Can All-Time Bulls Beat the Lakers??

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

yCH
Junior
And1: 0

Re: Can All-Time Bulls Beat the Lakers?? 

Post#61 » by yCH » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:35 am

Bulls and it's not even close.

I mean, come on, it's MJ we are talking about here. The greatest basketball player in the history of the NBA and will go down as the greatest basketball player in the history of mankind. I mean, come on, anyone that thinks Lakers stands a chance doesn't know basketball whatsoever.

No other man can do what MJ can do. Give MJ a team of D-leaguers and I wouldn't be surprised that MJs team still comes up on top. Yes, his that good.
FANOFNBA
Analyst
And1: 32

Post#62 » by FANOFNBA » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:58 am

JordansBulls wrote:The thing that helps the Bulls here is there defense. Essentially the Bulls all time team is like the '88 Pistons vs the '88 Lakers. Lakers had much more talent but the Pistons defense kept them in the series.
The thing here is that bad officiating won't happen and a team won't get screwed out of winning like the Pistons did in '88 on a horrible call near the end of game 6.

88 pistons were a much better defensive team considering the opponents they went against. its not even close. and no the bulls team wont have a chance against that lakers roster
telekenisis24
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#63 » by telekenisis24 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:02 am

yCH wrote:Bulls and it's not even close.

I mean, come on, it's MJ we are talking about here. The greatest basketball player in the history of the NBA and will go down as the greatest basketball player in the history of mankind. I mean, comel on, anyone that thinks Lakers stands a chance doesn't know basketball whatsoever.

No other man can do what MJ can do. Give MJ a team of D-leaguers and I wouldn't be surprised that MJs team still comes up on top. Yes, his that good.
LMAO
Bro you can't be this delusional.. on second thought.. .maybe you can lol. N/m back to your world sry for the interruption.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,905

Post#64 » by Calvin Klein » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:07 am

voted Bulls just for the laughs. We're winning!
doctorfunk
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#65 » by doctorfunk » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:08 am

lol
Jordan scored 63 on Celtics and bulls stll lost I guess d-leaguers won't do good either :-?
FANOFNBA
Analyst
And1: 32

Post#66 » by FANOFNBA » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:19 am

doctorfunk wrote:lol
Jordan scored 63 on Celtics and bulls stll lost I guess d-leaguers won't do good either :-?

he did it against danny ainge though.
hourockman
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#67 » by hourockman » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:28 am

JordansBulls wrote:The thing that helps the Bulls here is there defense. Essentially the Bulls all time team is like the '88 Pistons vs the '88 Lakers. Lakers had much more talent but the Pistons defense kept them in the series.
The thing here is that bad officiating won't happen and a team won't get screwed out of winning like the Pistons did in '88 on a horrible call near the end of game 6.

Pff... Yeah, the Bulls and Jordan especially never benefited from shh calls. I don't think you'll find too many out of Chicago who'll protest their innocence along w/ you.
G35
RealGM
And1: 7,791

Post#68 » by G35 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:38 pm

JordansBulls wrote:If Greece knocked off the USA in 2006 a team that had Lebron, Wade, Dwight, Melo, etc and they had no NBA player, then it isn't far fetched to say the Bulls with star power can beat Lakers with star power.

We are comparing a defensive juggernaut Bulls team here to an offensive machine.

In order for the Bulls to win they would need to keep the game probably under 110 to win.

Bad analogy.

That was a one and done tournament when anything can happen.

FIBA rules vs NBA rules

The only way I can see the Bulls winning is if the Lakers chemistry was like in 2004......
I'm so tired of the typical......
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,798

Post#69 » by dougthonus » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:15 pm

I don't think the Bulls team submitted could beat the Lakers team, but they would have absolutely wiped the floor with the Celtics.

No one on that Celtics team would stand a chance in hell of defending Jordan or Pippen and every Bulls player could stick their man one on one without issue. Gilmore would also be free to roam against Russell who was a mediocre offensive player, while Russell wouldn't have the freedom to do that against Gilmore. The Bulls unit is easily, by far, the best defensive team in the tournament. I mean it's not even close as they have perhaps the two best perimeter defenders in the history of the league as well as great defenders at all three other positions.

Seriously, the best scorers on that Celtics team submitted are Bird and McHale who aren't nearly so good as Jordan and Pippen, and they would have vastly better defenders on them than Jordan/Pippen would. Look at the athletic difference between these two squads. The Bulls would simply run them off the court with their athletic and size advantage.

The All time lakers team, yeah, they'd probably beat the Bulls. Van Lier couldn't expose Magic defensively, and the only offensive matchup the Bulls win is Jordan over Kobe while they get hammered virtually everywhere else. Still, the Bulls would stand a chance because they'd have a much better team defense and would play with more physicality than the Lakers. Ultimately, it probably wouldn't be enough.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
See5
Junior
And1: 18

Post#70 » by See5 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:32 pm

The Lakers would demolish the Bulls. Are you really going to try to stop a front line of Jabbar, Chamberlain and Shaq? :lol:

Not to mention West, Kobe, and Magic out on the perimeter. To quote Kanye "you know that sh*t is, f*ckin ridiculous!"
giordunk
Analyst
And1: 493

Post#71 » by giordunk » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:41 pm

If you took the time to look at what people are voting off of, you will see that this 'All-Time' team only consists of a Starting 5. When you look at that, there's no more 'yea Lakers got Wilt and Kareem and Shaq.

I agree if it included a bench, it would be the Lakers hands down. But it's a lot closer if you are only counting the starting 5s.
i like peanuts
j-smooth
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Post#72 » by j-smooth » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:09 pm

THE RESULTS ARE IN......when it comes to one-week old ESPN Franchise 5 Poll....The L.A. Lakers.....you are NOT the FRANCHISE!!!!!

Image GIFSoup
Via iPhone (sorry if there are misspelled words or grammatical errors)
stacey_is_king
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#73 » by stacey_is_king » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:00 pm

j-smooth wrote:THE RESULTS ARE IN......when it comes to one-week old ESPN Franchise 5 Poll....The L.A. Lakers.....you are NOT the FRANCHISE!!!!!

Image GIFSoup

LOL they lost? :lol:

We clearly didn't have the better team, but hey...one of the perks of having the GOAT :wink:
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,320

Post#74 » by JordansBulls » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:26 pm

giordunk wrote:If you took the time to look at what people are voting off of, you will see that this 'All-Time' team only consists of a Starting 5. When you look at that, there's no more 'yea Lakers got Wilt and Kareem and Shaq.

I agree if it included a bench, it would be the Lakers hands down. But it's a lot closer if you are only counting the starting 5s.

Exactly!!

Also people forget when combining the bench as well LA beat Chicago in this one a few years back.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/fe ... neup/index
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,911

Post#75 » by iamworthy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:48 pm

j-smooth wrote:THE RESULTS ARE IN......when it comes to one-week old ESPN Franchise 5 Poll....The L.A. Lakers.....you are NOT the FRANCHISE!!!!!

Image GIFSoup

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STdRMgqWWpQ[/youtube]

:lol: :lol:
G35
RealGM
And1: 7,791

Post#76 » by G35 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:10 pm

JordansBulls wrote:
giordunk wrote:If you took the time to look at what people are voting off of, you will see that this 'All-Time' team only consists of a Starting 5. When you look at that, there's no more 'yea Lakers got Wilt and Kareem and Shaq.

Exactly!!

Also people forget when combining the bench as well LA beat Chicago in this one a few years back.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/fe ... neup/index

Too bad its not the the all time Bulls starting 5 vs the Lakers all time starting 5.

You can't penalize the Lakers depth just because the Bulls can't match it. And Kareem negates Jordan. Kobe negates Pippen and from there its just a slaughter with Magic directing and the bench overwhelming Bulls. In a real 7 game series this is like the Dream Team vs Angola. Including the Barkley elbow to the chest.....
I'm so tired of the typical......

Return to The General Board