Free Agency Prediction

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

darbstar
Junior
And1: 51

Free Agency Prediction 

Post#1 » by darbstar » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:01 am

Predict the outcome of this years free Agency!

Here is my prediction:

Lebron - stays with Cavs
Wade - stays with heat
Bosh - signs with bulls
Amare - signs with heat
Johnson - signs with knicks or stays with hawks
Gay - signs with knicks
Lee - stays with knicks or signs with nets

I predict Warriors to win 1st pick!
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Re: Free Agency Prediction 

Post#2 » by That Nicka » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:05 am

Lee signs with the Thunder
Bosh signs with the Heat

LeBron stays
Wade stays
Boozer stays

thats all I got for now
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,663

Post#3 » by Coxy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:14 am

Lebron to Knicks
Lee resigns with Knicks
Joe Johnson to the Knicks
Bosh signs with the Knicks
Amare signs with the Knicks
Boozer signs with the Lakers
Gay signs with the Lakers
Wade signs with Golden State
Devean Goerge to sign with a team in the Korean 3rd division.
Luke Ridnour signs with Atlanta
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,311

Post#4 » by DirtyDez » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:15 am

I think Lebron staying depends on what Cleveland does at the center position. If Lebron wants multiple titles Shaq and Z aren't the answer. If they can package Hickson(Don't get mad), Boobie and possibly a pick for a legit center under 30 then i think he stays.

Wade stays
Bosh to MIA
Boozer to Chicago
JJ to NY
Lee to NJ
Starting to think Amare stays... IMO.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
rumdiary
Starter
And1: 775

Post#5 » by rumdiary » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:31 am

Wade stays in Miami, Amare Stoudemire joins him.
- (based on the fact that Pat Riley doesn't want a guy like Boozer who only explodes in contract years, Wade saying he wants to stay in Miami as opposed to all the other FAs who don't.)

Lebron picks up his player option to stay another season with the Cavs before moving to the Knicks next year once all those veteran pieces around him start producing less and less and the economy has recovered enough to offer him a much larger contract. Also the Knicks don't have any sufficient talent to surround Lebron with yet, so why would he want to go there and languish for a season in the prime of his career?

Joe Johnson to the Knicks. Maybe Boozer.
- (New York will pick up Lebron next Off Season but can't lure the elite without some other players to place around them)

Chris Bosh to Chicago.
- (but it wont particularly work out that well, despite a tandem of Bosh and Rose seemingly being a good idea, because of the rather fractuous situation that exists between the upper-staffing levels in Chicago)
Puertorique
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#6 » by Puertorique » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:34 am

T-Mac to the Lakers as a sixth man/PG role.

I also expect the Mavs to be a surprising player in this years free agency. I can see the Mavs landing one or two players this season that can turn a few heads. Anything from Nick Collison, JJ and Big Al to Bosh and JJ. I'm not a Mavs fan either, but if they get put out in the first round I can see them having the players to move to make a few deals happen.

NY will get one of the big names and make a move for Chandler who expires after next season and make a run for Melo.

NJ if they dont get a top two pick will start making calls and seeing the best S&T package. I'm guessing either Toronto or PHX take them up and a S&t is worked out sending Bosh or Amare to NJ for a pick outside of the top 2, if they land in the top 2 John Wall or Evan Turner will be on the team.
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#7 » by boogydown » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:06 am

I would go with all these players opting out and looking at all options this offseason.

Lebron - Resigns
Wade - Resigns
Gay - Resigns
Dirk - Resigns
Ming - Resigns

Bosh/Amare/Boozer - Sign with Chicago, Miami, OKC
Lee/Joe Johnson - Max offer to New York or New Jersey
boogydown
Banned User

Post#8 » by boogydown » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:07 am

Puertorique wrote:I also expect the Mavs to be a surprising player in this years free agency. I can see the Mavs landing one or two players this season that can turn a few heads. Anything from Nick Collison, JJ and Big Al to Bosh and JJ. I'm not a Mavs fan either, but if they get put out in the first round I can see them having the players to move to make a few deals happen.

So basically Dallas is going to S&T for Bosh because they can't sign him outright. You also mentioned JJ twice so who is the other JJ?
Puertorique
Banned User

Post#9 » by Puertorique » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:11 am

boogydown wrote:
Puertorique wrote:I also expect the Mavs to be a surprising player in this years free agency. I can see the Mavs landing one or two players this season that can turn a few heads. Anything from Nick Collison, JJ and Big Al to Bosh and JJ. I'm not a Mavs fan either, but if they get put out in the first round I can see them having the players to move to make a few deals happen.

So basically Dallas is going to S&T for Bosh because they can't sign him outright. You also mentioned JJ twice so who is the other JJ?

Dallas can't offer Bosh a full max, that can only be done by S&T. If you noticed I added the "to" in there being meaning from one scenario to another, for example if they can get let's say Collison, JJ and Big Al they should try to make moves for JJ and Bosh. They have the money and talent to make it happen.
Puertorique
Banned User

Post#10 » by Puertorique » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:14 am

boogydown wrote:

Plus if they can work a S&T they can work with the line up. From Dirk being the 3 to Bosh being a 5 at times. They will do what they can to work the budget and bring back Haywood. If they can land any combination of the players mentioned, that would be a sick lineup. even if they have to sacrifice some players.
boogydown
Banned User

Post#11 » by boogydown » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:04 am

Puertorique wrote:
boogydown wrote:

Plus if they can work a S&T they can work with the line up. From Dirk being the 3 to Bosh being a 5 at times. They will do what they can to work the budget and bring back Haywood. If they can land any combination of the players mentioned, that would be a sick lineup. even if they have to sacrifice some players.

Bosh/Dirk are not a good combo. Playing Dirk outside of the 4 will exploit him just like Bosh playing the 5. They still don't have any inside scoring. Amare/Dirk, Boozer/Dirk, Lee/Dirk all make more sense but the problem isn't at PF for them.

Return to The General Board