Deron William to the Lakers?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Unsung
Banned User
And1: 0

Deron William to the Lakers? 

Post#1 » by Unsung » Mon May 3, 2010 8:44 am

You guys can bring this thread up in a few years when Deron become a Lakers. My gut instinct tell me so. We are long due for a good quality pg.

Thoughts?
ahonui06
Banned User
And1: 15

Re: Deron William to the Lakers? 

Post#2 » by ahonui06 » Mon May 3, 2010 8:46 am

Unsung wrote:You guys can bring this thread up in a few years when Deron become a Lakers. My gut instinct tell me so. We are long due for a good quality pg.

Thoughts?

Lakers should draft a quality pg.
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#3 » by Mamba Venom » Mon May 3, 2010 9:02 am

I cant believe we turned down Ammo (5.5) + Sasha (5.5) for Hinrich (9.5)

We would have saved a little $ this year and its like after you spend so much $, just spend a little more and get it all.

Its like buying a Ferarri and not wanting to pay for an alarm. You spend 100k but you wont spend $1,000 more to protect your investment?!? It just made no sense to me. I think we were scared off by his injury. Can you imagine if we had 3 guys in the wings that can lock it down on defense?

We need a PG this off season BUT Deron should retire w/ the Jazz in the tradition of Stockton!
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
doozyj
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,842

Post#4 » by doozyj » Mon May 3, 2010 9:10 am

Mamba Venom wrote:I cant believe we turned down Ammo (5.5) + Sasha (5.5) for Hinrich (9.5)

We would have saved a little $ this year and its like after you spend so much $, just spend a little more and get it all.

Its like buying a Ferarri and not wanting to pay for an alarm. You spend 100k but you wont spend $1,000 more to protect your investment?!? It just made no sense to me. I think we were scared off by his injury. Can you imagine if we had 3 guys in the wings that can lock it down on defense?

We need a PG this off season BUT Deron should retire w/ the Jazz in the tradition of Stockton!

And with the tradition of Stockton, he will retire ringless. :-?
EtchenBa
Starter
And1: 573

Post#5 » by EtchenBa » Mon May 3, 2010 9:11 am

Unsung wrote:You guys can bring this thread up in a few years when Deron become a Lakers. My gut instinct tell me so. We are long due for a good quality pg.

Thoughts?

Too bad it will be locked for stupidity.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,458

Post#6 » by Foye » Mon May 3, 2010 9:39 am

Thoughts?

Thoughts:

You spelled his last name wrong. :party:

Lakers won't win the championship this season. :party:

Deron will never be a Laker. :party:
Tom Baker
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#7 » by Tom Baker » Mon May 3, 2010 10:04 am

Yeah, sure. You can have Deron for Ammo.

While you're at it, why don't you trade Sasha for Bosh and Fish for LeBron. I'd suggest you trade Luke Walton for Dwight Howard, but the Magic will probably be stubborn (you know how they are) and demand a 2nd-rounder along with Walton... but that just wouldn't be fair for the Lakers.

Hmmnnn.... Still, a starting line-up of:

PG - Deron
SG - Kobe
SF - LeBron
PF - Bosh
C - Howard

with a bench of:

SF - Artest
PF - Gasol
C - Bynum

would be pretty nice. Maybe giving up that 2nd-rounder would be okay. Then again, other than Shannon Brown, who'll play guard off the bench. Maybe you can trade Farmar for Wade; I hear he can play both guard spots. Hey! Maybe you can squeeze and 2nd-rounder out of the Heat too so that you can send it to the Magic for Dwight and keep you own 2nd-rounder. That's brilliant!

Right, so now the bench is:

G - Wade
SF - Artest
PF - Gasol
C - Bynum

That's a decent 9-man rotation. Meh! I'd rather keep Ammo.

Return to The General Board