What is Tyreke Evan's potential?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Re: What is Tyreke Evan's potential? 

Post#21 » by SacKingZZZ » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:24 am

If Cousins develops into the player that he looks like he might become then Tyreke may not have to really jump too far up from where he is now, at least statistically speaking. However, if he develops a semi-reliable mid-range game, he's probably going to be close to unstoppable. He and Cousins might have to alter their games slightly to play together at full potential but I don't see any other PG's being able to handle his strength and size for that position.
MVP-3
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#22 » by MVP-3 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:51 am

very high ceiling. He will go far in the league no doubt.
EtchenBa
Starter
And1: 573

Post#23 » by EtchenBa » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:56 am

Rich man's Brandon Roy/ Poor man's Wade
RunMCR
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#24 » by RunMCR » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:13 am

EtchenBa wrote:Rich man's Brandon Roy/ Poor man's Wade

lolwut. Roy is an elite shooter with same/better skills as Evans. You think Evans will suddenly get a great jumpshot? (considering Roy was always a good jumpshooter)
sdeezy
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#25 » by sdeezy » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:17 am

I'll go a little old school..he's like a rich mans Michael Ray Richardson (without the coke issues)..big strong playmaking guard..layup maestro. He's gonna be great
xxRoyalexx
Rookie
And1: 128

Post#26 » by xxRoyalexx » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:23 am

If you're a rookie and you put up stats similar to LeBron James during his rookie campaign, you're pretty much guaranteed to become a star. Tyreke will be a star.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,713

Post#27 » by madvillian » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:27 am

He reminds me of a less athletic Wade, which is no slouch. His ball handling and strength allow him to get the rim rather easily and he uses what size and hops he does have well all over the court.

Could easily see him having a great career where he puts up 22/6/6 and makes a half dozen all-star times. And that would be a good but not peak scenario for him.

I think he's the young guard I'd take behind Rose (and it's close). I'm a Bulls fan FWIW.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,244

Post#28 » by Dan Z » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:36 am

Kings won't have to worry about that, we are actually trying to get young stars to put around the guy. The cavs began to compete too soon, and didn't have a legitimate 2nd star beside lebron. The kings landed cousins who can be a terrific force in the league and a legit star. By the time the kings are ready to compete for a championship we should have a ton of talent around Evans so he won't really have that desire to bolt.

Lebron had talent around him but most of it was over the hill or just high class role player guys.

One thing that hurt the Cavs was Boozer leaving. He would've been that second star.
A_wildstabatanything
Lead Assistant
And1: 51

Post#29 » by A_wildstabatanything » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:49 am

RunMCR wrote:
EtchenBa wrote:Rich man's Brandon Roy/ Poor man's Wade

lolwut. Roy is an elite shooter with same/better skills as Evans. You think Evans will suddenly get a great jumpshot? (considering Roy was always a good jumpshooter)

We'll see how Tyreke's shot develops. I'd point out that Brandon Roy was shooting 22% from the college 3 stripe at 20 y.o.
tribulations
Analyst
And1: 1,276

Post#30 » by tribulations » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:51 am

When comparing statistics from each player's rookie year re Evans vs Wade, why is his potential Wade Lite?

Eventhough stats don't tell the entire story, Evans' rookie numbers look far better at a glance.
raptorsfan1995
Junior

Post#31 » by raptorsfan1995 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:21 am

I am not sure why people are saying he will be poor man's Wade. He had a better rookie year than Wade. He is still young and has the potential to be as good as Wade
Legendary 33
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#32 » by Legendary 33 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:52 am

He'll be really, really good.
Lenear1030
Junior
And1: 41

Post#33 » by Lenear1030 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:22 pm

Legendary 33 wrote:He'll be really, really good.

This.

The ease of how he gets to the basket is just UNBELIEVABLE. Not to mention he's already shown the 'clutch' gene.
Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#34 » by Joel Embust » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:32 pm

raptorsfan1995 wrote:He had a better rookie year than Wade.

Dwyane Wade had Rafer Alston, Eddie Jones, Lamar Odom and Caron Butler on his team and they made it all the way to the Eastern Conference Semifinals.

***Update for the retards that are quoting me: I'm saying that Wade had VERY GOOD players around him in his rookie season and still put up 16/4/5 on a team that made it to the EC semifinals.
Conclusion
Sixth Man
And1: 8

Post#35 » by Conclusion » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:33 pm

He uses LeBron skills to get to the rim (brute strength and a little more quickness) in a Dwyane Wade SG body. He has Brandon Roy court vision and passing. I say a blend of LeBron, Wade, and Brandon Roy with a Roy personality, LeBron skillset, and Dwyane Wade physical attributes.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,561

Post#36 » by Fat Kat » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:39 pm

Wade. If he continues to work on his jumper and increase his range, the sky's the limit.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
raptorsfan1995
Junior

Post#37 » by raptorsfan1995 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:02 pm

Eleqtrique wrote:

Dwyane Wade had Rafer Alston, Eddie Jones, Lamar Odom and Caron Butler on his team and they made it all the way to the Eastern Conference Semifinals.

Yeah so, Lebron had a better season than Wade as well and he won the ROY without going to semi-finals...
Chosen01
RealGM
And1: 534

Post#38 » by Chosen01 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:18 pm

raptorsfan1995 wrote:
Eleqtrique wrote:

Yeah so, Lebron had a better season than Wade as well and he won the ROY without going to semi-finals...

What do you mean so..

Wade was arguably the 3rd option behind Caron and Lamar, and put 16 5 and 4 was a bit more efficient, better 3pt shooter(even both were horrible) a bit more bpg, while all playing 3 minutes less.

No doubt would Wade have put 20+ 5+ and 5+ playing 37mpg+ as the 1st option.

LeBron would have gotten ROY even if Wade got to the Finals :lol:

Too be a poormans Wade is still an incredible potential.I don't know if i can can call him a "poormans" Wade hes just less athletic and slower(although obviously still quick)
iBall101
Pro Prospect
And1: 271

Post#39 » by iBall101 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:23 pm

Tyreke will be a superstar no doubt.... if injuries dont bang on him the season//
:nod: Masai’s Raptors :nod:

PG: I. Quickley/ T. Horton-Tucker/ J. Freeman
SG: G. Trent Jr./ G. Dick/ B. Brown
SF: R. Barrett/ O. Agbaji / G. Temple
PF: S. Barnes/ T. Lyles/ J. Crowder
C: J. Poeltl/ K. Olynk/ J. Porter
raptorsfan1995
Junior

Post#40 » by raptorsfan1995 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:31 pm

Chosen01 wrote:He had a better rookie year than Wade.

Dwyane Wade had Rafer Alston, Eddie Jones, Lamar Odom and Caron Butler on his team and they made it all the way to the Eastern Conference Semifinals.[/quote]

Yeah so, Lebron had a better season than Wade as well and he won the ROY without going to semi-finals...[/quote]
What do you mean so..

Wade was arguably the 3rd option behind Caron and Lamar, and put 16 5 and 4 was a bit more efficient, better 3pt shooter(even both were horrible) a bit more bpg, while all playing 3 minutes less.

No doubt would Wade have put 20+ 5+ and 5+ playing 37mpg+ as the 1st option.

LeBron would have gotten ROY even if Wade got to the Finals :lol:

Too be a poormans Wade is still an incredible potential.I don't know if i can can call him a "poormans" Wade hes just less athletic and slower(although obviously still quick)[/quote]

All I am saying is, he has the potential to be good as Wade. Wade is great player but this kid is only 20 and had a great rookie season...the potential is very high, not a poor man's wade.

Return to The General Board