Cavs falling apart?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

HootieRules
Veteran
And1: 82

Re: Cavs falling apart? 

Post#21 » by HootieRules » Wed May 12, 2010 2:38 pm

CoolD wrote:
jaypo wrote:
KayDee35 wrote:LeBron's acting strangely. Something's up and I seriously doubt it's just his elbow. It reminds of Kobe's games where he wouldn't shoot in the first half because he was upset with Phil.

I feel the exact same way. He even mentioned in an interview that he nothing was different than any other game in the series regarding how he played and how the Celtics played him. He just sucked goat azz. Plain and simple. When your 38 yr old center is putting the team on his back, the point guard that has been getting torched all series long is diving out of bounds to get loose balls, but you're looking at the ceiling and floor during timeouts when you have the ability to get to the rim EVERY TIME? Something is wrong. I think he has his mind on where he will be playing next year and not on the task in front of him.

:lol: :o :roll: :lol: You crazy, Shaq has been a huge slob, that slows the team down, can make a freethrow, his defense has sucked major balls.
All those freebies Shaq got last night, were because Bron was getting a ton of attention.
Boston is letting the fatso, get some points, but whenever, they force fatty to play, he throws a ugly hook shot, he is major sloppy in defense.
Shaq is a huge liability out there. Big Baby, gets his points because fatty can't play defense, Rondo gets in the teeth of the defense, because fatty is so slow and bad in defense.

Bron just got tired of trying to be superman every night.

Seriously, people are still taking Shaq seriously as a contributor? Has anyone seen a Phoenix Suns game in the last 2 years? He's the definition of a black hole. He's only there for Dwight Howard and Andrew Bynum but Mike Brown is too big of a moron to adjust his lineups from game to game and series to series.
jsmith
Senior
And1: 9

Post#22 » by jsmith » Wed May 12, 2010 2:40 pm

Sorry but there is no excuse anymore for Lebron..

He has Shaq who is the biggest matchup problem in the league, Jamison who is a legit 20ppg type of player.

Williams is a streaky point guard who can fill it up, and a top rookie in Hickson. Parker is one of the better spot up shooters in the league, big Z one of the tallest and steadiest centers. Varaejo is probably in the top 5 for hustle guys in the league. West is a spark off the bench.

There is no reason this team should be losing as bad as it is. The only weak spot I can really see is the coaching (I don't hold a high opinion of Brown), but it shouldn't make that much of a difference.
BossHoggin
General Manager
And1: 571

Post#23 » by BossHoggin » Wed May 12, 2010 2:41 pm

jsmith wrote:Sorry but there is no excuse anymore for Lebron..

He has Shaq who is the biggest matchup problem in the league, Jamison who is a legit 20ppg type of player.

Williams is a streaky point guard who can fill it up, and a top rookie in Hickson. Parker is one of the better spot up shooters in the league, big Z one of the tallest and steadiest centers. Varaejo is probably in the top 5 for hustle guys in the league. West is a spark off the bench.

There is no reason this team should be losing as bad as it is. The only weak spot I can really see is the coaching (I don't hold a high opinion of Brown), but it shouldn't make that much of a difference.

we are bashing the Cavs right now and your post is generally positive, please edit
Heat3Peat wrote:See this is why it's nice being a LeBron fan, no super hard allegiance to a team so there is no up and down emotions with me during a time like this.
HootieRules
Veteran

Post#24 » by HootieRules » Wed May 12, 2010 2:45 pm

BossHoggin wrote:No Mo Williams is terrible, Mike Brown is 10x worse, and LeBron sucks

LeBron hasn't exactly won anyone over with this series. But I can't wait until he gets into a system with a coach that likes to push the ball and plays to his strengths. I don't think people realize just how bad of a coach he has and how poorly and shortsighted they were in putting a team around him.
HootieRules
Veteran

Post#25 » by HootieRules » Wed May 12, 2010 2:52 pm

jsmith wrote:
He has Shaq who is the biggest matchup problem in the league

Oh boy
GameOver25
RealGM
And1: 5,716

Post#26 » by GameOver25 » Wed May 12, 2010 2:53 pm

Yup

St Knick
Bench Warmer
And1: 142

Post#27 » by St Knick » Wed May 12, 2010 3:24 pm

LeBron won't have a bad supporting cast problem once he gets to play with Bosh, Gallo & Company :)

I been saying this for over a year now, as have many of my Knick brethren, and now its almost come to fruition
KNICKS FAN FOR LIFE
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#28 » by LApwnd » Wed May 12, 2010 3:37 pm

cool007 wrote:
I think LeBron is hurting inside when he sees how talented Celtics are and how he doesn't have anybody else who can help him. He still hasn't had another 20ppg type of LEGIT scorer next to him that can take some pressure off of him. Or carry that cavs team for stretches when he is having a bad game or when teams are collapsing on him.

and yet we always hear bout Kobe can't win it without Shaq or Pau, I am a laker fan but not a Kobe fan but that is the kind of idiotic arguement that makes no sense, NO matter how good you are you ALWAYS need help, you cant win it by yourself simple as that. I'm not a James hater but this is the one argument that always comes up with kobe vs james stuff, well now you see James as good as he is can only do so much, NOBODY can win it by themselves.
mcfly1204
General Manager
And1: 1,840

Post#29 » by mcfly1204 » Wed May 12, 2010 3:38 pm

The Celtics most effective weapon is Mike Brown.
Well at least we're not Detroit!
eatyourchildren
Lead Assistant
And1: 11

Post#30 » by eatyourchildren » Wed May 12, 2010 3:42 pm

I guess you can always blame it on the coaching staff...
ugkfan2681" wrote: wrote: i dont take **** lightly im from the land of the trill home of the rockets RESPECT OK.
20MexicanosIn1Van
Veteran
And1: 318

Post#31 » by 20MexicanosIn1Van » Wed May 12, 2010 3:45 pm

Lebron has no excuse this year. Shaq averaged 18 and 8 on a playoff team just last year (I know the Suns have magicians as doctors but still). Jamison is a LEGIT 20ppg player. Mo Williams is an average point guard in this league. Delonte West is an excellent player to have off your bench.

Theory: maybe Lebron makes the roleplayers better (Parker, Hickson, Boobie) but does not make the other star players on his team better. This is why I have always thought that Lebron's style of play is not conducive to winning championships - because in the NBA you need a solid sidekick or two and Lebron does not effectively play with these type of players.
TommyTheCat
Head Coach
And1: 8

Post#32 » by TommyTheCat » Wed May 12, 2010 3:48 pm

anyone else miss the dancing on the sidelines?
mcfly1204
General Manager
And1: 1,840

Post#33 » by mcfly1204 » Wed May 12, 2010 3:48 pm

eatyourchildren wrote:I guess you can always blame it on the coaching staff...

When LeBron is jacking jumpers early in the shot clock, it is up to the coach to say something. The Cavs need a veteran coach that will run a traditional offense.
Well at least we're not Detroit!
KayDee35
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,613

Post#34 » by KayDee35 » Wed May 12, 2010 3:59 pm

CoolD wrote:Bron just got tired of trying to be superman every night.

I can buy that excuse during the regular season. But it's the playoffs now. Legit superstars don't take nights off during the playoffs, and certainly not during a close series. LeBron got to rest at the end of the regular season so he should be ready to go for the entire playoffs.

Theory: maybe Lebron makes the roleplayers better (Parker, Hickson, Boobie) but does not make the other star players on his team better. This is why I have always thought that Lebron's style of play is not conducive to winning championships - because in the NBA you need a solid sidekick or two and Lebron does not effectively play with these type of players.

The Cavs are losing because LeBron is not being LeBron. He's turned into a poor man's Iguodala.
Azull
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#35 » by Azull » Wed May 12, 2010 5:13 pm

KayDee35 wrote:The Cavs are losing because LeBron is not being LeBron. He's turned into a poor man's Iguodala.

I would say more like Vince Carter 2.0 but the point about superstars not taking nights off during the playoffs hit the nail on the head.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#36 » by LApwnd » Wed May 12, 2010 5:29 pm

Azull wrote:
KayDee35 wrote:The Cavs are losing because LeBron is not being LeBron. He's turned into a poor man's Iguodala.

I would say more like Vince Carter 2.0 but the point about superstars not taking nights off during the playoffs hit the nail on the head.

it happens, Kobe did in gm 7 against Pho.
J-Ville Smoke
Head Coach
And1: 296

Post#37 » by J-Ville Smoke » Wed May 12, 2010 5:35 pm

Azull wrote:

Except Vince has made his star teammates better all postseason.
Волков бояться — в лес не ходить.
USA
Banned User
And1: 455

Post#38 » by USA » Wed May 12, 2010 5:38 pm

Blame Mike Brown all you want but Lebron is the real coach of this team.

Return to The General Board