Best post player in the NBA

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

7-Day Dray
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Re: Best post player in the NBA 

Post#101 » by 7-Day Dray » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:49 pm

JrueTheFuture wrote:
Kayjay wrote:al horford's name needs to be in this thread at least. very complete game

Al Horford's post game is HORRENDOUS. It was an absolute pain watching him try to post up in the playoffs, his post moves look so unorthodox and robotic.

THIS. I don't no how his name even got mentioned in this thread. His post game is a HORROR to watch. That's why I think he's overrated. He can't take over in the post late in games. He's a jumpshooter that benefits from floor spacing.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#102 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:10 pm

crucifixx wrote:To everyone here that thinks this is garbage:

It comes to this, if there's two players, player A has a huge amount of post moves but doesnt score as much/as efficiently, compared to player B that don't have any post moves at all but score more and more efficient in the post? Does that make player A a better post player than player B?
That's like saying Rondo is a better shooter than Kevin Martin because Rondo has a better form. When in fact the numbers proved otherwise. You can have as many drop steps, jump hooks, sky hook, whatever kinds of hooks as you want, if you're not putting the ball into the hoops, it really doesn't matter, does it?

No actually, this is more like looking at Rondo and saying he is a career 49% shooter from the field who has had 2 seasons above 50%, therefore he is a better shooter then Ray Allen, Michael Redd and Ben Gordon.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Chronz
Starter
And1: 467

Post#103 » by Chronz » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:18 pm

Lmfao at the use of the eyeball test to counter synergy stats, newsflash, synergy allows you to WATCH EVERY post play, I doubt your eyes and your flawed brain function can recall every damn post play.

If you want to argue against his selection your going to have to use his own stats against him, its not impossible when you consider brons low usage in the post, but saying bron is horrible or never draws doubles or that the guy doesn't watch the games is **** hilarious. Step your game up.
Ruhiel
Lead Assistant
And1: 45

Post#104 » by Ruhiel » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:28 pm

how often does Lebron go to the post compared to more post-area oriented players.

Post-area being defined as 15 feet in where you're out there pivoting?

I'd bet Synergy would say Lebron does not spend a high percentage of plays in the pivot area.
short corner elbow area back to basket etc.

Does Synergy note who was defending him? Because I saw a non-defender in Vujacic in 1 play.
koogiking
Veteran
And1: 1,080

Post#105 » by koogiking » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:40 pm

Look at who guarded Lebron in those plays.

Deron Williams? A 6 foot 3 point guard? Are you serious?

Sasha Vujacic? Mario West? DJ ****ing Augustin?

None of the guys who guarded him in those videos were talker than 6 feet 6. The majority of the were 6foot 3 to 6 foot 5. DJ Audustin is 5'11.

Lebron only posts up when their are extreme mismatches. If Lebron failed while posting up these guys, it would really be an absolute shame.
knicksosmoove
Lead Assistant
And1: 23

Post#106 » by knicksosmoove » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:42 pm

^^^ yeah that's true. I distinctly remember him getting traveling calls posting up against Ray Felton and JJ Barea last season which is pretty pitiful.

Return to The General Board