Stephen A. Smith says LeBron and Bosh to join Wade in Miami

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Dat Pass
Assistant Coach
And1: 46

Re: Stephen A. Smith says LeBron and Bosh to join Wade in Miami 

Post#201 » by Dat Pass » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:08 pm

HootieRules wrote:If they win 65+ games every year and LeBron is the best player on that team, he's going to win mulitple MVPs. Period.

LeBron won 66 games with the Cavs. No one is going to be impressed if a team of 3 superstars wins 65 games. Especially since I dont see how LeBrons numbers would stay the same.
HootieRules
Veteran
And1: 82

Post#202 » by HootieRules » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:09 pm

Ball Boy wrote:
HootieRules wrote:Ok, so what matters more, rings or hypothetical votes?

Should've never brought up Gasol and Kobe, bad idea, bad comparison. My whole point was there was a lot of talk about how Kobe couldn't win it without good players PRIOR to when he won these last 2 rings (from everyone, media, former players, etc). Once he won the rings, a lot of that talk died down. Win the rings, everything else takes care of itself.

Uh, there is a HUUUGE difference between winning a ring with Gasol/Ariza and Odom.. And winning a ring with Wade and Bosh. HUUUUUUUUGE difference.

Again, Gasol was a 1 time All-Star that had never won a playoff game. Wade is arguably the 2nd best player in the game and Bosh is one of the best bigs in the game.

Obviously...
kyphi
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,613

Post#203 » by kyphi » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:09 pm

Ball Boy wrote:
HootieRules wrote:If they win 65+ games every year and LeBron is the best player on that team, he's going to win mulitple MVPs. Period.

LeBron won 66 games with the Cavs. No one is going to be impressed if a team of 3 superstars wins 65 games. Especially since I dont see how LeBrons numbers would stay the same.

If it's the best record in the league that year, I'll be impressed.
Dat Pass
Assistant Coach

Post#204 » by Dat Pass » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:11 pm

kyphi wrote:
Ball Boy wrote:

If it's the best record in the league that year, I'll be impressed.

How is it impressive that LeBron could lead a team of mega stars to the best record? He did it without any All-Stars in Cleveland in 2 straight years, how would it be impressive if he did it with Wade AND Bosh?
Vincent 666
Lead Assistant
And1: 44

Post#205 » by Vincent 666 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:13 pm

Plus what kind of numbers would Lebron put up with that team.

I say around 24 6 and 5.

That wouldnt be enough for MVPs.
kyphi
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,613

Post#206 » by kyphi » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:14 pm

Very impressive if multiple championships are how you measure impressive. But, I don't think it's going to happen.
HootieRules
Veteran

Post#207 » by HootieRules » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:15 pm

Vincent 666 wrote:Plus what kind of numbers would Lebron put up with that team.

I say around 24 6 and 5.

Why would his assist and rebounding numbers dip?
Rambo44
Junior
And1: 0

Post#208 » by Rambo44 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:16 pm

There's something about Chicago that makes no sense to me in terms of LeBron wanting to go there. Both LeBron and Rose make their impact with their point guard skills. LeBron is basically a point forward, a point guard in a forward's body (a big forward). I just don't see how they complement each other well at all. It's not exactly a match made in heaven. And if Noah is the second name mentioned, he's a solid big man, but nothing to get ecstatic over.

Then there's the fact Rose shoots about 26% from 3 point range. That's a HUGE difference between Rose and Mo Williams who shot 43 to 44% from 3 point range. When LeBron is dishing out to him for the open shot, it's just not going to happen. It will be frustrating and opposing teams will have an easier time caving in on LeBron to stop his inside game. I think this is an important factor people need to realize. I understand Chicago is a cool city with a great basketball history, but if it doesn't make sense then it doesn't make sense.

I'm a big fan of Rose and Noah, but it just doesn't make sense for LeBron.
Dat Pass
Assistant Coach

Post#209 » by Dat Pass » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:17 pm

HootieRules wrote:

I say around 24 6 and 5.

His rebounding numbers probably wouldnt.. But LeBron AND Wade wont average 7+ assists. It depends on which one of them dominates the ball more.
Harry_Seaward
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#210 » by Harry_Seaward » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:17 pm

Vincent 666 wrote:
HootieRules wrote:
Ok, so what matters more, rings or hypothetical votes?

Should've never brought up Gasol and Kobe, bad idea, bad comparison. My whole point was there was a lot of talk about how Kobe couldn't win it without good players PRIOR to when he won these last 2 rings (from everyone, media, former players, etc). Once he won the rings, a lot of that talk died down. Win the rings, everything else takes care of itself.

Of course from our prespective as fans, rings matter the most but that doesnt necessarily mean that players look at it the same way.

Id bet Lebron wants to rings AND get all the individual accolades and recognition that he feels he has coming...... in which case it would make more sense for him to sign with the Bulls than the Heat.

LeBron already has individual accolades..I'm sure he will garner more in the future. Only like what 10 other guys have ever won multiple MVPs in this league? That is STRONG company. He needs rings if he wants to truly jump up to the immortal level.

He has MVPs..his numbers will be there..he just needs the rings.
J-Ville Smoke
Head Coach
And1: 296

Post#211 » by J-Ville Smoke » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:21 pm

An Unbiased Fan wrote:
J-Ville Smoke wrote:I think Lebron's numbers would stay the same, as would Wade's and Bosh's. It's three players who would be doing 90% of the scoring. You would never sit all three at the same time, therefore 10+ minutes a game you'd see Wade/Bosh, 10+ you'd see Wade/Bron and 10+ you'd see Bron/Bosh.

They'd score 120 points a game. Probably 30+ a night on fast breaks.

Nope. All three have a high usage rate, and there will be a drop off in stats.

Wade - 34.9 USG%
Lebron - 33.5 USG%
Bosh - 28.7 USG%

Lebron averaged 30
Wade averaged 26
Bosh averaged 24

Thats about 80 points from those three. Considering Miami would basically round out that roster with role players/vets/etc (none of which will average 10ppg) Are we really assuming that that STACKED team will only average around 95 points? Because if all their stats drop off (all three become around 21-24ppg scorers) that means the scrub role players will have to account for about 40 ppg. I don't see that happening.
Волков бояться — в лес не ходить.
HootieRules
Veteran

Post#212 » by HootieRules » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:25 pm

Ball Boy wrote:
HootieRules wrote:

I say around 24 6 and 5.

His rebounding numbers probably wouldnt.. But LeBron AND Wade wont average 7+ assists. It depends on which one of them dominates the ball more.

I think their numbers may dip a little for the simple fact that their minutes go down. If anything, their per-minute numbers may take a little bit of a hike because they'll have an easier time scoring and they'll probably play more of an up-tempo game than any of them have played with their prior respective teams.
TommyTheCat
Head Coach
And1: 8

Post#213 » by TommyTheCat » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:26 pm

sas pipe dream isn't gonna happen. lebron to bulls and bosh to miami.................book it
CDM88
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#214 » by CDM88 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:27 pm

Rambo44 wrote:There's something about Chicago that makes no sense to me in terms of LeBron wanting to go there. Both LeBron and Rose make their impact with their point guard skills. LeBron is basically a point forward, a point guard in a forward's body (a big forward). I just don't see how they complement each other well at all. It's not exactly a match made in heaven. And if Noah is the second name mentioned, he's a solid big man, but nothing to get ecstatic over.

Then there's the fact Rose shoots about 26% from 3 point range. That's a HUGE difference between Rose and Mo Williams who shot 43 to 44% from 3 point range. When LeBron is dishing out to him for the open shot, it's just not going to happen. It will be frustrating and opposing teams will have an easier time caving in on LeBron to stop his inside game. I think this is an important factor people need to realize. I understand Chicago is a cool city with a great basketball history, but if it doesn't make sense then it doesn't make sense.

I'm a big fan of Rose and Noah, but it just doesn't make sense for LeBron.

agreed
Harry_Seaward
Banned User

Post#215 » by Harry_Seaward » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:30 pm

J-Ville Smoke wrote:
An Unbiased Fan wrote:
J-Ville Smoke wrote:I think Lebron's numbers would stay the same, as would Wade's and Bosh's. It's three players who would be doing 90% of the scoring. You would never sit all three at the same time, therefore 10+ minutes a game you'd see Wade/Bosh, 10+ you'd see Wade/Bron and 10+ you'd see Bron/Bosh.

They'd score 120 points a game. Probably 30+ a night on fast breaks.

Nope. All three have a high usage rate, and there will be a drop off in stats.

Wade - 34.9 USG%
Lebron - 33.5 USG%
Bosh - 28.7 USG%

Lebron averaged 30
Wade averaged 26
Bosh averaged 24

Thats about 80 points from those three. Considering Miami would basically round out that roster with role players/vets/etc (none of which will average 10ppg) Are we really assuming that that STACKED team will only average around 95 points? Because if all their stats drop off (all three become around 21-24ppg scorers) that means the scrub role players will have to account for about 40 ppg. I don't see that happening.

On the Olympic squad...that also had Kobe, Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony, Deron Williams and Carlos Boozer both Wade and LeBron averaged 16PPG.

They managed to score that many points on HIGH efficiency..60+% from the floor by each of them while sharing the ball with all those players.

I think their scoring output will be near the same as it has been the last handful of seasons. So unbiased fan can throw usuage out the window...these guys can play great on and off the ball.
J-Ville Smoke
Head Coach
And1: 296

Post#216 » by J-Ville Smoke » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:32 pm

Great point, Harry.

The only way I see their numbers drop is if they only play about 28-30 minutes a game because they've blown the team out in three quarters.
Волков бояться — в лес не ходить.
jeffjtk1234
Starter
And1: 401

Post#217 » by jeffjtk1234 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:34 pm

can't believe there is 15 pages of this nonsense...

Stephen A. Smith has NO idea what Lebron is going to do. The guy just needs publicity. Same as Jalen Rose did. Its getting pretty annoying now with everyone AND their mother thinking they know where Lebron is going. Who cares anyway, the guy has never won a ring. Sure he is an amazing basketball player, but so was malone, barkley, ewing.

Why is this guy getting SO much publicity?!?!?!

I want to someday be like LeBron James and underachieve my way into a much better job
Vincent 666
Lead Assistant
And1: 44

Post#218 » by Vincent 666 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:34 pm

HootieRules wrote:

I say around 24 6 and 5.

Because Bosh is very good rebounder at 11 a game..........which means less for Lebron.

Assists would go down for the same reason his points would..........the ball will be in his hands less.
Harry_Seaward
Banned User

Post#219 » by Harry_Seaward » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:38 pm

jeffjtk1234 wrote:can't believe there is 15 pages of this nonsense...

Stephen A. Smith has NO idea what Lebron is going to do. The guy just needs publicity. Same as Jalen Rose did. Its getting pretty annoying now with everyone AND their mother thinking they know where Lebron is going. Who cares anyway, the guy has never won a ring. Sure he is an amazing basketball player, but so was malone, barkley, ewing.

Why is this guy getting SO much publicity?!?!?!

I want to someday be like LeBron James and underachieve my way into a much better job

Ok...we get it you're a hater. Better off not posting anything at all. If you think players that average 30-8-8, lead mediocrity to deep playoff runs and finals berths are routinely free agents year in and year out you haven't followed this league at all.

Don't act like the publicity is some absurd notion, it isn't.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,093

Post#220 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:39 pm

jeffjtk1234 wrote:

You're implying that you are an overachiever compared to LeBron James?

Heh.

Return to The General Board