Heat-Mavericks Game 1 draws best ratings in seven years

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

mh_3
Senior
And1: 167

Re: Heat-Mavericks Game 1 draws best ratings in seven years 

Post#21 » by mh_3 » Thu Jun 2, 2011 1:52 am

Chris435 wrote:
celtics792244 wrote:I think the more interesting thing would be... what are the ratings once it is determined by the viewer that the game is over with still time on the clock. I certainly shut it off before that steriod freak started posing and making a bigger jackass out of himself... No ESPN for me, nope. Like to know the ratings for these stations after a Heat win. I'm sure they aren't quite as thrilled as ABC.

And how about JVG and Jackson.... "I don't understand the hatred" crap? Both looking for jobs in league taking players side?! And the halftime interview with Wade?! I must have called him and 'Bron bleeping p-word at least 500-600 times out loud throughout the course of the game. What a sham.

While the normal reaction of GMs that have superstars with expiring contracts (ORL and CLE for example) is try to surround players with good talent... what did Miami (Wade) do? Trade for expiring contracts with less talent. Not exactly the thing to do when trying to convince your superstar to stay. It's almost as if they knew.... (definate sarcasm here) that wuss 1 and 2 were coming. Then Riley gets co EOY?!! Sham. The league is trying to sell us a bag of @#$%. The spin control is on full blast with that award, the Wade interview, and 2 'unbiased' commentators. Garbage. Just like these three non competitive players..... sorry cHeat fans, no love, no respect, ever.

wow, i cosign this. preach on man.

I love how people actually waste their time on this planet hating my beloved team. The team I grew up loving. I feel like a proud father :')
easiestplayfts
Starter
And1: 43

Post#22 » by easiestplayfts » Thu Jun 2, 2011 1:57 am

celtics792244 wrote:I think the more interesting thing would be... what are the ratings once it is determined by the viewer that the game is over with still time on the clock. I certainly shut it off before that steriod freak started posing and making a bigger jackass out of himself... No ESPN for me, nope. Like to know the ratings for these stations after a Heat win. I'm sure they aren't quite as thrilled as ABC.

And how about JVG and Jackson.... "I don't understand the hatred" crap? Both looking for jobs in league taking players side?! And the halftime interview with Wade?! I must have called him and 'Bron bleeping p-word at least 500-600 times out loud throughout the course of the game. What a sham.

While the normal reaction of GMs that have superstars with expiring contracts (ORL and CLE for example) is try to surround players with good talent... what did Miami (Wade) do? Trade for expiring contracts with less talent. Not exactly the thing to do when trying to convince your superstar to stay. It's almost as if they knew.... (definate sarcasm here) that wuss 1 and 2 were coming. Then Riley gets co EOY?!! Sham. The league is trying to sell us a bag of @#$%. The spin control is on full blast with that award, the Wade interview, and 2 'unbiased' commentators. Garbage. Just like these three non competitive players..... sorry cHeat fans, no love, no respect, ever.

Thanks for keeping it real bro.....
305rob305
Sophomore
And1: 26

Re: Re: Heat-Mavericks Game 1 draws best ratings in seven ye 

Post#23 » by 305rob305 » Thu Jun 2, 2011 1:59 am

defjux21 wrote:I actually ended up falling asleep not too long after tipoff and woke up with 2 mins left in the game.

It was truly a boring game I felt.

I'm a heat fan and I also fell asleep during halftime and woke up with 2min left in the game... By then the heat were winning by 10 and ended up winning by 8. Funny, I also think it was boring but I just don't say it...Hahaha
celtics792244
Rookie
And1: 794

Post#24 » by celtics792244 » Thu Jun 2, 2011 2:08 am

Maybe we should consider building our little self esteem on our own instead of going to the local foot locker and getting our little wussie #3 jersey and strapping it to our little chicken hawk chest, eh? :P

Hey, Wade and Lebron are extremely talented. No arguement. But the overall NBA product stinks because the way this went down. Without inside knowledge, this wouldn't have gone down. Riley would have gotten talent when he could (thus eliminating cap space) to keep his superstar happy.

We are consumers and this product stinks. If I'm an owner, I'm locking these players out for as long as I can. As an owner, I'm looking at it saying to myself 'we have no chance, especially when their players get 5 steps and 'never' foul. It's over even before it begins, why commit and shell out millions of dollars when I'm not making a profit? Make the players union understand why they are locked out so they can all 'thank' Lefraud and wade for their unemployment. Put an end to players calling the shots and put a competitive balance back into the league. Hell, I would suggest that the other 29 owners agree to keep the lock out on and force Miami to make a trade. And you know which one would go. It would no longer be Wade country.
The reason these players live a country club lifestyle after their playing days, is because of us, the consumer. This is a total slap in the face of every other club in this league. Lock them out and waste these two chumps careers.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,093

Post#25 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Thu Jun 2, 2011 2:12 am

celtics792244 wrote:Maybe we should consider building our little self esteem on our own instead of going to the local foot locker and getting our little wussie #3 jersey and strapping it to our little chicken hawk chest, eh? :P

Hey, Wade and Lebron are extremely talented. No arguement. But the overall NBA product stinks because the way this went down. Without inside knowledge, this wouldn't have gone down. Riley would have gotten talent when he could (thus eliminating cap space) to keep his superstar happy.

We are consumers and this product stinks. If I'm an owner, I'm locking these players out for as long as I can. As an owner, I'm looking at it saying to myself 'we have no chance, especially when their players get 5 steps and 'never' foul. It's over even before it begins, why commit and shell out millions of dollars when I'm not making a profit? Make the players union understand why they are locked out so they can all 'thank' Lefraud and wade for their unemployment. Put an end to players calling the shots and put a competitive balance back into the league. Hell, I would suggest that the other 29 owners agree to keep the lock out on and force Miami to make a trade. And you know which one would go. It would no longer be Wade country.
The reason these players live a country club lifestyle after their playing days, is because of us, the consumer. This is a total slap in the face of every other club in this league. Lock them out and waste these two chumps careers.

I just don't get why someone like a Celtics fan is so mad. Or a Boston fan in general for that matter. You're some of the most spoiled sports fans in the world over the past decade, you have multiple Super Bowls, World Series, AND an NBA championship. You would think that'd be enough to keep you guys from bitching for another couple decades.

Save these kind of rants for fans that actually deserve them, you're far too spoiled.
c2asante
Sophomore
And1: 5

Post#26 » by c2asante » Thu Jun 2, 2011 2:12 am

The game drew huge ratings in Cleveland where they just cant let go
mh_3
Senior

Post#27 » by mh_3 » Thu Jun 2, 2011 2:15 am

HOW IS THIS BAD FOR THE NBA!?!?!? You people are watching! No matter how much you hate LeBron or the Heat in general.

1st, it was the 9-8 start and how this was all a mistake.
2nd, BumpGate.
3rd, it was that 5 game losing streak and not being able to beat elite teams.
4th, LeBron was unclutch.
5th, CryGate.
6th, not being able to beat Boston.
7th, not being able to best Chicago.
8th, how now that we're successful, it's bad for the NBA and Stern should stop these superstars from joining together.

Lol you guys are amazing.
celtics792244
Rookie
And1: 794

Post#28 » by celtics792244 » Thu Jun 2, 2011 2:42 am

mh_3 wrote:HOW IS THIS BAD FOR THE NBA!?!?!? You people are watching! No matter how much you hate LeBron or the Heat in general.

2nd, BumpGate.
5th, CryGate.
8th, how now that we're successful, it's bad for the NBA and Stern should stop these superstars from joining together.

Empty seats in several teams arenas with teams losing money... two cities that both took a dramatic economic hit. When it hits the people's wallets (bars, food establishments, merchandising, ect.) people generally take bigger notice. Don't think that this isn't a black eye in the overall perception of the league. ESPN, to their credit, did an entire episode on this.
mh_3
Senior

Post#29 » by mh_3 » Thu Jun 2, 2011 2:57 am

celtics792244 wrote:
mh_3 wrote:HOW IS THIS BAD FOR THE NBA!?!?!? You people are watching! No matter how much you hate LeBron or the Heat in general.

2nd, BumpGate.
5th, CryGate.

Empty seats in several teams arenas with teams losing money... two cities that both took a dramatic economic hit. When it hits the people's wallets (bars, food establishments, merchandising, ect.) people generally take bigger notice. Don't think that this isn't a black eye in the overall perception of the league. ESPN, to their credit, did an entire episode on this.

And don't you think the blame could be on the GM's of those teams? Not getting the right personnel around the stars? And please don't come with that bulls**t about winning it by yourself. Basketball is a TEAM game. TEAM'S win championships. Not individual stars. Bosh and LeBron felt they didn't have the right pieces around them to contend. Bosh could barely make the playoffs.
Vides990
Starter
And1: 972

Post#30 » by Vides990 » Thu Jun 2, 2011 3:15 am

celtics792244 wrote:Maybe we should consider building our little self esteem on our own instead of going to the local foot locker and getting our little wussie #3 jersey and strapping it to our little chicken hawk chest, eh? :P

Its too bad you dont have the right to give back every single Boston Celtics Championship, because you know those teams were so fair for the legue, with Red Auerbach being smarter then everyone at everything........Don't hate now because Lebron and Dwade are smarter and better than your guys.
Preemptively joining the Bucks and Twolves bandwagons.
boyboy142
Pro Prospect
And1: 44

Post#31 » by boyboy142 » Thu Jun 2, 2011 3:20 am

Surprising to me. So many people have stopped watching the NBA forever because of the Heat, Stern, and the Refs.
mh_3
Senior

Post#32 » by mh_3 » Thu Jun 2, 2011 3:26 am

So because your Celtics aren't competing every year now, this is what you would do if you were an owner? Forcing the Heat to call this quits is unfair and unjust and just makes me believe you are the biggest hypocrite in the world. You want to say them being together is unfair. Your a Celtics fan, so you were ecstatic when you got the Big 3. (Oh and I guess Stern's refs are as graceful to the Celtics. How many illegal screens does KG have htat are not called? How many times does Rondo flop?). Now what if Stern would've decided to make you guys trade Pierce? How would you feel then?

Finally the Celtics and Lakers are not in the Finals and now everyone wants to change the landscape of the NBA.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,279

Post#33 » by celticfan42487 » Thu Jun 2, 2011 5:04 am

History will forever look at this Heat team with an

DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#34 » by DEEP3CL » Thu Jun 2, 2011 5:11 am

In the end the numbers overall won't come close to the Lakers and Celtics 7 game series, because this one won't go 7.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
fishfuego.
General Manager
And1: 8,594

Post#35 » by fishfuego. » Thu Jun 2, 2011 5:49 am

Your post IS garbage.
Shkodran_Plako
Starter
And1: 395

Post#36 » by Shkodran_Plako » Thu Jun 2, 2011 6:34 am

why do they say miami vs dallas, cmon now every1 knows it should be lebron vs dirk, because those are the people generating these ridiculous ratings
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,488

Post#37 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu Jun 2, 2011 6:39 am

Because a casual fan tunes in to watch the Heat fail and lose?
Shkodran_Plako
Starter
And1: 395

Post#38 » by Shkodran_Plako » Thu Jun 2, 2011 6:45 am

Sadly, everything on this post is the truth, only people that will deny it are the current heat bandwagon fans
bostonHEATparty
Sixth Man
And1: 355

Post#39 » by bostonHEATparty » Thu Jun 2, 2011 6:46 am

(In my best Steve Erwin voice)

"Look at the celtics fans come from out of the woodwork, after a long hibernation period they are looking to attack anything they can!"

Come on now, are we resorting to this? I was really hoping for a for celtics-lakers series, because they are so rare.

At first, it was "unfair".. Then as they lost and looked silly and couldn't finish it was, LOL at the heat, they suck. Now we are here, and its unfair again. The fuel the media and fans like you have provided them with gave them the motivation needed to pull through to atleast this point.

Sorry your product and viewpoint are ruined. The ratings are up. Seems like a good product.
Bravely Done wrote:it'd be sadly boring seeing Miami swept against OKC.

DetriotPistons wrote:This whole"positionless basketball" idea is a joke. The Heat are lucky the east is so embarrassingly bad
Don Draper
General Manager
And1: 506

Post#40 » by Don Draper » Thu Jun 2, 2011 7:12 am

The hypocrisy is strong within this one.
soda wrote:I will never, ever, ever vote for a socialist. I'd vote for a member of the KKK first. I'd vote for Hitler first, because the Nazis have less blood on their hands

This is the state of modern day political discourse.

Return to The General Board