The Heat and Tampering

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

INKtastic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,967

Re: The Heat and Tampering 

Post#81 » by INKtastic » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:44 am

where is the evidence?

Bosh said just last night that they had been planning this for months - start there

Steven A Smith broke the story they were all going to the heat before July 1st when the free agency period started
ComeAtMeBro
Bench Warmer
And1: 377

Post#82 » by ComeAtMeBro » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:46 am

lj4mvp,

You're absolutely right about what you're saying. However, you need to remember one thing. You're innocent until proven guilty. There's zero evidence and just heresay that can convict these three players and the Heat organization.

With that said, you bet that this was pre-planned and initiated by Dwyane Wade, in which he obviously told Riley & Arison. Knowing such information, they would not DARE leak any information out or get themselves in position to be scrutinized and investigated by David Stern and league officials.

Though, I will agree with you. This was pre-planned, orchestrated, but at the same time it was beautifully executed by the Miami Heat. I credit the Heat for doing this with their lips shut and just sticking to their plan, and huge congratulations to acquiring 2 all-stars besides Dwyane Wade. I don't think there's a shred of evidence that can convict any of them in this act. Despite the evidence, it's just consipiracy, and I tend to believe it.
Irony
Step 1: Hate the Lakers
Step 2: Watch LeBron go to Miami
Step 3: Call Heat fans, "bandwagoners"
Step 4: Root for Lakers, Hate the Heat
Step 5: Refused to be classified as Laker "bandwagoner" since Heat formed.
ikidunot
Analyst
And1: 3

Re: Guys, we 

Post#83 » by ikidunot » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:46 am

Now if Derek Fisher joins the Heat, I'm convinced this is the devils work.
WiseOwlWins
Senior
And1: 170

Post#84 » by WiseOwlWins » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:47 am

anyone who says that they tanked or did this or had this set up has no brain. yea they all signed contracts to become FA in the same summer but it wasnt a "i cant wait to play with you in 2010 kind of thing"

at the end of the day riley is the genius seller behind all this. people were saying AHAHAHAH you guys wasted 2 years of wade's prime for nothing. But all the heat fans kept saying was in riley we trust. And he delivered. he went to wallmart and got the ps3 wii and xbox elite all on sale!

U MAD????????

u bet you are!
ComeAtMeBro
Bench Warmer

Post#85 » by ComeAtMeBro » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:48 am

lj4mvp wrote:where is the evidence?

Bosh said just last night that they had been planning this for months - start there

Steven A Smith broke the story they were all going to the heat before July 1st when the free agency period started

How are any of those recognized as "evidence"?

Find me emails, texts, and phone calls among the three with their line of communication easily accessible so we can see what they've talked about for the past 3 years.
Irony
ikidunot
Analyst

Post#86 » by ikidunot » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:48 am

Bosh said last night it was planned, So why are we debating it.
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,137

Post#87 » by heatwillbeback » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:49 am

Bosh said they had talked about teaming up- not with the Heat specifically per se. They could of talked about Bosh coming to Cleveland for all we know

and Stephen A learned they wanted to play together and would if the oppurtunity was there and preferable. Who would of thought that?

sorry you bought your season tickets with the expectation he was staying. That is rough, and I feel for the roller coaster he put Cleveland through. But player tampering? You cant control what friends say to one another about teams and options in the future. Way to difficult
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,060

Post#88 » by slick_watts » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:49 am

I think it's pretty obvious that this was planned for some time, and likely qualifies as tampering under the guidelines posted in Larry Coon's FAQ. The transparency these guys are operating under right now (Bosh's slip up, for example) is getting a lot of attention. I'd be upset if the NBA doesn't look deeper into this, even if it's not something that can be proven either way.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#89 » by Flash3 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:51 am

20MexicanosIn1Van wrote:Not to mention Lebron changing from #23 (retired in Miami) to #6.
That number is not retired. We have a jersey up for MJ and Dan Marino's #13. Yet, 2 players have worn them since.

Again, people are just reaching. Why didn't any of this come out before?
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
WiseOwlWins
Senior
And1: 170

Post#90 » by WiseOwlWins » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:51 am

Storm Surge wrote:
20MexicanosIn1Van wrote:Not to mention Lebron changing from #23 (retired in Miami) to #6.

didn't think about this until you mentioned it.

It was staged

Man I'm am really rooting for this team to fail now.

The question is though, is that why was Pat Riley in on it while another team (say Knicks) were not? Knicks could have used Gallo and Chandler to get rid of curry.

retired in chicago as well.

so by your logic if he went to chicago it was staged as well.

ENOUGH WITH THE U MAD STUFF! Next such attempt will get you a suspension.
the_warden
Sixth Man
And1: 13

Post#91 » by the_warden » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:52 am

you're going to go after SAS's sources?

child please
@RyanOutrich wrote:@chrisbosh seems just like yesterday u hatched ouuta ur shell and the ugliest dino of them all was born
ikidunot
Analyst

Post#92 » by ikidunot » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:52 am

I'm pretty sure Dan Gilbert knows something....
ComeAtMeBro
Bench Warmer

Post#93 » by ComeAtMeBro » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:55 am

If the glove don't fit, you must acquit.
Irony
Free Rider
Veteran
And1: 1,567

Post#94 » by Free Rider » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:56 am

The idea that the league would tag a team with tampering if it's players discuss free agency with other signed players is absurd. Players talk to each other all the time. Especially these days with texts, e-mails, twitter, etc.; these guys are constantly talking to one another. There's no way the league is going to hold a team accountable for a player that decides to privately recruit another player to his team. The team can't be held responsible for the private, individual, independent actions of its players. If Chris Paul tells Carmelo Anthony when they're working out in the offseason "I'd really like to play with you next year, you should come sign with the Hornets" that may technically be tampering but there's no way anybody would punish the Hornets for tampering.
ikidunot
Analyst

Post#95 » by ikidunot » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:56 am

ComeAtMeBro wrote:If the glove don't fit, you must acquit.

Even though there was no evidence for it, eveyone knows he was guilty and people still hate him to this very day.
Spicy P
RealGM
And1: 5,870

Post#96 » by Spicy P » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:56 am

Yep, Rupaul and Queen James' contracts should be voided.
UGA Hayes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,074

Post#97 » by UGA Hayes » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:58 am

Well I don't think you can stop players from talking to each other, but to me the issue is that Riley took an insanely high risk clearing all his capspace. If he did it knowing that they had already decided in my opinion that is the equivalent of insider trading and if ever happened should get the equivalent of the NBA death penalty.
shawngoat23
Lead Assistant
And1: 286

Post#98 » by shawngoat23 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:58 am

I don't think a couple of buddies "wanting to play together" constitutes tampering, unless there is something more concrete behind it. A specific team would be a great start, and specific plans to circumvent the CBA and/or ability to negotiate in good faith, as well as a connection to the front office of the team. I don't see this meeting it.
TrueRain
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#99 » by TrueRain » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:59 am

Wade came out and CLEARLY said he was gonna talk with these guys BEFORE July 1st about what they want to do...and Stern said "Let em have it". He's not gonna do anything.
Cosmic_Backlash
Junior
And1: 272

Post#100 » by Cosmic_Backlash » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:01 am

how do people not get this is tampering? The fact that if Wade ever mentions anything to anyone in the Heat organization about them wanting to play together is tampering. Let's be real. You really think Wade held a free agent summit, they all agreed to play together, and then didn't proceed to tell anyone in the Heat organization that he had Bosh and LeBron wanting to play for the Heat? I'm sorry, I'm calling bull.

Yes, we can't prove it, but every fan, including heat fans, should understand this is tampering. It doesn't matter if people think it's ok or not, it is what it is.

What Heat fans need to understand besides just going "you mad" is WHY this is bad for the league. I guarantee you that if other teams besides the Heat knew how this would have resolved, different free agents would have been pursued, some of them wouldn't have dumped all of their hopes and dreams into getting LeBron, Dwyane, Chris, or Amare. This summer shaped the structure of several teams, and only 2 are getting one of the "Big 4" and Amare, is just a very, very small part of the "Big 4". I feel inclined to include him because he is very good basketball player.

This is why it's bad for the league.

I fully expect a "you mad" in response to this :D because well, that's what Heat fans use to refute things these days, rather than putting together coherent sentences or making sense.

Return to The General Board