Kobe's emotions

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 41,108

Re: Kobe's emotions 

Post#61 » by Sedale Threatt » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:28 pm

I work at a newspaper, bro. We have some sort of device that cranks out really nice laminated pictures, so one of the guys had one done up. It isn't worth nearly what I paid for it, but it's a great shot. Maybe we can work out an exchange like the Kareem jersey! Or I could just give it to you as a wedding gift.
breaker91
Starter
And1: 1

Post#62 » by breaker91 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:31 pm

I guess having Sasha as a team mate and BFF for all these years rubbed off on Kobe?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5XroW3nGXQ[/youtube]
"The brownies are good for me to make three-points.'' -Rudy Fernandez
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#63 » by semi-sentient » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:52 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:I work at a newspaper, bro. We have some sort of device that cranks out really nice laminated pictures, so one of the guys had one done up. It isn't worth nearly what I paid for it, but it's a great shot. Maybe we can work out an exchange like the Kareem jersey! Or I could just give it to you as a wedding gift.

lol... we'll see. I consider that Kareem jersey a Christmas, birthday, wedding, and house warming gift -- and then some. The way I see it I owe you. ;) I do have a Shaq rookie card laying around somewhere (should be sealed and in near mint condition) that you can have if you're interested (no exchange needed, I'm not much of a card collector anymore). Would look nice inside one of your jersey cases.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,767

Post#64 » by snaquille oatmeal » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:54 pm

rewill17 wrote:
Atmanne wrote:I see you've graduated from the Bill Simmons school of body language. Congratulations.

Lol but I'm not a Kobe hater, I just think he needs stop acting like every loss is the end of the world.

dudes worst loss was Celtics game 6 in'08 and you think a loss to the Hornets in the first round shook him to his core? next time wait until he actually cries before opening a thread about Kobe crying. :lol:
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 41,108

Post#65 » by Sedale Threatt » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:57 pm

semi-sentient wrote:The way I see it I owe you. ;)

No way, dude. Those tickets were expensive. Plus, I had an extra, and I never would have gotten equal value back on e-bay, so I was more than happy to give it to someone who I knew would enjoy it.

If you want a Dirk Nowitzki jersey and/or a forged Patrick Ewing ball, I can give you those, too.
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#66 » by semi-sentient » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:05 pm

Hmmm, a Dirk jersey? I'd be interested in that. I don't know what I could possibly give you in return though. Would you be interested in a Mark McGwire rookie card, which just might be worth a bucket of piss at this point? lol... I really don't know what that would be worth (sadly, I paid $200+ for that damn card before the steroids stuff kicked off), but I just completely got out of baseball in the late 90's and don't plan on doing anything with it. You can have that and the Shaq card if interested. :P

I'll let you know next time I'm in SA. There's a good possibility that I'll be in town this Saturday (wife will be out of town == party time), and that just happens to coincide with a potential game 7 vs. the Hornets.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
kobeaki
Veteran
And1: 6

Post#67 » by kobeaki » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:09 pm

KEGster wrote:
iki4life wrote:i dont get the 'gist' of this thread

Kobe is a **** team mate

Story of Kobe's career

steve kerr's nose says hi!!
ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature

XuDa wrote:Magic, Bird and the other 80#s HOF'ers were holding the league back and stunting it's development big time.

:lol:
kobeaki
Veteran

Post#68 » by kobeaki » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:12 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:I work at a newspaper, bro. We have some sort of device that cranks out really nice laminated pictures, so one of the guys had one done up. It isn't worth nearly what I paid for it, but it's a great shot. Maybe we can work out an exchange like the Kareem jersey! Or I could just give it to you as a wedding gift.

my first anniversary is may 15th!!!!

XuDa wrote:Magic, Bird and the other 80#s HOF'ers were holding the league back and stunting it's development big time.

rrrrrrr
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#69 » by rrrrrrr » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:13 pm

This topic is pretty hilaribad.

And I would rather have an emotional leader that my team can feed off of than a stone-faced, unphased one that never shows any emotions ever.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Post#70 » by KevinMcreynolds » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:27 pm

He cries to the refs after every shot. That's his only real issue.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
kobeaki
Veteran

Post#71 » by kobeaki » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:37 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:He cries to the refs after every shot. That's his only real issue.

oh joanie , joanie , joanie...yr right though its annoying, just lightly less so than how refs handicap kobe against its competition...dude does get hacked alot...

G35
RealGM
And1: 7,802

Post#72 » by G35 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:42 pm

I use to pride myself on not showing emotion and not losing my cool. But as I have gotten older and being in situations where you have to be in charge/lead people that doesn't work for a lot of people. I would say most people need their leader to show some type of emotion. I don't know why but I suppose it shows them that they care. Doing the Mr. Spock routine rubs people the wrong way.

In fact I remember Duncan getting accused of being scared and shook on the bench at the end of one the games in the Pistons-Spurs finals series. They said he had this blank look on his face like he was shellshocked. Of course that wasn't true either. Duncan and the Spurs ended up winning the series and showing that one style of leadership isn't necessarily better or worse.....
I'm so tired of the typical......
SauceOnRice
Senior
And1: 32

Post#73 » by SauceOnRice » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:06 am

The tank keeps on rolling...
Actus Reus
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#74 » by Actus Reus » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:26 am

Jeff23 wrote:one of the worst threads i've seen in quite a while.
big_ticket
Analyst
And1: 208

Post#75 » by big_ticket » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:11 am

mepatrick wrote:Image

Return to The General Board