Monta & Amare to NY?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

CB-Blazer
Head Coach
And1: 545

Re: Monta & Amare to NY? 

Post#81 » by CB-Blazer » Tue Jul 6, 2010 1:25 am

RunMCR wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:Really? Do you know that little about basketball? A player doesn't lose his 3point shot with his athleticism.

Not matter how you spin it, Monta isn't a better 3 point shooter than any of the players you listed.

Well I spun it using the stats from the only relevant season and he is. I'm not saying he's a better shooter than Kobe or Roy, but he has a good, reliable enough 3 point shot and that was the point I was trying to make.

How is it the only relevent season :roll:
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#82 » by lakerhater » Tue Jul 6, 2010 1:51 am

Monta needs to show consistency from 3pt range for a full season before anybody can say he's turned a corner in that department.
East Oakland
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#83 » by East Oakland » Tue Jul 6, 2010 1:58 am

CB-Blazer wrote:
East Oakland wrote:I don't consider last season to be Monta's best. It was his highest scoring season, but he was shooting bad percentages and shot too many threes. I liked him in 07-08 when all he did was take mid range shots and drives to the basket. I don't really count 09-10 since he was out the first half of the year. He really needs to improve his 3 point shooting if he wants to be able to play SG.

That was just talking about 3 point shooting only, his best season was 2007-2008 IMO.

And he started 64 games and averaged 41.4 MPG, it counts :roll:

Oh okay. Yeah I agree that 07-08 was his best year, too.

And yeah, I guess 08-09 technically counts. I meant to say that I don't really count it since he was coming off a bad injury and wasn't himself when he came back. 09-10 is somewhat like a comeback year for him, since he averaged 26ppg, but it's bittersweet since the team was plagued with injuries which took the fun out of the whole season. He's like the only 25+ ppg scorer in the league that gets hated on by his own team's fans; a lot of Warriors fans want to get rid of him, but I still have faith in him.
RunMCR
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#84 » by RunMCR » Tue Jul 6, 2010 2:08 am

lakerhater wrote:Monta needs to show consistency from 3pt range for a full season before anybody can say he's turned a corner in that department.

he did knock it down consistently from 3, but had a down year in mid range. Not sure if it was dumb shot selection or what.

Return to The General Board