Miami 3some- 1st booed players in ASG?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Future Coach
Assistant Coach
And1: 468

Re: Miami 3some- 1st booed players in ASG? 

Post#21 » by Future Coach » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:20 pm

I have a hard time imagining that the star-studded crowd in LA will really care enough to boo anyone. They will more be there for the tv appearance.
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#22 » by L&H_05 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:37 pm

I was at the 1998 NBA ALL STAR game in New York and they booed the hell out of Tim Hardaway and Reggie Miller
BubbaTee
Head Coach
And1: 546

Post#23 » by BubbaTee » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:45 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:Game in LA, I'm sure the Celtics players will be booed.

Yes, this seems more likely than the Heat 3 getting booed.
Boss_
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 233

Post#24 » by Boss_ » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:51 pm

I doubt youll hear any boos. They'll mute the sound from the audience just like they have been all season long when it comes to televised broadcasts of miami heat games and lebron. Secondly, in the asg's many of the seats are for corporate sponsors, movie stars and such, not the casual nba fan.
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,156

Post#25 » by Edrees » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:02 pm

I think Celtics players will be boo'd but not the heat players

If i was at the game i'd definitely boo the celtics but i'd cheer for james and wade. i mean james and wade are gonna put on a good show for me at the ASG, why would I boo? With the exception of Rondo none of the celtics players are exciting or fun in the slightest bit of ways, so I'd probably boo them, plus I'm a laker fan so what do you expect.
The MVPlaya
Starter
And1: 33

Post#26 » by The MVPlaya » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:03 pm

KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#27 » by KevinMcreynolds » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:09 pm

Still Desi wrote:I noticed Kobe still gets booed when he's playing in philly, anyone know why?

cuz it's Philadelphia, they'll boo and old lady with a walker crossing the street if she takes too long
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Harry_Seaward
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#28 » by Harry_Seaward » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:29 pm

LeBron will get booed in LA.

For some reason, even though they have never met in the playoffs, and their match-ups haven't been particularly interesting, and there's no real ill will between the players Kobe Bryant and by extension Los Angles Lakers fans HATE, HATE, HATE LeBron James.

I guess because they feel if it weren't for LeBron James then Kobe would of been the undisputed BEST player in recent memory. I don't know.
shaqfan1
General Manager
And1: 4

Post#29 » by shaqfan1 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:37 pm

The Boss of Bosses wrote:I doubt youll hear any boos. They'll mute the sound from the audience just like they have been all season long when it comes to televised broadcasts of miami heat games and lebron. Secondly, in the asg's many of the seats are for corporate sponsors, movie stars and such, not the casual nba fan.

Is that the latest conspiracy theory about the Heat? I thought the Heat only had David Stern, league refs, and ESPN giving them unfair advantage but apparently national and local game broadcasters are in on it too. Who else is in on this Heat love fest? Maybe Footlocker is exaggerating their sales numbers for Heat merchandise to make them look more popular and relevant than they are.
DuckIII wrote:All 3 of them joining forces in Miami is the NBA's worst nightmare (shared by TNT, ABC, and ESPN)...it is a simple, irrefutable fact, that Wade/LeBron/Bosh in Miami is pretty much the worst possible result from a business perspective.
Tenacious Spur
Freshman
And1: 3

Post#30 » by Tenacious Spur » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:12 pm

Err. dude... Is true. TV mutes (and/or lowers down) the boos when the Heat play away (when on national). Domestics don't, and if you compare them, you'll notice. They do the same thing when Stern is talking.
doozyj
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,842

Post#31 » by doozyj » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:04 pm

Harry_Seaward wrote:LeBron will get booed in LA.

For some reason, even though they have never met in the playoffs, and their match-ups haven't been particularly interesting, and there's no real ill will between the players Kobe Bryant and by extension Los Angles Lakers fans HATE, HATE, HATE LeBron James.

I guess because they feel if it weren't for LeBron James then Kobe would of been the undisputed BEST player in recent memory. I don't know.

You're right.

You don't know. :roll:
RTM
RealGM
And1: 173

Post#32 » by RTM » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:14 pm

Kobe got major boos when he played in the ASG in Denver right after the rape allegations. The Superfriends of Miami won't get it that bad.
jagz
Junior
And1: 137

Post#33 » by jagz » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:31 pm

Lots of players have been booed in the ASG. Madison Square Garden crowds (in 1997?) viciously booed Reggie Miller and Tim Hardaway (renowned Knick killers)-- oddly, they gave MJ (the biggest Knick killer of all) a wild ovation. And Philly fans booed Lower Merion H.S.'s (in suburban Phila) Kobe Bryant when they felt like he was gunning for game MVP (one of many classless Philly fans acts over the years). Those are just a couple off the top of my head.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#34 » by LApwnd » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:04 am

Doc Rivers :D
bl2k
Veteran
And1: 13

Post#35 » by bl2k » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:19 am

ummm no, lol wtf are you talking about
richboy wrote:

I could never say that about KG. Even though he is a great player. In some way even in his prime he is Joakim Noah with a jump shot and a little better post game. Outside of that they have the exact same skill set.
Heat_FinsFan
Senior
And1: 26

Post#36 » by Heat_FinsFan » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:21 am

Nah unless they want lebron to win mvp
NBA4EVA2010
Banned User
And1: 180

Post#37 » by NBA4EVA2010 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:34 am

Kobe was booed in the Philly all star game so bad that he actually sounded choked up/about to cry
Bskey
Veteran
And1: 144

Post#38 » by Bskey » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:41 am

Tenacious Spur wrote:Err. dude... Is true. TV mutes (and/or lowers down) the boos when the Heat play away (when on national). Domestics don't, and if you compare them, you'll notice. They do the same thing when Stern is talking.

It's not really a Heat thing. They lower crowd noise for pretty much every broadcast, the only time you hear it turned up is in the playoffs.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#39 » by DEEP3CL » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:49 am

You're way way off base, all Laker fans don't hate LeBron. Kobe fans hate LeBron. I don't hate LeBron or any Heat player for that matter.

Plus the Celtic players will probably hear more boos than the Miami guys.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
LascelleL
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,996

Post#40 » by LascelleL » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:13 am

Derick22333 wrote:
Soap345 wrote:
Still Desi wrote:I noticed Kobe still gets booed when he's playing in philly, anyone know why?

Because Philly is weird. Why do philly fans do any of the things they do?

Kobe was born there, moved to San Diego when he was 1 (possibly before his first birthday) then to Houston when he was 5. He then moved to Italy when he was 6 and they went back to philly when he was 13. Played High school ball there till he was 17 and has been in LA ever since.

Kobe lived in Philly for 5 years, only 4 of which he has any memories of. At this point, Kobe identifies LA as home and not Philly. He cheered for the dodgers etc. This has all somehow led to the idea, that Kobe has rejected Philly, to become "Hollywood."

I mean, the first time kobe ever really established any roots was when he signed with the Lakers. Met his wife, raised children, first job (lol) not to mention that he has also lived in LA close to 4 times as much as Philly.

Well said.

Return to The General Board