Raptors/Pacers buzzer beef

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Jose_Canseco
Sophomore
And1: 120

Re: Raptors/Pacers buzzer beef 

Post#41 » by Jose_Canseco » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:45 am

Indy2thaWindy wrote:Canadians acting hard. :rofl:

Rap fans just tryin to be recognized for somethin.

Easy there sunshine it's not like the pacers are doing anything this year.
Draft Master J
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#42 » by Draft Master J » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:52 am

Conrad420 wrote:Daren collison did the exact same thing the last time they played, i dont know why granger so mad.

Collison's shot was a 30-foot heave to beat the shot clock that just-so-happened to have went in. Barbosa's was a bitch move.
triplet1984
General Manager
And1: 177

Post#43 » by triplet1984 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:57 am

It's all BS.

PLAY UNTIL THE BUZZER SOUNDS. Period.

Keep trying to score. Keep trying to DEFEND.
Silk Wilkes
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#44 » by Silk Wilkes » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:02 am

Draft Master J wrote:
Conrad420 wrote:Daren collison did the exact same thing the last time they played, i dont know why granger so mad.

Collison's shot was a 30-foot heave to beat the shot clock that just-so-happened to have went in. Barbosa's was a bitch move.

I see someone hasn't heard of taking the shot clock violation and turnover. Both were "bitch moves", but Barbosa simply retaliated as a showing of team unity. If you let people jack up shots on you with the game out of reach you're a joke of a 'team'. There was an incident many years ago where the Minnesota Timberwolves were up big on someone and Ervin Johnson decided to take a 3, now there's a real bitch move. A similar situation happened with the Raptors/Celtics a few years back where the Celtics were up big and Tony Allen/Gerald Green decided it was a good time to run a 2 on 0 fast break while everyone was conceding the final score. Allen threw it off the backboard and Green dunked it. The Raps never retaliated for that because our leader was a "fake tough guy". That s**t doesn't fly since Rupaul left.
Indy2thaWindy
Banned User
And1: 16

Post#45 » by Indy2thaWindy » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:02 am

Da-Met wrote:It's all BS.

Pacers did. Barbosa missed the layup.
Green Backpack
Head Coach
And1: 3,280

Post#46 » by Green Backpack » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:08 am

lol, who cares. Sometimes basketball really does piss me off with how pansy these guys are and what they make issues out of.., maybe it's just b/c I'm a hockey fan too.. but this is just funny.
Jose_Canseco
Sophomore

Post#47 » by Jose_Canseco » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:45 am

Indy2thaWindy wrote:

Then Granger got his feelings hurt. Poor gal :cry:
Indy2thaWindy
Banned User
And1: 16

Post#48 » by Indy2thaWindy » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:56 am

Jose_Canseco wrote:
Indy2thaWindy wrote:

Same way your coach got mad. Except Granger said something about it. Nobody on the Raptors did, they just stood there while Triano cried to the refs.
Jose_Canseco
Sophomore

Post#49 » by Jose_Canseco » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:59 am

Indy2thaWindy wrote:
Jose_Canseco wrote:
Indy2thaWindy wrote:

Same way your coach got mad. Except Granger said something about it. Nobody on the Raptors did, they just stood there while Triano cried to the refs.

He also said he would've knocked Barbosa's head off, but he didn't do anything when Barbosa was in his face at the end of the game. I guess your boy is all talk.
TribeZulu
Sixth Man
And1: 134

Post#50 » by TribeZulu » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:59 am

I say play to till the final buzzer. They're like a bunch of five year-old girls out there. It's pure country club.
If you can't beat em... at least grab their gonads
mepatrick
Pro Prospect
And1: 5

Post#51 » by mepatrick » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:02 am

Youngblood wrote:The Pacers got regulated. It's simple as that.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH8CtmzvPKU&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Ell Oh Ell, I just realized Jose punking Josh McRoberts. Sad day for Josh... :lol:

damn, didn't know triano was that badass.. he was gonna call a timeout with 0.6 of a second left since the pacers took a shot. :o
Draft Master J
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#52 » by Draft Master J » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:06 am

Youngblood wrote:I see someone hasn't heard of taking the shot clock violation and turnover.

No one takes the shot clock violation in that situation. That's something Raptor fans have made up in order to justify Barbosa being a little Brazilian bitch. Of course, Raptor fans are the same people who appallingly vilified classy Al Horford for an unintentional hit on T.J. Ford a while back, so it's safe to say that rational thinking isn't their strong suit.
ty123
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#53 » by ty123 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:19 am

granger is a pussy. why didn't he back up his talk on the court. He had a perfect oppurtunity to do something when Barbosa got in his face. maybe he's just mad he didn't get enough shot attempts.
freshtrinity46
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#54 » by freshtrinity46 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:22 am

The fan 'beef' in this thread is probably more entertaining

BTW, whoever is saying 'you let the shot clock run out' in the first situation, that's crap. No reason to slow down the game even more with a dead ball, and no reason the winning team should be penalized with a turnover. I've never heard of that being the norm and I don't think it should be.
Silk Wilkes
Banned User

Post#55 » by Silk Wilkes » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:23 am

Draft Master J wrote:
Youngblood wrote:I see someone hasn't heard of taking the shot clock violation and turnover.

No one takes the shot clock violation in that situation. That's something Raptor fans have made up in order to justify Barbosa being a little Brazilian bitch. Of course, Raptor fans are the same people who appallingly vilified classy Al Horford for an unintentional hit on T.J. Ford a while back, so it's safe to say that rational thinking isn't their strong suit.

Please, a lot of people take it, don't make me literally laugh out loud at your stupidity. Plus, Raps fans didn't vilify Horford you fail, they judged it exactly as it was, he missed the ball on a block attempt, no malicious intent. Your lack of knowledge is sobering. I didn't realize there were people as ignorant as this left in the basketball world. It's funny how you call Leandro Barbosa a Brazilian bitch when he's one of the nicest and classiest guys in the league. He just paid Indiana back but Pacer fans obviously want to make him out to be the bad guy because the real bitch (Indiana Pacer Danny Granger) talks a big game and does nothing during the actual situation. Typical.
Silk Wilkes
Banned User

Post#56 » by Silk Wilkes » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:24 am

freshtrinity46 wrote:The fan 'beef' in this thread is probably more entertaining

BTW, whoever is saying 'you let the shot clock run out' in the first situation, that's crap. No reason to slow down the game even more with a dead ball, and no reason the winning team should be penalized with a turnover. I've never heard of that being the norm and I don't think it should be.

A turnover is nothing once you win the game. I see you're more caught up in stats than wins. The bottom line is, Danny Granger should not talk about class if he doesn't know what it is.
giordunk
Analyst
And1: 493

Post#57 » by giordunk » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:33 am

I know a lot of players shoot a 3 long 3 or something in that situation. I guess taking a lay up when the defense is clearly not doing anything is what ticked people off?
i like peanuts
giordunk
Analyst
And1: 493

Post#58 » by giordunk » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:38 am

Youngblood wrote:
freshtrinity46 wrote:The fan 'beef' in this thread is probably more entertaining

A turnover is nothing once you win the game. I see you're more caught up in stats than wins. The bottom line is, Danny Granger should not talk about class if he doesn't know what it is.

I've seen both happen but I see the shot attempt more with maybe 3/4 seconds on the shot clock. If the team has taken around 90 shots a game, your extra field goal attempt goes out to about a 1% change in field goal percentage. When a team has about 10 turnovers a game, an extra turnover is like a 10% change in turnovers. Running the shot clock out also causes this stupid confusion to all the fans who start cheering at the shot clock violation while the official is trying to get the other team to inbound the ball to finish the remaining 1-2 seconds.

So in that situation, just take a long 3, let someone get the rebound, and dribble the clock out.
i like peanuts
Silk Wilkes
Banned User

Post#59 » by Silk Wilkes » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:43 am

giordunk wrote:
Youngblood wrote:

I've seen both happen but I see the shot attempt more with maybe 3/4 seconds on the shot clock. If the team has taken around 90 shots a game, your extra field goal attempt goes out to about a 1% change in field goal percentage. When a team has about 10 turnovers a game, an extra turnover is like a 10% change in turnovers. Running the shot clock out also causes this stupid confusion to all the fans who start cheering at the shot clock violation while the official is trying to get the other team to inbound the ball to finish the remaining 1-2 seconds.

So in that situation, just take a long 3, let someone get the rebound, and dribble the clock out.

If I'm winning I could care less about stats or fan reactions. I'll just take the shot clock violation to be a sportsman. There's no point in taking a shot in that situation.
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#60 » by Throwback24 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:51 am

The Raptors will punch out any opposing team who tries that **** on our home floor
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.

Return to The General Board