Pippen: Boozer a liability

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Miamis3rdRing
Banned User
And1: 131

Pippen: Boozer a liability 

Post#1 » by Miamis3rdRing » Sat May 28, 2011 11:04 pm

"You can’t hide at this stage of the season. At this point, you have to be able to play through everything because if you’re trying to hide a guy or a guy is not performing for you, it’s going to show offensively in the playoffs and it’s going to be magnified. We all know Carlos did not play at the level the team needed him to and that that hurt them more than anything because they couldn’t rely on him.

The flagrant foul, the pushing calls, the inability to finish strong around the basket. Now you’re a liability. We can’t hide you and now we have to take you out of the game."

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2 ... nt-advance

Damn, Scottie going all in on Boozer.

Edit:
This isn't the first time Pippen has called out Boozer either. Back in April, Scottie had these comments -

Chicago legend Scottie Pippen called out Carlos Boozer in the Chicago Sun Times for not being that man.

‘‘They’ve all got two legs and two arms,’’ the six-time NBA champion said. ‘‘You’ve got Carlos Boozer out there who’s spending fouls and a lot of his fouls are not needed at the time that he’s giving them. Those could be hard fouls. Those could be fouls that you knock a [Darren] Collison to the floor, you knock a [Jeff] Foster to the floor.

‘‘Utilize your fouls and make them more valuable for you and your team.’’

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketba ... ankle.html
tedwilliams1999
Veteran
And1: 1,787

Re: Pippen: Boozer a liability 

Post#2 » by tedwilliams1999 » Sat May 28, 2011 11:07 pm

I completely agree with Pippen.
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,386

Post#3 » by Vertical Limit » Sat May 28, 2011 11:07 pm

Doesn't this guy work for the Bulls? Sheesh.
MacGill
Veteran
And1: 466

Post#4 » by MacGill » Sat May 28, 2011 11:09 pm

Although I agree with him, I think Pippen needs to keep these comments for closed doors or should have given Boozer the 'pep' talk while Chicago was still in the series.
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,961

Post#5 » by SweetTouch » Sat May 28, 2011 11:09 pm

Boozer has a lot of Mo Williams in him

Nice offensive game, but he keeps the other team in the game with his defense
Stop being so disrespectful.
Black Feet
Sixth Man
And1: 115

Post#6 » by Black Feet » Sat May 28, 2011 11:10 pm

Pippen is right about this one, Boozer was a terrible signing by the Bulls.
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,314

Post#7 » by JordansBulls » Sat May 28, 2011 11:12 pm

You can't have your highest paid player on the bench in the 4th.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#8 » by Dupp » Sat May 28, 2011 11:15 pm

I didnt read the whole article just the OP but first and foremost he was a HUGE defensive liability.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#9 » by kamaze » Sat May 28, 2011 11:16 pm

Black Feet wrote:Pippen is right about this one, Boozer was a terrible signing by the Bulls.

JordansBulls wrote:You can't have your highest paid player on the bench in the 4th.

Now I understand what people said about him in the West dude just doesn't have it for the playoffs.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,961

Post#10 » by SweetTouch » Sat May 28, 2011 11:16 pm

There were times though that I looked at Boozer and he was looking like he wished he was back with Deron and got them easy looks
Stop being so disrespectful.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,309

Post#11 » by coldfish » Sat May 28, 2011 11:17 pm

Boozer was really bad this year for Chicago. First off, he gets injured in a very questionable accident to miss the first part of the season. He then comes in and plays pretty well for about 8 weeks and then completely tanks. All the while, he was basically the only guy who didn't try on defense.

Bulls fans expected him to be bad on defense. We expected him to get injured. We even thought that he would have trouble beating double teams. His problems exceeded that. He didn't set screens, was inconsistent with his jumper and was nearly incapable of finishing in traffic. The only thing he did well is rebound.
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#12 » by boogydown » Sat May 28, 2011 11:17 pm

More like Boozer "was a liability".

Boozer was clearly helping the Bulls pre injury. People need to get off his back. The guy may have to have surgery on his foot to repair his bone. Noah also sucked and he clearly isn't a liability long term for this team.

If anyone can bounce back next year, no reason it can't be Boozer.
boogydown
Banned User

Post#13 » by boogydown » Sat May 28, 2011 11:20 pm

kamaze wrote:Now I understand what people said about him in the West dude just doesn't have it for the playoffs.

Yes because Boozer has played so poorly in the playoffs prior to this season, right?

Boozer Playoff Stats
2006-2007: 23.5 PPG - 12.2 RPG - 53.6% FG
2008-2009: 20.6 PPG - 13.2 RPG - 52.8% FG
2009-2010: 19.7 PPG - 13.2 RPG - 53.0% FG
2010-2011: 12.6 PPG - 9.7 RPG - 43.3% FG

Need to stop listening to people and look at the facts.
Miamis3rdRing
Banned User
And1: 131

Post#14 » by Miamis3rdRing » Sat May 28, 2011 11:21 pm

Edit - Gonna add to this post in a while.
Tubal
Rookie
And1: 38

Post#15 » by Tubal » Sat May 28, 2011 11:22 pm

boogydown wrote:More like Boozer "was a liability".

Boozer was clearly helping the Bulls pre injury. People need to get off his back. The guy may have to have surgery on his foot to repair his bone. Noah also sucked and he clearly isn't a liability long term for this team.

Except this has been Boozer's MO since the Jazz signed him. No reason to think he'll change next yeat.

I was surprised Chicago fans were so excited about the Boozer signing.

He'll give you 20/10 most nights (if he's not injured, which is he very often), but he plays no D, and doesn't step up in the playoffs.
boogydown
Banned User

Post#16 » by boogydown » Sat May 28, 2011 11:23 pm

Tubal wrote:

Except this has been Boozer's MO since the Jazz signed him. No reason to think he'll change next yeat.

I was surprised Chicago fans were so excited about the Boozer signing.

He'll give you 20/10 most nights (if he's not injured, which is he very often), but he plays no D, and doesn't step up in the playoffs.

Wrong.

Read my 1st page post.

Quit arguing against the facts.
MacGill
Veteran
And1: 466

Post#17 » by MacGill » Sat May 28, 2011 11:24 pm

coldfish wrote:Boozer was really bad this year for Chicago. First off, he gets injured in a very questionable accident to miss the first part of the season. He then comes in and plays pretty well for about 8 weeks and then completely tanks. All the while, he was basically the only guy who didn't try on defense.

Bulls fans expected him to be bad on defense. We expected him to get injured. We even thought that he would have trouble beating double teams. His problems exceeded that. He didn't set screens, was inconsistent with his jumper and was nearly incapable of finishing in traffic. The only thing he did well is rebound.

A little of topic

I haven't really dug around for any discussion on this but Noah to me looked a little off from what I was used to seeing. This may have already been discussed and no ignorance meant by this but wondering if your board felt Noah had enough time to recover from his injury or were people (even me) expecting more than what he could give in that series because of it?
Bobbcats
Assistant Coach
And1: 477

Post#18 » by Bobbcats » Sat May 28, 2011 11:25 pm

SMH at "Boozer is always bad in playoffs" theme. Never seen a player get less credit for something than the Jazz's WCF run. That was mostly Boozer's doing. Deron played pretty poorly until the Spurs series where they got stomped.

Say what you want about Boozer this year but he played great that year no matter how you bad folks want to erase it for some reason.
HootieRules
Veteran
And1: 82

Post#19 » by HootieRules » Sat May 28, 2011 11:29 pm

Really don't understand why Pippen is doing this? Bulls are a shooting guard away. Everyone has known this for a while. They tried to get one at the deadline but the offers were crap so they're going to get a quality one this offseason. The piling-on to one playoff series after the year the Bulls had is dumb.
DrewBynum77
Lead Assistant
And1: 322

Post#20 » by DrewBynum77 » Sat May 28, 2011 11:29 pm

Boozer was clearly helping the Bulls pre injury.

In the pre-season / summer camp?

Return to The General Board