Who is this legend, Zach Randolph?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

BULLZ1LLA
Rookie
And1: 0

Re: Who is this legend, Zach Randolph? 

Post#41 » by BULLZ1LLA » Sun May 1, 2011 11:55 pm

(No matter what though I will never trade Boozer from my NBA2k11 Bulls team. I keep it real all the way, except for Jordan at SG instead of Bogans)
Wilford Brimley
Banned User
And1: 81

Post#42 » by Wilford Brimley » Mon May 2, 2011 1:15 am

bruta1 wrote:Memphis is the reason for Zach's resurgance. Him and the city are meant for each other. You see this guy clubbing everywhere. It's like a utopia of tatted up hoochies, and he's their Elvis. After 10 years, I'm glad Zach's found a place to settle.

I've heard this a few times. For someone who has never been to Memphis, what exactly does it mean?
BobbyBuckets
Sixth Man
And1: 9

Post#43 » by BobbyBuckets » Mon May 2, 2011 1:59 am

Wilford Brimley wrote:
bruta1 wrote:Memphis is the reason for Zach's resurgance. Him and the city are meant for each other. You see this guy clubbing everywhere. It's like a utopia of tatted up hoochies, and he's their Elvis. After 10 years, I'm glad Zach's found a place to settle.

I've heard this a few times. For someone who has never been to Memphis, what exactly does it mean?

Memphis, at the moment, is a lot like Chicago's Southside, except when they tore down the projects, there was no relocation plan. So the city is like a jigsaw puzzle of decent neighborhoods mixed with hot spots. Most higher income folks moved out to the suburbs, leaving the inner city's economy to deal with the loss of business. It doesn't help either that there's no state income tax in Tennesse, so maintenance and construction haven't been much of a focus. A team like the Grizzlies injecting some revenue back into the city should help some, but this city's got work to do.
nyczlegacy
Analyst
And1: 783

Post#44 » by nyczlegacy » Mon May 2, 2011 2:04 am

being on the knicks during those dark times kind of ruined his image for a while... now that he's on a winning team people realize him for the player he is
god shammgod wrote:didn't watch a minute. it feels good. might not watch more than a game or two for the rest of the season. there's nothing to see. our best player is a midget g-leaguer.
xRapHeadx
Lead Assistant
And1: 124

Post#45 » by xRapHeadx » Mon May 2, 2011 2:08 am

Clubbing everywhere? Stop it. Memphis' nightlife is pretty mediocre including Beale...
Coxy wrote:Well, that is very true indeed. Weed and playstation is like peas and carrotts.
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#46 » by basketball royalty » Mon May 2, 2011 2:11 am

bruta1 wrote:
Wilford Brimley wrote:

Memphis, at the moment, is a lot like Chicago's Southside, except when they tore down the projects, there was no relocation plan. So the city is like a jigsaw puzzle of decent neighborhoods mixed with hot spots. Most higher income folks moved out to the suburbs, leaving the inner city's economy to deal with the loss of business. It doesn't help either that there's no state income tax in Tennesse, so maintenance and construction haven't been much of a focus. A team like the Grizzlies injecting some revenue back into the city should help some, but this city's got work to do.

I don't know about Memphis much either but I figured it was because they have a lot of restaurants that serve deep fried mars bars or something like that.

props to Turbozone for the sig

Return to The General Board