Dec 20th Game Thread

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Day in the Life
Analyst
And1: 5

Re: Dec 20th Game Thread 

Post#561 » by Day in the Life » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:59 am

Heat offense is just terrible to watch. Iso LeBron, iso Wade. entire game holding the ball with home run assists every possession.

tight down the stretch?

iso LeBron- charge into the basket at will. get the ticky tack call.

iso Wade- charge into the basket at will. get the ticky tack call.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#562 » by Flash3 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:00 am

OscarMayer wrote:
heatwillbeback wrote:
OscarMayer wrote:I dont know why the Heat fans can even think about win 1 game against the Celtics in the post-season. This Heat team have a lot of weaknesses.

lol. This Heat team is very very good and just getting better as the season goes on

Celtics are amazing, but they are far from unbeatable. Celts will be the favorites as they have earned it this season, but Heat could win. Im pretty sure Pistons were the Eastern favorites the season the Heat won, but Wade decided to go apeshi* against them from the field in the ECF. Great players could make anything happen

Well, the refs can do a good job for D-Whistle against Pistons, or Mavericks. But against the Boston Celtics forget it. The Heat have 2 super talented players, 2 good jumpshooters in Bosh and Z and the rest of the team ex-elite 3 point shooters. Inside game is non-existant, the point guards are horrible to watch, poor rebounding team...In the post season that is the most important thing. This Heat team reminds me a slightly worse version of the Cleveland Cavaliers.

James Jones and Mike Miller are ex-elite 3 Point Shooters? WTH?
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
nbacardDOTnet
Junior
And1: 1

Post#563 » by nbacardDOTnet » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:05 am

sefant77 wrote:Image

saw this @ another forum. :lol:

Soap345
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#564 » by Soap345 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:05 am

Flash3 wrote:James Jones and Mike Miller are ex-elite 3 Point Shooters? WTH?

Ya i stoped reading after that part to. James Jones is deadly. Mike miller.... Well we will see, but if all he is gonna do is take mins away from Jones I dont really see how that could be a good thing. Even without a thumb injury, it would be hard to shoot the three better then Jones has this season.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#565 » by Flash3 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:07 am

Soap345 wrote:

Ya i stoped reading after that part to. James Jones is deadly. Mike miller.... Well we will see, but if all he is gonna do is take mins away from Jones I dont really see how that could be a good thing. Even without a thumb injury, it would be hard to shoot the three better then Jones has this season.

They guy is making baseless assumptions.

Mike Miller and James Jones are elite shooters. They've been tops in the league for years in 3PT shooting already.

But forget that, since when have Arroyo, Chalmers, and others ever been elite? :lol:

Give it up, dude. Give it up.
TheBoondocks
Banned User

Post#566 » by TheBoondocks » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:07 am

*Post Edited*

You've been asked time and time again. You've also been referenced to the new rules (MORE than once) by several mods on the team. You've also been given explanations in threads to this U MAD fad being over with, yet you continue?

If you can't post productively, then just don't.

Please check your PMs.

-Flash
Wavy Q
RealGM
And1: 2,390

Post#567 » by Wavy Q » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:08 am

How are you not banned yet...
TheBoondocks
Banned User

Post#568 » by TheBoondocks » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:08 am

Soap345 wrote:

Yeah, let's forget that Mike Miller is a very good passer and rebounder. He's highly underrated by fans here, but just keep on going.
OscarMayer
Rookie
And1: 10

Post#569 » by OscarMayer » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:09 am

Gimme Mo Williams and Anthony Parker instead of those two. And all we know that was not enough. Elite shooters can buy a bucket when it really cares. Example-Ray Allen
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#570 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:12 am

Jay From LA wrote:How are you not banned yet...

Lol I know...he really should be.

Also, the Heat's "offense" really is hard to watch. They run pick and rolls every time down with NO MOVEMENT on the opposite side of the ball. If the initial one doesn't work, they either set it up again, or they go into iso mode at which point Wade/LeBron either puts his head down and goes into the paint, pulls up for a jumper, or it's a drive and kick.

They need more motion in their offense...that's why teams are able to collapse. If 3/5 players on the court are standing still, it's a lot easier to guard them AND play very good help defense.
KDS91
RealGM
And1: 4,492

Post#571 » by KDS91 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:14 am

OscarMayer wrote:

Gimme Mo Williams and Anthony Parker instead of those two. And all we know that was not enough.

Yep. Guess Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh won't be enough either.
Soap345
Bench Warmer

Post#572 » by Soap345 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:14 am

TheBoondocks wrote:
Soap345 wrote:

Yeah, let's forget that Mike Miller is a very good passer and rebounder. He's highly underrated by fans here, but just keep on going.

I think MM is a very good player. But I also think that Jones has been amazing for the Heat this season. I was not trying to say anything bad about MM. I was just trying to say good things about JJ
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,134

Post#573 » by heatwillbeback » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:14 am

OscarMayer wrote:

Gimme Mo Williams and Anthony Parker instead of those two. And all we know that was not enough.

thats all fine and dandy. I actually think Mo is better than the three point shooters on our team, as he does more than just that

but who on Cleveland could be talked about in the same sentence as Wade? And Bosh to a lesser extent

these three still need to learn how to utilize each others talents at all times. Isos make the talent off the ball nothing more than spot off shooters. I am hoping that turns around, and if it does, Heat will compete with the best. Heat have deficiencies in some areas, but if the Heat are rolling, all teams will be deficient on the perimeter while facing Miami.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#574 » by Flash3 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:16 am

OscarMayer wrote:

Gimme Mo Williams and Anthony Parker instead of those two. And all we know that was not enough. Elite shooters can buy a bucket when it really cares. Example-Ray Allen
So you have your own definition for what's elite and what's not?

I thought elite shooters are those that are some of the league's best in average, makes, shooting % etc? I guess we each have our own definitions.

Oh and, you said the Heat are full of ex-elite shooters. So if these players aren't elite, how are they even ex-elite? (is ex-elite even a word?)

Dude, you're making absolutely no sense. :lol:
shaqfan1
General Manager
And1: 4

Post#575 » by shaqfan1 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:19 am

Now that the Heat have lost to an elite team by 2 points and their 12 win streak is over, all the usual suspects come out to tell everyone why the Heat team is very flawed and why they'll get swept by the Celtics. Talk about overreacting to a loss.
DuckIII wrote:All 3 of them joining forces in Miami is the NBA's worst nightmare (shared by TNT, ABC, and ESPN)...it is a simple, irrefutable fact, that Wade/LeBron/Bosh in Miami is pretty much the worst possible result from a business perspective.
A-Town Connection
Bench Warmer

Post#576 » by A-Town Connection » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:22 am

My thoughts on the Mavs Heat game:

1) as a mavs fan, I've resigned to the fact we need jet.sadly when dirk is off, jet is the only one that will step up.

2) While I think the refs called a fair game for the most part, ita gotta be nice to be a heat fan at the end of a game. Tick tacky fouls everywhere. I get Lebron and Wade are amazing talents, but if someone throws an elbow out and pushes off toward the basket, feel free to call an offensive foul as opposed to a call keeping the heat in the game.

3) the heat have the scariest and I meant scariest on/off switches in the NBA. 15 point runs come at ease.

4) I love my mags, but I'm still not sold on them. We have great team chemistry, but will need a solid number two( shocker) in the playoffs. Im a realistic mavs fan that knows roddy prob won't have an impact this year. Love the hustle and grit this team has...( props to rc for playing ds and Chandler)'but as long as barea is playing big min.. This team is going no where
OscarMayer
Rookie

Post#577 » by OscarMayer » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:25 am

agentk16 wrote:
OscarMayer wrote:

Yep. Guess Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh won't be enough either.

Im talking about the match up with the Celtics. And no, its not enought. In crunch time, Wade or Bron will need the ball and attack the rim. Its not like you can trust in Mike Miller or JJ to shoot a clutch 3. This guys are not proven under pressure. I prefer put my money in Ray Allen's hands, I dont know why... :roll: The Celtics have more weapons, more chemistry, more experience, more depth, better defense, better rebounding frontline, and you cant expect D-Wade or Bron will take his obvious help from the refs against the Celtics. Rondo against Arroyo? Deadly. Pierce and Allen in the clutch? Superior. Garnett and Bosh? LOL, Perkins and Shaq controlling the glass?? I just dont see it very well for the Heat....
KDS91
RealGM
And1: 4,492

Post#578 » by KDS91 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:25 am

A-Town Connection wrote:My thoughts on the Mavs Heat game:

1) as a mavs fan, I've resigned to the fact we need jet.sadly when dirk is off, jet is the only one that will step up.

2) While I think the refs called a fair game for the most part, ita gotta be nice to be a heat fan at the end of a game. Tick tacky fouls everywhere. I get Lebron and Wade are amazing talents, but if someone throws an elbow out and pushes off toward the basket, feel free to call an offensive foul as opposed to a call keeping the heat in the game.

3) the heat have the scariest and I meant scariest on/off switches in the NBA. 15 point runs come at ease.

4) I love my mags, but I'm still not sold on them. We have great team chemistry, but will need a solid number two( shocker) in the playoffs. Im a realistic mavs fan that knows roddy prob won't have an impact this year. Love the hustle and grit this team has...( props to rc for playing ds and Chandler)'but as long as barea is playing big min.. This team is going no where

And that annoys me. During the streak, the Heat would play generally lethargic in the first half and keep close with the opponent. Then theycome out swinging in the 3rd quarter. They need to learn that that won't always fly, especially with elite teams.
OscarMayer
Rookie

Post#579 » by OscarMayer » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:31 am

Flash3 wrote:
OscarMayer wrote:

So you have your own definition for what's elite and what's not?

I thought elite shooters are those that are some of the league's best in average, makes, shooting % etc? I guess we each have our own definitions.

Oh and, you said the Heat are full of ex-elite shooters. So if these players aren't elite, how are they even ex-elite? (is ex-elite even a word?)

Dude, you're making absolutely no sense. :lol:

Well, I actually was not thinking about JJ but Eddie House(done). Mike Miller looked horrible today (ok it was his first game). Yeah, I failed a little in that word, I tried to say, those dudes are not proven in meaningful NBA games, and the regular season averages mean nothing when it comes real playoff battles if you compare them with the Boston Celtics players.
A-Town Connection
Bench Warmer

Post#580 » by A-Town Connection » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:34 am

Don't think they can to be honest. I don't think they can. They typically do when one of lebron or wade is on the bench. I have a hard time believing that time will fix this. Wade and bron are to much alike. I will agree it's a scary thought.

Return to The General Board