Too many People sleeping on the kings?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

jaybound
Banned User
And1: 0

Too many People sleeping on the kings? 

Post#1 » by jaybound » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:55 am

I've noticed when listing playoff teams in the west almost nobody has the kings listed as even a possibility of making the playoffs. Sac town already has an all star in Tyreke now they've added Cousins who looks like a stud so far. I think Sac will be pushing 7 - 9 seed this year.
Wavy Q
RealGM
And1: 2,390

Re: Too many People sleeping on the kings? 

Post#2 » by Wavy Q » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:58 am

Western Conference, they wont make the playoffs.
SKR
Bench Warmer
And1: 731

Post#3 » by SKR » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:59 am

not PO this year yet. Next year maybe, but not this year - too many good teams there

also - a nice small sig there.
SacTownKings4Life
Starter
And1: 118

Post#4 » by SacTownKings4Life » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:06 am

I think its possible, provided:
1. we avoid injury (which we've failed at miserably in the preseason)
2. our bigs come back and start sending away weak $#!+ in the paint, and
3. if Cousins plays like a RoY.

Phoenix is on the bubble IMO with Amare gone, and Denver is done once Melo is traded (or even if he's isn't traded, he's still disinterested in Denver), so there's at least a couple spots from last season to this season that MAY be open. But we have to be ready to take it.
Just
Image Image
B Cuz
Sinant
Head Coach
And1: 140

Post#5 » by Sinant » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:15 am

SacTownKings4Life wrote:I think its possible, provided:
1. we avoid injury (which we've failed at miserably in the preseason)
2. our bigs come back and start sending away weak $#!+ in the paint, and
3. if Cousins plays like a RoY.

Phoenix is on the bubble IMO with Amare gone, and Denver is done once Melo is traded (or even if he's isn't traded, he's still disinterested in Denver), so there's at least a couple spots from last season to this season that MAY be open. But we have to be ready to take it.

It's a very outside chance though. Even if Phoenix and Denver both don't make the playoffs, you're still competing for a playoff spot with Chris Paul and the Rockets who won 42 games without Yao.

All 4 teams (Phoenix, Denver, New Orleans, Houston) would have to have pretty bad seasons combined with the Kings having a GREAT season for it to happen.

Very bright future though. I have Cousins as my RoY pick.
RunMCR
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#6 » by RunMCR » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:18 am

Who cares as long as Tyreke gets 20-5-5?
jaybound
Banned User

Post#7 » by jaybound » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:18 am

I really think in the west seeds 7 - 8 are wide open. I could easily see the kings 7 - 8 and the suns or denver not even making the playoffs (if they trade melo of course).
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,900

Post#8 » by Sofia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:34 am

jaybound wrote:9 seed

Sounds about right.
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
RunMCR
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#9 » by RunMCR » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:40 am

1 spot behind warriors
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#10 » by SacKingZZZ » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:45 am

I almost think the Kings are being overrated at times around here. I think it comes down to focus. I don't think the focus is on making the playoffs and more on actual player development, and that's how it should be. Things could change at any time because I can totally see the Kings making some deals to compete now, but as of right now, it's more about the long term than short term. And it shouldn't be any different.

I mean, we'll see what happens, it's not like they're going out there to lose so it's possible the philosophy changes to a degree but you typically win with vets, something the Kings aren't in the greatest of supply of.
MVP-3
Banned User

Post#11 » by MVP-3 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:11 am

Imo, I think one more bad year might not be bad. Next couple of months people will be wanting sign and trades so they can capitalize money and maybe a final franchise to play with. Some Gm's might do these trades. Teams like the Nuggets might go down. If Sac could get a high draft pick this year followed by a top team going down. They'll have a shot at making the playoffs. I'd hold on if I was them.
juror1
Banned User

Post#12 » by juror1 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:18 am

...I'm not sure, I myself have a Double, although I probably need a Queen at least given my height. I would have liked a King though at the time I didn't have the money to get it and a decent frame, and I figured a Queen would be kinda queer so I settled on the Double... Mines a Serta btw, I sleep in the world's best... What are you sleeping on?
DRK
RealGM
And1: 3,590

Post#13 » by DRK » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:19 am

Yawn.
MrMiyagi wrote:Lob to DA for the win
StClairBandit
Sophomore

Post#14 » by StClairBandit » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:33 am

jayks1 wrote:...I'm not sure, I myself have a Double, although I probably need a Queen at least given my height. I would have liked a King though at the time I didn't have the money to get it and a decent frame, and I figured a Queen would be kinda queer so I settled on the Double... Mines a Serta btw, I sleep in the world's best... What are you sleeping on?

hahahahahahaha
Wavy Q
RealGM
And1: 2,390

Post#15 » by Wavy Q » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:38 am

jayks1 wrote:...I'm not sure, I myself have a Double, although I probably need a Queen at least given my height. I would have liked a King though at the time I didn't have the money to get it and a decent frame, and I figured a Queen would be kinda queer so I settled on the Double... Mines a Serta btw, I sleep in the world's best... What are you sleeping on?

Game Show
Pro Prospect
And1: 24

Post#16 » by Game Show » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:40 am

Sinant wrote:
It's a very outside chance though. Even if Phoenix and Denver both don't make the playoffs, you're still competing for a playoff spot with Chris Paul and the Rockets who won 42 games without Yao.

All 4 teams (Phoenix, Denver, New Orleans, Houston) would have to have pretty bad seasons combined with the Kings having a GREAT season for it to happen.

I agree, but I would add Memphis in this conversation too
J~Rush
Head Coach
And1: 28

Post#17 » by J~Rush » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:34 am

Tyreke made the allstar game?
e
Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Post#18 » by Winsome Gerbil » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:58 am

Probably a year premature. A lot depends on Cousins though. If he turns out to be a serious ROY candidate, then I could see them being one of those young teams that's dangerous and hangs around. But in the end they'll probably do the young/inexperienced fade down the stretch unless Evans is ready to blow up like Durant did last year.
Assistant Coach
And1: 602

Post#19 » by 8305 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:15 am

I think it comes down to Evans being ready to be a winning team leader and Cousins ready to be an impact player. In Evans case I think there's more to being a team leader than big stats. In Cousins case its a maturity issue.

I'm not sold on either one for this year. I actually think Sacremento will disappoint this year.
Sinant
Head Coach
And1: 140

Post#20 » by Sinant » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:21 am

Game Show wrote:
Sinant wrote:

I agree, but I would add Memphis in this conversation too

Yeah, forgot them.

So, 5 teams.

Return to The General Board