Dan Le Batard compares Rose to Westbrook, not MVP.

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

nitric0
RealGM
And1: 1,352

Re: Dan Le Batard compares Rose to Westbrook, not MVP. 

Post#141 » by nitric0 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:53 pm

So what I'm seeing here is that team defense and rebounding is the reason why we're #1. I guess if we take out Rose for, lets say Kirk Hinrich...there would be no hiccups right?
“We were right there with them. We dominated for most of the game, but then Derrick Rose happened.” - Al Horford
daniel3
Lead Assistant
And1: 481

Post#142 » by daniel3 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:54 pm

nitric0 wrote:Why is this thread past 100 posts? If you were starting a franchise, would you start it with Rose or Westbrook? Nuff said

"Nuff said"? Westbrook is one of the top PG's in the league so how in the world is it clear cut who you would start a franchise with? They're both pretty much same player.
Big Shamrock
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#143 » by Big Shamrock » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:54 pm

nitric0 wrote:So what I'm seeing here is that team defense and rebounding is the reason why we're #1. I guess if we take out Rose for, lets say Kirk Hinrich...there would be no hiccups right?
Why not Chris Duhon the GOAT? :wink:
organix85
General Manager
And1: 331

Post#144 » by organix85 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:54 pm

D-31 wrote:
organix85 wrote:Ohhhh....so you use 82games. I missed the 5 minute part the first time.

Take note of this:

"Last update: 04/16/2010"

Great stats buddy. Maybe next time.

They were updated recently, the last updated date is wrong because they just copy paster from the 2009/2010 season.

No they weren't. It says Rose has played 32 games. Last I checked, he's played more than 32 games.
TyrusRose2425 wrote:Imagine how much more athletic Noah would be if he didn't have his big ass ball sack dragging him down
nitric0
RealGM

Post#145 » by nitric0 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:55 pm

daniel3 wrote:
nitric0 wrote:Why is this thread past 100 posts? If you were starting a franchise, would you start it with Rose or Westbrook? Nuff said

"Nuff said"? Westbrook is one of the top PG's in the league so how in the world is it clear cut who you would start a franchise with? They're both pretty much same player.

Answer my question. Would you take Rose (Who is doing what he is doing as a #1 option) or Westbrook (who is a #2 option)?
“We were right there with them. We dominated for most of the game, but then Derrick Rose happened.” - Al Horford
nitric0
RealGM

Post#146 » by nitric0 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:55 pm

Big Shamrock wrote:
nitric0 wrote:So what I'm seeing here is that team defense and rebounding is the reason why we're #1. I guess if we take out Rose for, lets say Kirk Hinrich...there would be no hiccups right?
Why not Chris Duhon the GOAT? :wink:

Then people would say we'd indeed have no hiccups :evil:
jl342323
General Manager
And1: 531

Post#147 » by jl342323 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:55 pm

daniel3 wrote:

how are they same kind of player? please explain
“He don’t care (about offense). He just cares about defense. When we come down or shoot a bad shot or whatever, he don’t really care about that. -Rose talking about Thibs
jmbflame21
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#148 » by jmbflame21 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:02 pm

I agree that Thibs is the Coach of the Year by a land slide. But I do not agree that Derrick Rose is the Most Valuable Player in the league. Dwight Howard and Dirk are more valuable than Derrick Rose
Image Image
HeyJoe
Starter
And1: 12

Post#149 » by HeyJoe » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:05 pm

pretty much, he's westbrook with no durant there keeping him from getting 30 a night
daniel3
Lead Assistant
And1: 481

Post#150 » by daniel3 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:11 pm

jl342323 wrote:
daniel3 wrote:

how are they same kind of player? please explain

Both are scoring first point guards, both thrive by attacking the basket, not the best shooters, average defense, decent playmakers, etc. I think what you should be asking is how they arent alike, Rose is an inch taller?
Teen Girl Squad
Head Coach
And1: 2,992

Post#151 » by Teen Girl Squad » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:12 pm

What I find fascinating is the fervor in which people insist that Rose is without question the MVP. I can't remember the last time people were so feverishly adamant about one guy who wasn't a runaway winner. It reminds me a bit of Nash's first MVP where the team significantly exceeded preseason expectations and the best player (Rose in this case) becomes the defacto reason why. Dwight does more for his team than Rose does IMO, and you could even make the argument for Dirk. But Rose is the landslide favorite seemingly because that's the story and once the story is written, people don't like to change it.
TheAdmiral
RealGM
And1: 1,213

Post#152 » by TheAdmiral » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:14 pm

Teen Girl Squad wrote:What I find fascinating is the fervor in which people insist that Rose is without question the MVP.

To me, he's not without question the MVP. While I believe Rose is the frontrunner, Dwight and Dirk are very much still in the race. As is Kobe if his team manages to win 60 games.
D-31 wrote:again..all of u Jordan fans are caught up in his scoring accolades and fail to realize that he was a lousy basketball player.

Jordan never fully understood basketball. He had the lowest basketball IQ of any NBA "superstar" in history.
blumeany
RealGM
And1: 2,551

Post#153 » by blumeany » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:19 pm

Honestly, there's too much talent in the NBA to call anyone the 'runaway' MVP. It *should* be close every year. Also, every year you are going to have candidates that are hyped. Do you honestly think any past winners weren't overhyped as well?

Look, Rose is the frontrunner right now because he and the Bulls are the hottest damn team in the NBA right now. In addition, it seems like any time a team beats them or someone criticizes them Rose and the Bulls have answered back. There hasn't really been any point in the season where the Bulls have hit a lull. They've gotten better and better. So has Rose. He's done more and more and been more and more impressive as the season goes on.

So yes, Kobe, Howard, Lebron, Wade, Dirk, all spectacular players and all should be contenders. But right now, until someone stops him, Rose is on top of the pile.
2024: Maybe there's some hope?
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#154 » by LLcoleJ » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:22 pm

Again, There is an MVP thread that is sticky'd at the top of the forum. Please don't create more of the same.

In addition, those who want to contribute to threads like this in a baiting, trolling nature will find themselves warned, suspended and ultimately banned from this site.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags

Return to The General Board