The Award For Worst Article Of The Year Goes To...

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Greatness
RealGM
And1: 4,535

Re: The Award For Worst Article Of The Year Goes To... 

Post#21 » by Greatness » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:49 am

People hatin on the OP and thread for no reason
Mid-Range J
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#22 » by Mid-Range J » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:50 am

SlavaMedvedenko wrote:Didn't Bill Simmons write something similar in one of his columns or was it someone else? This isn't even original if I recall correctly. :lol:

What Bill Simmons also thinks Daniels was responsible? Surely he is being sarcastic unlike this writer!
"We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As general manager,
I just can't figure out where else to play"

Magic GM, Pat Williams
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#23 » by DusterBuster » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:57 am

And now you know not to expect the internet to do things......

Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Beith Kogans
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#24 » by Beith Kogans » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:58 am

jacobsjavitz wrote:
ChristinaBosh1 wrote:Image
Beith Kogans wrote:Image
Beith Kogans wrote:
ChristinaBosh1 wrote:Image

pissants

relax..
Cavemold
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#25 » by Cavemold » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:00 am

DusterBuster wrote:And now you know not to expect the internet to do things......

:)
MitchSlapped
Starter
And1: 32

Post#26 » by MitchSlapped » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:04 am

Damn you Marquis for your spinal cord injury. How selfish of you!
rocketsballin
RealGM
And1: 354

Post#27 » by rocketsballin » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:04 am

Mid-Range J wrote:
roxfashoballin wrote:future reference to the OP - when you post an article about a scrub that no one cares about, plz summarize the article. who in their right mind would wanna read 2 pages of an article about a scrub? lol? "ohh hells yeah, i just found FIVE ARTICLES ON STEVE NOVAK!!! i can read this all day man, i CANNOT FRIGGIN WAIT!!!" <BR itxtNodeId="842"><BR itxtNodeId="841">:(

Dude you need to read 3 paragraphs. After which it becomes apparent that the author insinuates that Marquis Daniels is the reason Perkins was traded, is the reason the Celtics are losing and is the reason the Celtics might not make it back to the finals. He also implies all celtic fans are resentful at him.

So rather than complaining that 'we don't want to read about a scrub' understand that is my very point in posting the article. Daniels freak accident is not a factor in any of this and he is exactly that a meaningless scrub that has no impact at all on the situation.

I don't think its that hard..

think of it like this. players like kobe, durant, bron - they all get max contract. guys like daniels, sam young, etc, they get small contract. translate that into reading an article about them. kobe deserves to all his articles read top to bottom. but someone like daniels (lol) shouldnt even have an article written about him in the first place. life is too short to read articles about scrubs /greenfont

i'm not surprised the worst article of the year goes to an article about marquies daniels.
Mid-Range J
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#28 » by Mid-Range J » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:23 am

It does make you ask yourself if Marquis was anywhere round the place when tupac went down!
"We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As general manager,
I just can't figure out where else to play"

Magic GM, Pat Williams
Malfa
Junior
And1: 139

Post#29 » by Malfa » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:49 am

yogimvp
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,927

Post#30 » by yogimvp » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:05 am

what is this? a library?

BJ43
Banned User
And1: 33

Post#31 » by BJ43 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:38 am

Beith Kogans wrote:Image

Looks like 50% Perkins and 50% Fat Baby Davis
King Of The 4th
Head Coach
And1: 7,341

Post#32 » by King Of The 4th » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:19 pm

What's wrong with the article? The Marquis Daniels injury IS the reason why the trade went down. Without Daniels, we didn't have a single backup SF on our roster and Danny couldn't find a single other SF that he could get without giving up a big piece.

If you think Celtics are blaming Marquis Daniels for getting injured, then you read the article wrong. We're blaming the injury itself and our bad luck.
MetalFingaz wrote:Clearly he was trying to go off the backboard to the ghost of Rik Smits, but he forget Rik was still alive and that ghosts can't dunk.

KDBG wrote:I want to kill Jamal Crawford. Murder his 80 year old a$$. But he is probably a cool guy in real life.
King Of Wang
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#33 » by King Of Wang » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:40 pm

Rondo To KG wrote:What's wrong with the article? The Marquis Daniels injury IS the reason why the trade went down. Without Daniels, we didn't have a single backup SF on our roster and Danny couldn't find a single other SF that he could get without giving up a big piece.

If you think Celtics are blaming Marquis Daniels for getting injured, then you read the article wrong. We're blaming the injury itself and our bad luck.

this

/thread
ropjhk
RealGM
And1: 10,532

Post#34 » by ropjhk » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:33 pm

This thread got hijacked really badly over a subject that could have actually merited real discussion.

It's not the worst article. The point of the article isn't even about analyzing how the Daniels injury could be the spark that ignited the Celtics downfall (which by the way could very well be true, contrary to the OP's opinion).
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,638

Post#35 » by DuckIII » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:41 pm

Rondo To KG wrote:What's wrong with the article? The Marquis Daniels injury IS the reason why the trade went down. Without Daniels, we didn't have a single backup SF on our roster and Danny couldn't find a single other SF that he could get without giving up a big piece.

I'm not a Celtics fan, so I don't know the ins and outs of what the motivations are. But if, in fact, the Celtics traded away Kendrick Perkins because they were worried about the quality of their reserve small forward, then someone needs to give Danny Ainge a pink slip followed by a beat down.

Every national media article I read said that the Celtics did it because they new Perkins was ghost this summer and was trying to get something for him while they could and figured, since they had Shaq, they'd try to get someone to fill the Posey role from 2008. Hence, Green.

But the catalyst there is the inability to come to terms with Perkins, not the injury to Daniels. Hence, I'd agree that the article sucks.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,638

Post#36 » by DuckIII » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:43 pm

ropjhk wrote:This thread got hijacked really badly over a subject that could have actually merited real discussion.

It's not the worst article. The point of the article isn't even about analyzing how the Daniels injury could be the spark that ignited the Celtics downfall (which by the way could very well be true, contrary to the OP's opinion).

I agree. The article does appear to suck, but the thread, through no fault of the OP, sucks considerably worse.

The whys and whats of the Perkins trade are worth discussing considering that no trade this season (or in most seasons, frankly) had such a dramatic impact on the conference championship races for both conferences.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#37 » by Mamba Venom » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:44 pm

Last time I checked Perkins was Danny Ainge's decision.
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
GameOver25
RealGM
And1: 5,719

Post#38 » by GameOver25 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:54 pm

Well if that's the case Celtic fans should be even more pissed that T. Allen left.
zulu
Banned User
And1: 5

Post#39 » by zulu » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:00 pm

I don't get why reading is not cool anymore. All those people posting those pics probably haven't read a book in the past 5 years. What a bunch of turds. So being stupid and ignorant is cool now? Wow you guys are so cool for not reading 3 freaking paragraphs.
KingoftheCastle
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#40 » by KingoftheCastle » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:01 pm

I really wish the mods would crack down on these people that add nothing to the thread, just post stupid gifs. Seriously, what's your goal there?

Return to The General Board