YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Hobo4President
Analyst
And1: 3,190

Re: YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME 

Post#21 » by Hobo4President » Fri Jul 9, 2010 4:02 am

delonte wrote:i find it funny everyone was saying to cleveland fans "haha lebron is gunna leave in 2010!!!!" and happy about it... now that he actually does.. they absolutely hate him because he went to a good team.

Us Cav fans hate him because he left, a lot of other fans either hate that he joined a potentially very good team and that he completely destroyed an NBA franchise, backstabbing the people he loved on national television.
Heatmagic84
Bench Warmer
And1: 29

Post#22 » by Heatmagic84 » Fri Jul 9, 2010 4:02 am

I'm absolutely shocked with Lebron's decision.

People hated him because he was all about Lebron, his brand, and his legacy. But now that he's left to play with his friends and win games, people find a different reason to hate him.
"Fallen soldiers my homies lay in caskets
They couldn't survive the Heat just like the Mavericks"
mbucks22
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#23 » by mbucks22 » Fri Jul 9, 2010 4:03 am

I don't care that he's going to Miami, he can't do it by himself so "you can't beat 'em, join 'em" applies. Nothing wrong with his decision. Just how he went about it. Going on national TV and stomping on the hearts of an entire city was really bad.
TommyTheCat
Head Coach
And1: 8

Post#24 » by TommyTheCat » Fri Jul 9, 2010 4:15 am

Bucs80 wrote:I don't think his Legacy takes a hit at all...

Think about it

His point Production will ceratainly go down, But his all-around production will go up to near triple double numbers.

Plus he had the balls to join a team while putting his huge ego aside to win championships. back then, it would never happen for players to join a team of this magnitude because they have a huge ego and worried about their legacy.

Plus LeBron is the best player in basketball, and will be leading a 3 head monster. He'll keep on making all-star games, he'll keep on making all-nba teams, and will certainly be number 1 in MVP voting for the majority of years. And in the finals, he'll probably be the finals MVP.

Honestly, this move probably move him to GOAT status. Being unselfish, and going to a team to win championships, while still winning MVP"s and winning titles.

kobe's legacy took a hit with the whole 'he can't win without shaq thing'. you don't think lebron will be under the same kind of scrutiny?
Bucs80
Analyst

Post#25 » by Bucs80 » Fri Jul 9, 2010 4:21 am

TommyTheCat wrote:
Bucs80 wrote:I don't think his Legacy takes a hit at all...

Think about it

His point Production will ceratainly go down, But his all-around production will go up to near triple double numbers.

Plus he had the balls to join a team while putting his huge ego aside to win championships. back then, it would never happen for players to join a team of this magnitude because they have a huge ego and worried about their legacy.

Plus LeBron is the best player in basketball, and will be leading a 3 head monster. He'll keep on making all-star games, he'll keep on making all-nba teams, and will certainly be number 1 in MVP voting for the majority of years. And in the finals, he'll probably be the finals MVP.

Honestly, this move probably move him to GOAT status. Being unselfish, and going to a team to win championships, while still winning MVP"s and winning titles.

kobe's legacy took a hit with the whole 'he can't win without shaq thing'. you don't think lebron will be under the same kind of scrutiny?

Well since LeBron is the best player in the League, he won't get as much scrutiny. Sure he'll get "he can't win without Wade, or Bosh" sometimes. But the fact is, like shaq back in the early 00's. He was the most dominate player, and best in the NBA. I can't really see so much of that going into his legacy.
Big Lob
Pro Prospect
And1: 317

Post#26 » by Big Lob » Fri Jul 9, 2010 4:24 am

The only thing you can fault James for is vanity.
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,314

Post#27 » by JordansBulls » Fri Jul 9, 2010 4:26 am

Why would a guy who is the best in the NBA need to go to a team that already has an established top 3 player that already won a title as the man?
ecnirp
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#28 » by ecnirp » Fri Jul 9, 2010 4:27 am

People like the Ringless LeBron better.
Jimmy Recard
RealGM
And1: 5,387

Post#29 » by Jimmy Recard » Fri Jul 9, 2010 4:32 am

I agree...LeBron gave them 7 good years where he worked his ass off to make them a contender. And who's the best player management brought in during that 7 years..? Mo Williams!

Hey atleast LeBron didn't ever demand a trade during his time in Cleveland.
Bucs80
Analyst

Post#30 » by Bucs80 » Fri Jul 9, 2010 4:37 am

Mosca wrote:I agree...LeBron gave them 7 good years where he worked his ass off to make them a contender. And who's the best player management brought in during that 7 years..? Mo Williams!

Hey atleast LeBron didn't ever demand a trade during his time in Cleveland.

Honestly...

This guy has handled himself well in Cleveland....

He didn't demand them to do anything, he shut his mouth and played.

Hell, this guy didn't even critisize the team for it's lack of building a championship caliber team. he talked good will about them.
litex wrote:I'm pretty sure that, no matter what he does, Lebron will never have "tittles" like Shaquille O'Neal does, or for that matter, Chales Barkley.
TribeZulu
Sixth Man
And1: 134

Post#31 » by TribeZulu » Fri Jul 9, 2010 4:40 am

Morrison has won twice. What an amazing achievement.
If you can't beat em... at least grab their gonads

Return to The General Board