Poll Eastern Conference Finals: Heat vs Bulls

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who will win the Eastern Conference Finals?

Heat 4
5%
Heat 5
16%
Heat 6
34%
Heat 7
2%
Bulls 4
5%
Bulls 5
2%
Bulls 6
15%
Bulls 7
21%

Total votes: 194

MrChicago
Senior
And1: 1

Re: Poll Eastern Conference Finals: Heat vs Bulls 

Post#41 » by MrChicago » Fri May 13, 2011 3:29 pm

It's goin 7
Bled
Sixth Man
And1: 261

Post#42 » by Bled » Fri May 13, 2011 3:32 pm

I chose Heat in 5 but I think it will really be in 6. Gonna be a good matchup regardless. I wouldnt be surprised if Chicago wins however.
AfricanSensation
Head Coach
And1: 294

Post#43 » by AfricanSensation » Fri May 13, 2011 3:42 pm

Basically it's a split between what people think will happen and hope will hapen. Bulls voters have it in 7 maybe 6, knowing that a Bulls victory will be a strch but they still dream, Heat voters have it in 5, 6 max! Personally I would be shocked to see the Bulls win.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,634

Post#44 » by DuckIII » Fri May 13, 2011 3:53 pm

As a Bulls fan, I have the Heat in 6. Just so you know where I'm coming from before I say more. Now:

Eshai wrote:Chalmers, Wade, and LeBron are going to shut down Rose

That is literally not possible. He cannot be shut down. He's too good.

And the Bulls defense is going to look average at best trying to guard both LeBron and Wade.

That won't happen either. The Bulls have (a) the best defense in the NBA and (b) the defense best suited to defend those two players.

I do think the Heat's collective talent will prevail. But it won't transpire in a way even close to what you've described.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
te887848
Starter
And1: 644

Post#45 » by te887848 » Fri May 13, 2011 4:23 pm

Chalmers, Wade and LeBron are going to get scorched by Rose - he's probably the most athletic player in the league. None of those guys have a prayer guarding him one on one. Deng, Brewer, Bogans will shut down Wade and LeBron.
Prop
Veteran
And1: 34

Post#46 » by Prop » Fri May 13, 2011 4:41 pm

rose will get his points but i'm not sure why people are just assuming he's gonna have an easy time doing it. through 2 rounds, he's only shooting at around 42%...and that was against worse defensive teams than miami.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,634

Post#47 » by DuckIII » Fri May 13, 2011 4:42 pm

te887848 wrote:Chalmers, Wade and LeBron are going to get scorched by Rose - he's probably the most athletic player in the league. None of those guys have a prayer guarding him one on one. Deng, Brewer, Bogans will shut down Wade and LeBron.

It works both ways. No one is shutting down any of those three players. Guys like that don't get shut down. The winning comes from other things.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,898

Post#48 » by biggestbullsfan » Fri May 13, 2011 4:44 pm

I can honestly say I feel like the Bulls in 6.

Every series before thios played to our weakness. Rose hasnt been good on D and the PG we have seen have gave us trouble. And we have had trouble with Bigs. So we struggled against Hilbert. And Lights out shooting so we struggled against ATL some. But Our game is meant to beat Mia offense. Our Wings defense is our strongest atribute. We will rebound crazy. Our Bigs will not only kill but they will shut down the lane on drives (Everyone outside of Boozer). We have just too much of an advantage.

Mia are still the favorites but thats only if Lebron and Wade play for 75 for 4 straight games. Having the big three only score wont work against us.We are better than any team they have faced and they havent beat us yet.

Oh and FYI, when Lebron tried to hold Rose in the season, he got torched. Take note.
te887848
Starter
And1: 644

Post#49 » by te887848 » Fri May 13, 2011 4:46 pm

Rose's 42 FG% is simply a result of taking way too many 3's, or in other words, an inability at this point in his career to realize that it's not smart for a player with his skillset and athleticism to be shooting the lowest percentage shot in the game as much as he does.

It has nothing to do with him "struggling" against opposing players/defenses. If he really wants to, he can cut down on the unnecessary 3-pt attempts and get much higher percentage shots and there's nothing Wade, LeBron or Chalmers can do about it.
nitric0
RealGM
And1: 1,352

Post#50 » by nitric0 » Fri May 13, 2011 4:51 pm

Bulls continue to play to their competition. Bulls in 7, if they don't Heat in 6
“We were right there with them. We dominated for most of the game, but then Derrick Rose happened.” - Al Horford
XSnipes
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#51 » by XSnipes » Fri May 13, 2011 4:54 pm

If anybody can shut down Rose it's the Heat. With their help defense and extraordinary talent they are going to make Rose make tons of mistakes. He isn't as good as people seem to think. I expect to see plenty of Rose turnovers.
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,898

Post#52 » by biggestbullsfan » Fri May 13, 2011 4:59 pm

XSnipes wrote:If anybody can shut down Rose it's the Heat. With their help defense and extraordinary talent they are going to make Rose make tons of mistakes. He isn't as good as people seem to think. I expect to see plenty of Rose turnovers.

They have Rose and Lebron. Bosh has been pretty forgettable all playoffs. If the rest of the team doesnt step up i think its a quick series for Chicago. We have been getting our act together. I think we win this series.
Prop
Veteran
And1: 34

Post#53 » by Prop » Fri May 13, 2011 5:07 pm

te887848 wrote:Rose's 42 FG% is simply a result of taking way too many 3's, or in other words, an inability at this point in his career to realize that it's not smart for a player with his skillset and athleticism to be shooting the lowest percentage shot in the game as much as he does.

It has nothing to do with him "struggling" against opposing players/defenses. If he really wants to, he can cut down on the unnecessary 3-pt attempts and get much higher percentage shots and there's nothing Wade, LeBron or Chalmers can do about it.

look, we all know that nobody can stay in front of rose, we get it. but are we really gonna act like he just didn't feel like being efficient? come on now.

i think the bulls' wing defense is a bit overstated. bron has put up big numbers (31/7/6/48%) against deng over his career and i dunno the numbers for wade vs. bogans but i don't see him stopping wade or even playing enough minutes to really shut him down or anything. the bulls' great team defense is the key, not the individual defenders.
osamu
Starter
And1: 249

Post#54 » by osamu » Fri May 13, 2011 5:38 pm

te887848 wrote:Chalmers, Wade and LeBron are going to get scorched by Rose - he's probably the most athletic player in the league. None of those guys have a prayer guarding him one on one. Deng, Brewer, Bogans will shut down Wade and LeBron.

:lol:
osamu
Starter
And1: 249

Post#55 » by osamu » Fri May 13, 2011 5:40 pm

Prop wrote:rose will get his points but i'm not sure why people are just assuming he's gonna have an easy time doing it. through 2 rounds, he's only shooting at around 42%...and that was against worse defensive teams than miami.
cool007
RealGM
And1: 3,104

Post#56 » by cool007 » Fri May 13, 2011 5:51 pm

osamu wrote:
Prop wrote:rose will get his points but i'm not sure why people are just assuming he's gonna have an easy time doing it. through 2 rounds, he's only shooting at around 42%...and that was against worse defensive teams than miami.

And people are gonna totally ignore the couple of games where he played with Bum ankle. Especially in game #4 vs Pacers.

If you take out that game he is shooting about 44% from the field and about 55% TS% - hardly inefficient.

Vs Hawks, he has been shooting 45% and about 56% TS% again, hardly inefficient.

Rose averaged 30ppg 4rpg 10apg on 45% FG 56% TS% vs Hawks. How many PGs can do that?
Uptown Report
Sophomore

Post#57 » by Uptown Report » Fri May 13, 2011 5:51 pm

biggestbullsfan wrote:
XSnipes wrote:If anybody can shut down Rose it's the Heat. With their help defense and extraordinary talent they are going to make Rose make tons of mistakes. He isn't as good as people seem to think. I expect to see plenty of Rose turnovers.

They have Rose and Lebron. Bosh has been pretty forgettable all playoffs. If the rest of the team doesnt step up i think its a quick series for Chicago. We have been getting our act together. I think we win this series.

Just the opposite. The guy is averaging 16 and 10, outplayed KG in 4 of 5 games, and made some pretty MEMORABLE plays in that series.

HARDLY "forgettable".
cool007
RealGM

Post#58 » by cool007 » Fri May 13, 2011 5:52 pm

Uptown Report wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:

Just the opposite. The guy is averaging 16 and 10, outplayed KG in 4 of 5 games, and made some pretty MEMORABLE plays in that series.

HARDLY "forgettable".

Yeah, I don't get that either. Bosh has definitely played 10x better than anything Boozer has given us in this playoffs.

I would pick Bosh over Boozer any day.
Uptown Report
Sophomore

Post#59 » by Uptown Report » Fri May 13, 2011 5:54 pm

cool007 wrote:
Rose averaged 30ppg 4rpg 10apg on 45% FG 56% TS% vs Hawks. How many PGs can do that?

Wade averaged 30.2 ppg 6.8 rpg 4.8 apg on 53% FG vs the Celtics. How many Human beings can do that?

Anyway, Wade plays point guard in the 4th quarter...so he kinda qualifies.
cool007
RealGM

Post#60 » by cool007 » Fri May 13, 2011 6:02 pm

Uptown Report wrote:
cool007 wrote:

Wade averaged 30.2 ppg 6.8 rpg 4.8 apg on 53% FG vs the Celtics. How many Human beings can do that?

Anyway, Wade plays point guard in the 4th quarter...so he kinda qualifies.

No-one questions D-Wade. Everyone know that he is easily a top 2 or top 3 player in the NBA today.

The question was about Rose and how inefficient he was etc.

Return to The General Board