Rick Barry " LeBron coaches should be ashamed of themselves"

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

druggas
Head Coach
And1: 5,146

Re: Rick Barry " LeBron coaches should be ashamed of themsel 

Post#61 » by druggas » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:19 pm

James is perfect example of a player who has never heard the word "no" before.

But he is the perfect example of a player who is quick to blame everyone else for his shortcomings.
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,696

Post#62 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:32 pm

druggas wrote:James is perfect example of a player who has never heard the word "no" before.

But he is the perfect example of a player who is quick to blame everyone else for his shortcomings.

Without reading the other posts I was about to say the same thing. The guy was so good growing up that I assume the coaches just let him do whatever he wanted without saying a word. As for as I know Spoelstra was one of the first people to try and discipline James and the result was that Wade and James somewhat turned on him. At some point James needs to tale responsibility for his actions.
*Insert witty signature here.*
Prop
Veteran
And1: 34

Post#63 » by Prop » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:46 pm

druggas wrote:James is perfect example of a player who has never heard the word "no" before.

i love how people attribute statements from lebron stans/media types/old players/etc. directly to lebron james, as if HE'S the one constantly "blaming everyone else for his shortcomings". and it's not even just bron, this happens with other players too, and it's dumb as hell.
BubbaTee
Head Coach
And1: 546

Re: Rick Barry " LeBron coaches should be ashamed on themsel 

Post#64 » by BubbaTee » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:37 pm

Chris435 wrote:
BubbaTee wrote:

He doesn't need to fix anything. With that much talent in Miami, he's bound to get to the finish line at least once.

If he's content with where he is now, then I agree, he doesn't need to fix anything.
ShawnBradley
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#65 » by ShawnBradley » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:42 pm

The only thing Lebrons coaches are at fault for, along with everyone else in his circle is never saying "NO" to him.
BubbaTee
Head Coach
And1: 546

Post#66 » by BubbaTee » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:43 pm

redux46 wrote:Had he gone to college perhaps there may have been an opportunity for him to develop a stronger hunger for winning. He would've been barred from receiving millions which would've simplified his life and focused him on his sole goal of winning. The competition would've also been exponentially higher than what he face in high school.

I don't see this. Being a star college player isn't exactly the hard life. I don't see how it would have simplified his life to be partying on Frat Row during rush week, or having everyone on campus tell him how great he was 24/7. The media would still have been chasing him around, they were already showing his HS games on national TV.

Plus, the inferior competition in college would have allowed Lebron to dominate without exposing the flaws in his game. If anything it would make him more complacent.
stl705
Senior
And1: 152

Post#67 » by stl705 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:54 pm

I agree about the media craze. Besides, didn't he have a Hummer in High School?? Might be more media than the university thinks it will get
picc
RealGM
And1: 17,764

Post#68 » by picc » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:56 pm

Its strange that Wade has such a better post-game than James does. I can't pinpoint any specific time that Wade began to post up, but he looks very natural and comfortable doing it. James doesn't. Maybe its as simple as that, and the only way he knows how to use his size is to bowl to the rim and finish.

There are some things guys are uncomfortable and awkward with no matter what. Maybe posting up is James's.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#69 » by ManualRam » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:02 pm

picc wrote:Its strange that Wade has such a better post-game than James does. I can't pinpoint any specific time that Wade began to post up, but he looks very natural and comfortable doing it. James doesn't. Maybe its as simple as that, and the only way he knows how to use his size is to bowl to the rim and finish.

There are some things guys are uncomfortable and awkward with no matter what. Maybe posting up is James's.

i dont think its strange. wade has good footwork, lebron doesnt.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo

Return to The General Board