.
Lakeshow2417
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#63 » by Lakeshow2417 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:51 pm

Im not sure who all has contracts remaining ( i think its 3 players only right?) but If you can sign them for a bargain price then keep haslem, Anthony and Beasley and maybe chalmers if you can get him dirt cheap.

Bottom line is that just one FA signing alsong side wade will e good enough to secure a top 3 seed in the east. your gonna need 2 great signings
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#64 » by basketball royalty » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:13 pm

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:
Dr Mufasa wrote:He's just not very good and the kicker is Haslem is an ideal backup PF if they want to contend the next 2-3 years. Doesn't surprise me at all they're shopping him. When you have a Wade/Amare or Wade/Bosh core you don't want to develop projects, you want to win. If they can improve their team the next year or two they should do it at any means. Boston showed the necessity of going for it right away instead of planning on Year 2/Year 3

I think if Miami's given the choice of trading Beasley/Jones/Cook or Toronto's 1st straight up in a Bosh/Amare S&T, they'd heavily consider the former as it'd free up 9 mil in capspace. If Miami's a win now team IMO 9 mil on the market is easily worth more than Beasley's production and then they could also trade that 1st

Dr. Mufasa, I just made a detailed breakdown of Beasley's season on the Heat board, you might want to check it out, especially since he is a possibility to wind up with Toronto in a sign and trade.

To summarize, he showed a lot of improvement up until about the All-Star Break, then fell off a cliff with his production and never recovered (I believe it was mental), and imo still shows signs that his future could be at the small forward position.

The question I was going to ask about Beasley is if he could play the SF spot. IMO he is too small and defensively challenged to handle the starting 4 spot. If he could cover the SF spot adequately I would much rather have myself a big, strong 3 than a tweener 4. It makes perfect sense to me that if he could play that position then that is the best one for him.

As a Raptors fan I would be totally against getting him back for Bosh and actually keeping him if it meant Beasley and Bargnani were our starting 4-5. Now, if Beasley can play the 3 and we bench Hedo and play Amir Johnson with Bargs I am much happier with our lineup.
props to Turbozone for the sig
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,135

Post#65 » by heatwillbeback » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:23 pm

I still like Memphis as trade partners

Gasol and Conley for Beasley evens out both rosters imo

Beasley is good. He is only 21 and could score. Heat are not giving him up for nothing. I still think he is a future 22 and 8 player in the NBA. Heat imo have soured his development with the short leash he is on
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,466

Post#66 » by Blame Rasho » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:21 pm

heatwillbeback wrote:I still like Memphis as trade partners

Beasley is good. He is only 21 and could score. Heat are not giving him up for nothing. I still think he is a future 22 and 8 player in the NBA. Heat imo have soured his development with the short leash he is on

That is a horrible trade for the Grizz....
heatwillbeback
RealGM

Post#67 » by heatwillbeback » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:25 pm

Blame Rasho wrote:

It may be.....Grizz would need to trust Thabeet

honestly though, I think Beasley is going to be a star in an open system. For the Heat, I wouldnt give him away without getting talent back

Conley has disappointed, but is still a solid starter at pg and Gasol is a solid starter. 2 solid starters for a potential all star is the way I see the trade
heatwillbeback
RealGM

Post#68 » by heatwillbeback » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:27 pm

if Grizz trust Thabeet they would have

Mayo
Brewer
Gay
Beasley
Thabeet

to me, its a solid mix of offense (Mayo and Beasley) and defense (Brewer and Thabeet). It evens them out a bit
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,466

Post#69 » by Blame Rasho » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:28 pm

heatwillbeback wrote:
Blame Rasho wrote:

It may be.....Grizz would need to trust Thabeet

honestly though, I think Beasley is going to be a star in an open system. For the Heat, I wouldnt give him away without getting talent back

Conley has disappointed, but is still a solid starter at pg and Gasol is a solid starter. 2 solid starters for a potential all star is the way I see the trade

You can see it however you want... it is still a horrible trade no matter how much you try and sugarcoat it.
Charsace
Pro Prospect
And1: 45

Post#70 » by Charsace » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:11 pm

I really think Riley wanted Rose or Mayo. Rose was gone and I assume that most of the guys that had any say on draft day wanted Beasley.
Mr Excitement
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#71 » by Mr Excitement » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:15 pm

defjux21 wrote:
MSGBallerz wrote:Bust

That's what Riley deserves for tanking.

Bulls also didn't deserve that BS #1 pick. Other weaker teams deserved it during that draft year.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,093

Post#72 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:20 pm

basketball royalty wrote:
The question I was going to ask about Beasley is if he could play the SF spot. IMO he is too small and defensively challenged to handle the starting 4 spot. If he could cover the SF spot adequately I would much rather have myself a big, strong 3 than a tweener 4. It makes perfect sense to me that if he could play that position then that is the best one for him.

As a Raptors fan I would be totally against getting him back for Bosh and actually keeping him if it meant Beasley and Bargnani were our starting 4-5. Now, if Beasley can play the 3 and we bench Hedo and play Amir Johnson with Bargs I am much happier with our lineup.

I think Beasley still has to prove he can consistently defend at that position (he'll never be a great defender at that spot), but I think its where he's going to end up as an NBA player. He plays like Carmelo on offense, but with even less post-ups, and he is just not a good consistent rebounder.

If I am Toronto, I definitely play Beasley at the 3, at the very least he'd give you better production than Hedo did this season.
Charsace
Pro Prospect
And1: 45

Post#73 » by Charsace » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:21 pm

lol What. You mean Beasley and Miami's picks and their first in 2011 for Gasol.
Chosen01
RealGM
And1: 534

Post#74 » by Chosen01 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:29 pm

^^ and Conley? So Beasley 1st round pick, 2011 first for Conley and Gasol.. they'd prolly do that. Its a shame we don't have Raptors pick as well.
Lockdown
RealGM
And1: 1,499

Post#75 » by Lockdown » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:47 pm

B-easy wrote:We should only compare Beasley to guys like derrick and Durant once he is the main guy on a team. His growth has been halted by Spo and Wade. If he was in Chicago i could see quite easily him being better than rose. Miami doesn't allow him to play through mistakes like Chicago did with rose. All this "bust" talk is nonsense, whoever says Beasley is a bust doesn't watch many Miami heat games, also Beasley seems to get very few touches even when he is hot, eg 4th quarter in game 3 against Boston.

Man, it's always the same with these underachieving young guys, whether it's Tyrus Thomas, Bargnani or Tito Beasley. Fans come out of the woodwork saying how unfair it is that the coach doesn't give them the ball constantly or pulls them for all the mistakes they make. It's never "hey, coach has to pull this guy all the time because he's costing them the game" or "he doesn't get the offence run through him when he makes a couple of shots in a quarter because he hasn't proven he's good enough to take shots away from more established players."

Newsflash: games are not glorified practices for young players. You earn it in practice, you earn it on the court, or you're just not as good as advertised. End of story.
TAI8
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#76 » by TAI8 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:58 pm

Lockdown wrote:
B-easy wrote:We should only compare Beasley to guys like derrick and Durant once he is the main guy on a team. His growth has been halted by Spo and Wade. If he was in Chicago i could see quite easily him being better than rose. Miami doesn't allow him to play through mistakes like Chicago did with rose. All this "bust" talk is nonsense, whoever says Beasley is a bust doesn't watch many Miami heat games, also Beasley seems to get very few touches even when he is hot, eg 4th quarter in game 3 against Boston.

Man, it's always the same with these underachieving young guys, whether it's Tyrus Thomas, Bargnani or Tito Beasley. Fans come out of the woodwork saying how unfair it is that the coach doesn't give them the ball constantly or pulls them for all the mistakes they make. It's never "hey, coach has to pull this guy all the time because he's costing them the game" or "he doesn't get the offence run through him when he makes a couple of shots in a quarter because he hasn't proven he's good enough to take shots away from more established players."

Newsflash: games are not glorified practices for young players. You earn it in practice, you earn it on the court, or you're just not as good as advertised. End of story.

You must have thought Devin Harris would've been an All-Star back in his Dallas days, right? /sarcasm
Lockdown
RealGM
And1: 1,499

Post#77 » by Lockdown » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:21 pm

wone wrote:You must have thought Devin Harris would've been an All-Star back in his Dallas days, right? /sarcasm

You must have though Devin Harris has been anything more than a one season wonder on a bad team.
Nupe_1911
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#78 » by Nupe_1911 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:16 am

Lockdown wrote:

This is true, however, Beasley is pulled from games when he is playing extremely well. I am all for benching players that play poorly but Beasley is benched even when he is outplaying the players coming in for him. That is the problem.

Return to The General Board