Can't Boston get some love

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Frank Dux
Head Coach
And1: 9,267

Re: Can't Boston get some love 

Post#21 » by Frank Dux » Sat May 15, 2010 11:23 pm

Laker fan here

i have to give a ton of props to the Celtics, i thought they were clearly done earlier in the year. but Rondo's emergence, and KG finally looking like a star again after all his injuries has really got this team going. their team play is a thing of beauty. i was in awe watching their defensive schemes against the Cavs.

i'm glad the Celtics are back, us Laker fans have been wanting revenge!
Hobo4President
Analyst
And1: 3,190

Post#22 » by Hobo4President » Sat May 15, 2010 11:33 pm

joe.linnen wrote:Laker fan here, I called this series from the start. It is nothing but complete disrespect of how everyone is on LeBron's jock and nothing was said about how well the celtics played. The Cavs never had a chance in this series, the Cavs are a great season team, but this is the post season. You have to be able to beat a team for times and the Cavs are the one out of the top contenders are the one with the most flaws. Having one player that runs your offence wont get you anywhere in the post season.

Lakers
Bryant/Gasol/Odom/Artest/Bynum/Fisher

Suns
Nash/Stoudemire/Richardson/Hill

Celtics
Rondo/Allen/Pierce/Garnett

Magic
Nelson/Carter/Pietrus/Lewis/Howard/Barnes

Spurs
Parker/Hill/Ginobili/Jefferson/Duncan

Cavs
James/Jamison/Williams

The guys bolded, have all been less effective then Shaq in the post-season, and you fail to mention him. The ones you can make an argument for being close to Shaq in production are Bynum or Grant Hill.
Jase
RealGM
And1: 158

Post#23 » by Jase » Sun May 16, 2010 12:29 am

Dirty Water wrote:
Aki wrote:now do that against a team that has more than 1 all star scoring option.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Mo Williams, Antwan Jamison, and Shaquille O'Neal have all made All-star games, right?

So did Ben Wallace, and he couldn't score whatsoever.

Weak argument.
"A winner listens. A loser just waits until it's their turn to talk."
Jase
RealGM
And1: 158

Post#24 » by Jase » Sun May 16, 2010 12:30 am

OP, I don't think you realize it, but it's possible that Boston has never had as many fans as they had Thursday night. No one is watering down the Celtics performance. Rondo was unbelievable. But LBJ was/is simply a better story.
"A winner listens. A loser just waits until it's their turn to talk."
Bucksfans1and2
Banned User
And1: 189

Post#25 » by Bucksfans1and2 » Sun May 16, 2010 12:38 am

Dirty Water wrote:
Aki wrote:now do that against a team that has more than 1 all star scoring option.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Mo Williams, Antwan Jamison, and Shaquille O'Neal have all made All-star games, right?

Shaq is not an all-star level player anymore and hasn't been for about five years.

Mo Williams is a bucket of ass, and an unreliable scorer who doesn't play defense. His All-Star appearence was as an injury substitution. It doesn't count.

Antwan Jamison is a combination of the other two, he's older and he was a volume scorer with average at best defense in his prime.

On the other hand major props to the C's. As much as I hate them, they kicked ass in that series.

Return to The General Board