Why do people say Vince Carter plays with no heart?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Do you believe Iverson when he says that Vince Carter plays with Heart?

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes: 100

kenyu_weed
Veteran
And1: 8

Re: Why do people say Vince Carter plays with no heart? 

Post#141 » by kenyu_weed » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:25 pm

when i was four years old i thought i would be a wrestler
no shirt on flexing muscles on a picture
Harry_Seaward
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#142 » by Harry_Seaward » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:51 pm

I did very poor in school. Was very underwhelming in the classes about science...but without a heart I don't think anyone could play basketball.

I didn't learn much but it's an important organ, is it not?
Silk Wilkes
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#143 » by Silk Wilkes » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:53 pm

RvM wrote:
Youngblood wrote:
RvM wrote:Also, if anyone can even explain to me how Vince is a "cancer", I'd really love to hear their explanation.

So you're the only one who even mentions the word "cancer" in this thread but you ask others to explain it to you? No one besides yourself had mentioned the word "cancer" once in this thread.

I wasn't referring to only this thread.

Check out the post that tsherkin had on all the threads that JB made about Vince. I have seen the word "cancer" described many, many times. Just wanted to clear it up.

Ok well, Vince Carter is not even close to being a "cancer" even though he definitely doesn't have the heart of a champion.
RvM
Veteran
And1: 276

Post#144 » by RvM » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:44 pm

Now regarding the subject,

as I have said before, the hate on Vince Carter is justified, but not to the extent that he has recieved.

I see the main reason that Vince recieves so much scrutiny, is becaused people believed he could have been one of the greatest players of all-time, the next Jordan, the face of the NBA, etc.

Vince definitely does not always attack the rim. He overexaggerates everytime he gets hurt. He settles too much for fadeaway jumpers, and is at times a lazy defender and will never be the player we all thought he could be.

That being said, we shouldn't completely disregard what he has accomplished. He has the possibility of becoming a future Hall of famer, and in a week or two he will reach the 20,000 pt plateau mark.

The way he left in Toronto wasn't on the best of terms, injuries, rumors of quiting, management issues. Alot of things can be taken into account on Vince's faults.

I always wish that Vince was able to play with a legitimate big man in his career. The Best big man he had with his tenure with the Raptors was Charles Oakely. Not until he was 31 did he became teammates with Brook Lopez and later on, Dwight Howard.

I thought Vince was nothing short of being the classy guy that he is, during his tenure with New Jersey. He took better care of himself, he became more of a well rounded player, and was a veteran and a leader with the Nets.

In Orlando, he just tried to much to fit into the system, and turned into a role player with the Magic's system. He was averaging 18/4/4 with the Magic during the 2nd half of the season and had his contributions towards the Magic's run in the playoffs. Unfortunately, he wilted under the pressure against the Celtics, and haters jumped on the opportunity to always reference this as VC being "a choker."

If anyone has followed or seen Vince, they know he's been very clutch throughout his entire career, and I know Magic fans tend to remember mroe of the bad than the good, but VC had his moments with the magic.

I jsut thought Otis Smith was two years too late, when aquiring Vince. Vince is turning 34 this month. He's averaging 16/4/3 on 47% shooting. That's pretty solid for a man many believe is done. Vince is nothing more than a 2nd or 3rd option at best. There's alot of what ifs, but let's not completely ignore what he has accomplished.
RvM:42-31 when making Gamethreads.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,189

Post#145 » by tsherkin » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:04 pm

Ru_Paul wrote:I never said it was a "major accomplishment". Another poster lied and said that he never got past the second round. I called them on their lie.

Given that they lied about that, I doubt any of their other "facts" can be trusted to be true.

It wasn't a lie, it was a comment about what Vince achieved as a significant focus on the team. Everyone knows that Vince was merely a complementary piece when he was in Orlando, and that's a TOTALLY different scenario. We're comparing two guys who were franchise centerpieces, not what he does now that he's taken on the job of a roleplayer. I lied about nothing.
Giacomo
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#146 » by Giacomo » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:55 pm

I'll take Iverson's word.

I think Carter lacked ambition. The sort of qualities that make one successful on the Wall St. They can easily be confused with courage, and are not mutually exclusive.

He must have thought a great deal about comparisons with MJ, and heard still more about it, from all sides. And at some stages even bought into it, but ultimately he just did not want to be Michael Jordan.

I know these guys make millions playing basketball. It seems amazing to the outsiders, especially the fans. But once you are there, it is also a job. There are office politics and all that bs. Even if you have all the talent, work habits and heart in the world, you still might not make it to the top.
Ru_Paul
Banned User

Post#147 » by Ru_Paul » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:26 am

now and 4 life wrote:
Ru_Paul wrote:I never said it was a "major accomplishment". Another poster lied and said that he never got past the second round. I called them on their lie.

Given that they lied about that, I doubt any of their other "facts" can be trusted to be true.

Why don't you attempt to actually form an argument?

That's pretty funny coming from you. I don't see you making an argument in this thread, or ever for that matter. All you do is troll.

Somebody lied, and I called them on it. It's as simple as that.
Ru_Paul
Banned User

Post#148 » by Ru_Paul » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:28 am

Youngblood wrote:Ok well, Vince Carter is not even close to being a "cancer" even though he definitely doesn't have the heart of a champion.

Another clown making a silly, subjective argument with no facts to back up his claim.

We call people like you liars.
now and 4 life
Starter
And1: 11

Post#149 » by now and 4 life » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:27 am

Ru_Paul wrote:Another clown making a silly, subjective argument with no facts to back up his claim.

We call people like you liars.

How is that a subjective argument? He doesn't have an NBA championship and that is a FACT.

Return to The General Board