How come DRose hasn't played any Pro-AM games?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,142

Re: How come DRose hasn't played any Pro-AM games? 

Post#41 » by CjayC » Thu Oct 6, 2011 3:24 pm

He played one game in the Philippines with Kobe and some other players, but besides that he's been marketing for Adidas and working on his game in private.
Ron Harper
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#42 » by Ron Harper » Thu Oct 6, 2011 3:28 pm

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:People trying to characterize it as Rose being mature or more serious about the game are naive. Its a clique thing, these guys are playing with friends, its the reason its always the same group of guys more or less.

Rose's friends in the NBA aren't really that involved with that clique, guys like Westbrook and Curry, or his teammates Noah and Deng. I'm sure if Joakim Noah had a charity game, Rose would participate.

Nah, Rose just doesn't like to play pick up ball. He's said this a few times
Keith Bogans does his job. Boo Hoo. You want him to quit?
orangeparka
Head Coach
And1: 187

Post#43 » by orangeparka » Thu Oct 6, 2011 3:36 pm

Probably working out on his own.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,458

Post#44 » by Foye » Thu Oct 6, 2011 3:55 pm

Pickup games are useless. No defense = you won't get better. It's no real test and you don't get out of your comfort zone and it doesn't help improving your basics either because you're just going to play like you always do.
If you want to become a better player pickup games are not the way to go. You gotta make it competitive instead of no-defense games.

Rose, Love, Westbrook and Mayo are doing it right. Working out together to become even better players. I expect big things from them next season.

Don't know why Love hasn't tried to bring in a good big man, to go at each other, though.
He could only benefit from working out with a guy like Aldridge or Chandler. Even training with a guy like Chuck Hayes would help him improving defense and low-post skills.

Grizzlies also showed a lot of work ethic by putting together a mini-camp on their own.
Gladly, my Timberwolves will do it, too, in a few days. They'll benefit from that.
Prop
Veteran
And1: 34

Post#45 » by Prop » Thu Oct 6, 2011 4:06 pm

because he's too busy punching babies in their smug little faces.
WeAreVenom
Head Coach
And1: 325

Post#46 » by WeAreVenom » Thu Oct 6, 2011 5:16 pm

mid-post wrote:
lilojmayo wrote:OJ lives on the same street as Tony Allen in Memphis

Why am I not surprised you know this?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You gotta love the guy.
theboomking
Sixth Man
And1: 20

Post#47 » by theboomking » Thu Oct 6, 2011 5:38 pm

Rose wouldn't get much out of the pickup games. Derrick has already arrived as an established star. The things Rose needs to work on probably wouldn't benefit from that environment.

I don't think any of this matters. The guys that are playing in the pickup games are all also working out. Playing a pickup game once every couple weeks isn't going to mess up their preparation.
Durant just loves playing a little streetball. Unless he gets injured, it isn't like his his game will suffer. Wall looks like he is trying to build himself back up after spending most of his rookie season playing through injuries. We wouldn't be seeing all of these pickup games if we weren't in a lockout.

I hope Mayo does look great this year. The more talent in the league the better. However, I have the same doubts as most on the board. I didn't see a radically different player in Mayo's Impact league highlights. He still looks like he lacks the first step to regularly beat defenders off the dribble.

Return to The General Board