Steroids should not be banned in NBA

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

devmil
Senior
And1: 82

Steroids should not be banned in NBA 

Post#1 » by devmil » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:00 pm

Most Players will do everything they can to impress their fans, coaches, owners even sports writers etc. because it will directly/indirectly lead to a higher pay day. It means driving in for a layup recklessly. Throwing their bodies for a ball going out of bounds most likely knowing they can't save it. Dunking hard knowing their wrists and ankles will suffer. Many players will also play through injuries which will most likely effect them later on their lives. Most NBA players know they can't play this way throughout a 82 game season but if they don't people will call these players who play reserved as being 'soft'.
So when a player decides to throw his body out there for the sake of his performance and for the fans, risks breaking his neck they are heroes, but players who risk their bodies through enhancement drugs are cheaters? I applaud them for being courageous enough to risk all the side effects from steroids to improve their performance. It means that they care. They want to improve. Why are they labelled as cheaters? The people who ban the drugs are the themselves cheaters. They are cheating by depriving honest players from competing. They are scared to risk their bodies so they instead forbid others from doing what they are scared to do.

NBA should give out technicals to players who dive for lose balls. It's so dangerous diving onto a hard floor. An Australian rugby player died from a tackle two days ago so rugby should forbid tackling. Danger is always part of any job!
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Re: Steroids should not be banned in NBA 

Post#2 » by HMFFL » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:05 pm

I'm locking this up to save my fellow mods and I the hassle. Making them legal in the Olympics would be a start before we discuss the NBA.

Return to The General Board