Mechanical flaw in Wade's jumper?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Hon-essim
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Re: Mechanical flaw in Wade's jumper? 

Post#41 » by Hon-essim » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:01 am

The MVPlaya wrote:
Hon-essim wrote:Except that Wade is still more consistent and efficient than Lebron.

Except we're only talking about shooting, and LeBron is by far a better shooter than Wade.

I was only talking about shooting. Lebron might be a better volume shooter (emphasis on might) but there isn't any clear disparity to say Wade is a worse shooter especially since Lebron isn't exactly a great shooter by any means.

It's a lot like with Jordan. Are there tons of better shooters than Jordan on paper? Sure. But when they need a shot, they hit it more times than they don't especially if it's wide open. Wade is similar. Part of that can be attributed to shot selection, part of that can be attributed to mental fortitude but teams can shut down guys like Lebron and Kobe where as Wade has shown he can rise up over teams like Boston to a point where you can't discount even his shooting.
Gerhalt11 wrote:What? He produces better results than he should? Fire that guy!

No coach. No GM. Probably no star. I swear, in my 23 years of following this team, I can't name a stranger time than this moment to be a supporter of the Magic.
The MVPlaya
Starter
And1: 33

Post#42 » by The MVPlaya » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:31 am

Hon-essim wrote:
The MVPlaya wrote:
Hon-essim wrote:Except that Wade is still more consistent and efficient than Lebron.

Except we're only talking about shooting, and LeBron is by far a better shooter than Wade.

I was only talking about shooting. Lebron might be a better volume shooter (emphasis on might) but there isn't any clear disparity to say Wade is a worse shooter especially since Lebron isn't exactly a great shooter by any means.

It's a lot like with Jordan. Are there tons of better shooters than Jordan on paper? Sure. But when they need a shot, they hit it more times than they don't especially if it's wide open. Wade is similar. Part of that can be attributed to shot selection, part of that can be attributed to mental fortitude but teams can shut down guys like Lebron and Kobe where as Wade has shown he can rise up over teams like Boston to a point where you can't discount even his shooting.

Ummm, whatever way you want to spin it dude, but LeBron is a much more consistent shooter than Wade. The only year Wade put up a season even comparable to LeBron's this year in terms of shooting, was in '09 (and even then, it's not really comparable). I don't know where Wade's jump shot went after that season. This year, it's not even close. LeBron's shooting has improved far beyond where Wade's jumper is.
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#43 » by RJM » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:40 am

Wade has a mechanical flaw in his jumper?

25.5 PPG, 50% FG, 30% 3PT FG%, 75.8% FT [this year]

I'll take it.
See5
Junior
And1: 18

Post#44 » by See5 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:59 am

Who is this Hon-essim guy? His posts are hilarious. :lol:
rockmanslim
General Manager
And1: 5,289

Post#45 » by rockmanslim » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:47 pm

3 pointer in 4th Q of Game 1 of the finals

click

"Harden's a guy that averages 26 in the NBA, but if he was on the playground with you he'd only average about 5 because they wouldn't let him get those free throws." --Scott Hastings, April 6, 2013

Motivated-Baron
Senior
And1: 1

Post#46 » by Motivated-Baron » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:17 pm

That's the jumpshot version of Shaq's freethrow.

Return to The General Board