76ers pass Knicks for the 6th seed in the East

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Re: 76ers pass Knicks for the 6th seed in the East 

Post#61 » by MaceCase » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:21 pm

Trend Settaz wrote:The Hawks are getting scared.

Oh, by all means take the 5th seed. Ownership would be more than satisfied with Heatles, Bulls or Celtics home crowds and not being banished to NBATV against Orlando. That will be the true victory of the season. :thumbsup:
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,280

Post#62 » by amcoolio » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:32 pm

They are basically last year's Charlotte Bobcats.
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
Boss_
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 233

Post#63 » by Boss_ » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:37 pm

Problem with the Knicks, from a knicks fan. Just like that Laker fan stated on page 1.

Not going to dwell on their late season half team trade..the roster currently as constructed.

# of players that can actually play outside of billups, stat, melo

Fields, Douglas and Williams(That dude that is ranked 3rd in nba in 3's)

That's it. Just 6 players really that can play basketball. Honestly Im not that crazy about Ronny Turiaf, but whatever, lets make him 7th.

Outside of stat, melo and billups, those other 3-4 arent players that would be starting on teams that want to be in contention of the title. Fields/Douglas and WilliamsTuriaf are good bench players imo.

Not suprised about Philly btw, theyre my 2nd favorite team I watch w/ nba league pass
NYK 455
General Manager
And1: 161

Post#64 » by NYK 455 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:39 pm

The Boss of Bosses wrote:Problem with the Knicks, from a knicks fan. Just like that Laker fan stated on page 1.

Not going to dwell on their late season half team trade..the roster currently as constructed.

# of players that can actually play outside of billups, stat, melo

Fields, Douglas and Williams(That dude that is ranked 3rd in nba in 3's)

That's it. Just 6 players really that can play basketball. Outside of stat, melo and billups, those other 3 arent really legit starters. Fields/Douglas and Williams are good bench players imo.

Not suprised about Philly btw, theyre my 2nd favorite team I watch w/ nba league pass

Landry is 10/7 in 32 minutes a game, has a TS% of 62, and hits the 3 ball at a 41% clip. He's fine as a starter on that team, and he's good enough to be a starter in general.
Boss_
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#65 » by Boss_ » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:43 pm

Yea I know alot of you guys are happy with him..

To me, he is still a rookie, that starts at shooting guard because we have no shooting guard, that is a 6-7 small foward that plays the same position with melo. To me, 10 ppg doesn't cut it. 10/7 isn't much production honestly. He is just a rook he will get better, but as of right now, thats the way it is, to me. But anyway, lets not debate whether the rookie is a starter calibre player on a championship contending team. He can get there eventually, but just talking about the now. Just saying, I doubt Orlando/Lakers/Celtics/Dallas/Spurs would be starting Fields.
NYK 455
General Manager
And1: 161

Post#66 » by NYK 455 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:47 pm

The Boss of Bosses wrote:Yea I know alot of you guys are happy with him..

To me, he is still a rookie, that starts at shooting guard because we have no shooting guard, that is a 6-7 small foward that plays the same position with melo. To me, 10 ppg doesn't cut it. 10/7 isn't much production honestly. He is just a rook he will get better, but as of right now, thats the way it is, to me. But anyway, lets not debate whether the rookie is a starter calibre player on a championship contending team. He can get there eventually, but just talking about the now.

How many points to you expect the guy to get when Amar'e/Melo/Billups take 1000 shots a game, then Toney hurls up 100 off the bench?
Boss_
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#67 » by Boss_ » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:49 pm

Much of it is from over-passing and the inability to create his own shot or drive to the bucket like Gallo did.

Look Im just saying here that we just have half a team right now. Crap depth doesnt get you far and Miami can attest to that.
poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,066

Post#68 » by poeman » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:49 pm

Knicks haters need to **** wake up.

This team joined with 25 games to go, and had no off season to work with...The Knicks got rid of almost the whole team to get Carmelo and Billups.

There was no time prepare appropriately.

Do the idiots forget that Heat started 9-8 and the Bulls started 9-8 WITH AN OFFSEASON PROGRAM IN PLACE?

Come on son
Studemire1
Sixth Man
And1: 107

Post#69 » by Studemire1 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:59 pm

^ Exactly. Basically exactly part of what I said in my post 1-2 pages back.

The Knicks REALLY need to take that 6th seed back, though. The Celtics are the only team that REALLY worry me tbh. I don't think the Knicks have any shot at winning the series if they play the Celtics. Their chances against the Bulls are very bad as well. I truly like their chances in the first round against any other team...
AgEnT50
General Manager
And1: 188

Post#70 » by AgEnT50 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:00 pm

NYK 455 wrote:Trade sucked. We gave up a lot of young talent, an 18/8 26 year old PG, and two potential all stars Wil and Gallo for a guy who isn't a superstar and 35 year old Billups. And now we have basically no cap.

My thoughts exactly when the trade went down.
HeatFanSince87
Assistant Coach
And1: 758

Post#71 » by HeatFanSince87 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:16 pm

Cammo101 wrote:Miami and NY...where superteams go to underachieve.

Underachieve? Miami is 47-22 and 2 games back of first with their easiest stretch on the schedule coming up with 13 games left. Miami had a tough stretch where they lost 4 of 5 on the last basket. Give me a break! They swept the Lakers, and then demolished the Spurs. Their two most important role players had inuries, with Haslem bascially missing the whole season. All this fuss about when Noah was out for the Bulls, when Haslem is a smaller version of him for Miami.

Miami will be there when it matters.. do not be ignorant and compare them to the Knicks. Or, continue to be and sound foolish.
bruddahmanmatt
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#72 » by bruddahmanmatt » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:18 pm

Let's get something straight here. The Melo trade was a deal that the Knicks HAD to make. They were NEVER going to win a chip with just Amar'e surrounded by Felton, Gallo, Chandler and Fields. While the ultimate scenario for New York would have been to acquire Anthony over the summer, it would have been a huge gamble to risk losing him to another team. Knicks fans expecting results so soon were and are getting ahead of themselves. Melo was a move for the next five years, not this season. Whatever you guys manage to get out of your team this year is extra. I just hope the Knicks are able to get it together and move back in front of the Sixers. Knicks-Heat and Sixers-Celtics would be much more exciting to watch IMO.
sca
Head Coach
And1: 9,178

Post#73 » by sca » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:54 am

bruddahmanmatt wrote:Let's get something straight here. The Melo trade was a deal that the Knicks HAD to make. They were NEVER going to win a chip with just Amar'e surrounded by Felton, Gallo, Chandler and Fields. While the ultimate scenario for New York would have been to acquire Anthony over the summer, it would have been a huge gamble to risk losing him to another team. Knicks fans expecting results so soon were and are getting ahead of themselves. Melo was a move for the next five years, not this season. Whatever you guys manage to get out of your team this year is extra. I just hope the Knicks are able to get it together and move back in front of the Sixers. Knicks-Heat and Sixers-Celtics would be much more exciting to watch IMO.

Was there even a risk? I honestly didn't get this trade.
RaptorsLife on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm wrote:
nabbs wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Nurse can’t be our head coach

Why not? Who is your choice?

Def Messina

RaptorsLife on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 pm wrote:Messina sucks
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,836

Post#74 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:30 am

Blame Rasho wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:Not a big deal, just thought it was worth mentioning.

The 76ers might be one of the most under the radar teams in the NBA. They will be a tough out in the playoffs.

I think that the 76ers have a very good chance at upsetting a team in the playoffs. With that said, I really hope that Orlando plays them in the 1st round. I think they are a tough match-up for Orlando therefore I want Orlando to play them.

As for the Knicks, I have no idea why they would trade for a guy who was going to sign with them as a FA anyway.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
melostat
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#75 » by melostat » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:36 am

were just coasting like the celtics last season..were protecting amare from getting injured..we dont have a defensive center to protect amare, so its hard for these guys to motivate them on defense.

its not as if were losing with large point differential..most of those losses we had a lead in the fourth..its just that teams make a run and were winning against above .500 teams so its really a problem of effort.

whereas our team before will be down for 20 points and then make a run and failed to close it out. Right now, were just toying against below .500 teams and it seems its just a practice game for them. but i cant blame them coz they dont have a training camp together yet.
Priggy Smalls
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,059

Post#76 » by Priggy Smalls » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:45 am

ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:
Blame Rasho wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:Not a big deal, just thought it was worth mentioning.

The 76ers might be one of the most under the radar teams in the NBA. They will be a tough out in the playoffs.

I think that the 76ers have a very good chance at upsetting a team in the playoffs. With that said, I really hope that Orlando plays them in the 1st round. I think they are a tough match-up for Orlando therefore I want Orlando to play them.

As for the Knicks, I have no idea why they would trade for a guy who was going to sign with them as a FA anyway.

because he wasnt going to sign with us in the offseason. he wanted his money.
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM

Post#77 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:49 am

rayray2 wrote:because he wasnt going to sign with us in the offseason. he wanted his money.

I was under the impression that Melo said he was going to sign with the Knicks.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#78 » by magnumt » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:50 am

ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:
rayray2 wrote:because he wasnt going to sign with us in the offseason. he wanted his money.

Link?
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM

Post#79 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:53 am

magnumt wrote:
ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:

Link?

I have no credible links, just what I've read on wiretap which probably should have been a red flag right there. I just figured seeing as he was asking for a trade to the Knicks that's where he wanted to go.

Priggy Smalls
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,059

Post#80 » by Priggy Smalls » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:54 am

ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:

it's entirely possible but the most believable story at this point is that he forced dolan's hand at the ASG. throwing in mozgov and second rounders confirmed this in my mind at least.

Return to The General Board