Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter future

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who has the brighter Future

Bobcats
24%
Pistons
76%

Total votes: 154

princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Re: Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter future 

Post#81 » by princeofpalace » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:10 am

Sik Infant wrote:
I've seen you in a decent amount and no I'm not attacking you and my argument is sound.

I rarely post on the GB, so now I know your B-Sing, just like the rest of your argument.
Elden Payton
RealGM
And1: 2,591

Post#82 » by Elden Payton » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:13 am

mrblunt wrote:
Sik Infant wrote:I think it's funny how people are 'experts' on the Bobcats but obviously don't watch them play.

There's a reason we don't watch them play. They are a horrible team to watch. Who wants to watch Kemba jack up shots, or Mullens trying to be Dirk. You act if Biyombo is a Mutumbo type player who in all honestly wasn't that great. Henderson has made strides but he's an average player at best, and most likely a good bench player. Bobcats have some of the worst eye for talent. They even brought in huge busts like Kwame Brown and Tyrus Thomas to their team. Their team is full of horrible shooters and no leaders. They are doomed until they can find a special player to build around, and right now they have none. I'll take Monroe's future any day of the week over Bobcats roster entirely.

Even when the Bobcats were half-decent noone ever watched them play...no national games equals no exposure.

Dikembe was great btw but that's not my statement, your post is factual I will agree but they're in not as bad a shape as many would have you believe.

Of course they need a special player but most high lotto teams do, I have a lot of faith in Kemba and Biyombo and I believe that Mullens and Henderson will be invaluable roleplayers for us for years.

For the record Kwame Brown was extremely solid for us and I wish he was still a Bobcat!!
Elden Payton
RealGM

Post#83 » by Elden Payton » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:14 am

princeofpalace wrote:
Sik Infant wrote:
I've seen you in a decent amount and no I'm not attacking you and my argument is sound.

I rarely post on the GB, so now I know your B-Sing, just like the rest of your argument.

LOL, believe what you want but I haunt all of Realgm and usually lurk more than I post.

For the record I don't BS either.
Johnlac1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,605

Post#84 » by Johnlac1 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:15 am

I'm not a fan of either team, but after seeing both play a fair amount of times through League Pass, at this juncture, the Pistons are obviously more talented. But they're also better coached. With a better coach, the Bobcats might have won about five more games. Watching the Bobcat's stagnant offense is offensive. The Bobcats do have a lot of very young players with promise. Henderson, Mullens, and Walker all average double figures or close to it. Some of their other players are young and not without potential. Biyombo is only 19, but has had some impressive (though rare) outings. So let's say they either don't get Davis or their no. 1 refuses to play next year. The Bobcats have to go with the same players they have this year. How many games do they win? About 20-25. That's assuming that all their young players improve a minimal amount from now until next season which is in the realm of possibility. (I'm also assuming they get a better coach) With Davis, they might win 30-35 games. So how about the year after that with the present crew? Again without acquiring a top talent, they'll be mired near the bottom for an indefinite period of time. The Pistons have more talent and are a little better coached. Getting Davis and having a frontline with Davis and Monroe might be enough to get the Pistons in the playoffs. They'd still need another top flight player to contend for the title.
edquantum
Rookie
And1: 298

Post#85 » by edquantum » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:16 am

Bobcats has no talent and no future at all, at least 2 more seasons. They probably hope to get Davis as their saviour, that's 75% it won't happen.
Elden Payton
RealGM

Post#86 » by Elden Payton » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:22 am

Johnlac1 wrote:I'm not a fan of either team, but after seeing both play a fair amount of times through League Pass, at this juncture, the Pistons are obviously more talented. But they're also better coached. With a better coach, the Bobcats might have won about five more games. Watching the Bobcat's stagnant offense is offensive. The Bobcats do have a lot of very young players with promise. Henderson, Mullens, and Walker all average double figures or close to it. Some of their other players are young and not without potential. Biyombo is only 19, but has had some impressive (though rare) outings. So let's say they either don't get Davis or their no. 1 refuses to play next year. The Bobcats have to go with the same players they have this year. How many games do they win? About 20-25. That's assuming that all their young players improve a minimal amount from now until next season which is in the realm of possibility. (I'm also assuming they get a better coach) With Davis, they might win 30-35 games. So how about the year after that with the present crew? Again without acquiring a top talent, they'll be mired near the bottom for an indefinite period of time. The Pistons have more talent and are a little better coached. Getting Davis and having a frontline with Davis and Monroe might be enough to get the Pistons in the playoffs. They'd still need another top flight player to contend for the title.

Best post in this thread imo.
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#87 » by MaceCase » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:27 am

Sik Infant wrote:
MaceCase wrote:Best case scenario?

Anthony Davis and Biyombo are a lottery team again next year because a team still needs to be able to score the ball and who exactly is doing that in Charlotte?

Anthony Davis and Greg Monroe (and let's not **** kid ourselves as if the Pistons don't have a good shot at him too) is a playoff team next year because that is a perfectly balanced frontcourt.

Hell, the Pistons can end up with any number of picks outside of #1 to pair guys like Drummond, Robinson, Jones III, Jones, even Henson with Monroe and be on the cusp of a brighter future. The Bobcats are **** with anyone but Davis. Not good odds.

People try to use the Bobcats being in the lottery as a knock but what do they think they're doing, the best case scenario for Charlotte is to be in the high lottery next year.

No knock but what's the best case scenario for Atlanta? Would you rather be you guys than us?

I would bet my kidney that we will win a title before you guys.

Really, more baseless pot shots? I'd give an actually credible argument about how multiple teams having multiple lotto picks over years but none ever being or having the potential to be franchise changers, how Atlanta actually has multiple tradeable assets and upcoming capspace, is currently missing an All NBA-All Star and yet is still in competition for a top seed in the East, blah, blah, blah but I guess all that will be wasted on your emotions so I'll just go with

"too bad your liver will be destroyed over you drinking yourself to death following the Bobcats." :wink:
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
Elden Payton
RealGM

Post#88 » by Elden Payton » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:32 am

MaceCase wrote:
Sik Infant wrote:
MaceCase wrote:Best case scenario?

Anthony Davis and Biyombo are a lottery team again next year because a team still needs to be able to score the ball and who exactly is doing that in Charlotte?

Anthony Davis and Greg Monroe (and let's not **** kid ourselves as if the Pistons don't have a good shot at him too) is a playoff team next year because that is a perfectly balanced frontcourt.

Hell, the Pistons can end up with any number of picks outside of #1 to pair guys like Drummond, Robinson, Jones III, Jones, even Henson with Monroe and be on the cusp of a brighter future. The Bobcats are **** with anyone but Davis. Not good odds.

People try to use the Bobcats being in the lottery as a knock but what do they think they're doing, the best case scenario for Charlotte is to be in the high lottery next year.

No knock but what's the best case scenario for Atlanta? Would you rather be you guys than us?

I would bet my kidney that we will win a title before you guys.

Really, more baseless pot shots? I'd give an actually credible argument about how multiple teams having multiple lotto picks over years but none ever being or having the potential to be franchise changers, how Atlanta actually has multiple tradeable assets and upcoming capspace, is currently missing an All NBA-All Star and yet is still in competition for a top seed in the East, blah, blah, blah but I guess all that will be wasted on your emotions so I'll just go with

"too bad your liver will be destroyed over you drinking yourself to death following the Bobcats."

Sorry for that 'strong' post too and yes I agree that's a baseless potshot.

I just meant I'll back the team actively trying to (re)build into a contending team.

That was no knock at Atlanta personally, I could have used the Hornets over the Magic etc..

I don't drink but if I did I'd probably be dead already after following the Bobcats their whole entire existence.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#89 » by shangrila » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:45 pm

Johnlac1 wrote:I'm not a fan of either team, but after seeing both play a fair amount of times through League Pass, at this juncture, the Pistons are obviously more talented. But they're also better coached. With a better coach, the Bobcats might have won about five more games. Watching the Bobcat's stagnant offense is offensive. The Bobcats do have a lot of very young players with promise. Henderson, Mullens, and Walker all average double figures or close to it. Some of their other players are young and not without potential. Biyombo is only 19, but has had some impressive (though rare) outings. So let's say they either don't get Davis or their no. 1 refuses to play next year. The Bobcats have to go with the same players they have this year. How many games do they win? About 20-25. That's assuming that all their young players improve a minimal amount from now until next season which is in the realm of possibility. (I'm also assuming they get a better coach) With Davis, they might win 30-35 games. So how about the year after that with the present crew? Again without acquiring a top talent, they'll be mired near the bottom for an indefinite period of time. The Pistons have more talent and are a little better coached. Getting Davis and having a frontline with Davis and Monroe might be enough to get the Pistons in the playoffs. They'd still need another top flight player to contend for the title.

The Bobcats have a stagnant offence because their team sucks, not because of the coaching. Walker is the same low efficiency scorer he was in college, Biyombo blocks and rebounds and usually does little else, Henderson is a role player on a good team, Mullens isn't even ON a good team, etc, etc.

Blaming their record on coaching is a cop out. They suck. Everyone who thinks otherwise needs to take a real long look at that roster.
KING CB4
Bench Warmer
And1: 34

Post#90 » by KING CB4 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:16 pm

Pistons.
doc.end
General Manager
And1: 191

Post#91 » by doc.end » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:31 pm

bstein14 wrote:Joe Dumars has proven he can build a winner.

I agree Darko was pretty good for Timberwolves. The Answer is great.
doc.end
General Manager

Post#92 » by doc.end » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:31 pm

Stun704 wrote:
darth_federer wrote:I agree. Both teams need to improve internally or they are going to keep overpaying roleplayers.

Since getting Rich Cho we haven't overpaid anyone actually we've been very conservative.

With the exception of Cory Higgins.
doc.end
General Manager

Post#93 » by doc.end » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:35 pm

I love how for vast majority of RealGM posters future means the very next season.
LionOfLannister
Junior
And1: 7

Post#94 » by LionOfLannister » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:22 pm

Pistons. This could only change if Bobcats get Davis. Otherwise their roster is really sad. Most of their "talented young pieces" are pretty mediocre. I don't think there is a single player on their team who should be more than a 4th or 5th option at best. You don't wind up as one of the worst teams in NBA history because you have a bright future.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#95 » by ComboGuardCity » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:33 pm

This thread has it all. A bobcat fan saying he's glad his team isn't the playoff bound Atlanta hawk. The human pylon being called a defensive anchor. Gerald Kobe Henderson being an elite defender.

If you had a defensive anchor and a premier perimeter defender you don't lose that many games.
doc.end
General Manager

Post#96 » by doc.end » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:06 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:This thread has it all. A bobcat fan saying he's glad his team isn't the playoff bound Atlanta hawk. The human pylon being called a defensive anchor. Gerald Kobe Henderson being an elite defender. Happy treadmill walkers.

If you had a motivated defensive anchor and a motivatedpremier perimeter defender you don't lose that many games unless they get no help.

Fixed.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#97 » by ComboGuardCity » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:17 pm

I'd rather be a fit treadmill runner than an unmotivated obese bobcat. Calling the Pistons a treadmill team makes no sense.
Jan_Sobieski
Banned User
And1: 12

Post#98 » by Jan_Sobieski » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:27 pm

Pistons after they Amnesty / deal with CV will be good. Frees up some cash for FA. They good.
JustinSane
Bench Warmer
And1: 62

Post#99 » by JustinSane » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:48 pm

I'm a Pistons fan, but I think this is actually pretty close.

Jordan<Gores
Cho>Dumars
Silas<Frank
Monroe>Biyombo (but I'm quite high on Biyombo, this is not an easy call)
Knight=Walker (Walker is a better player right now, but he's also a year and a half older, and Knight has made steady progress. Additionally, Knight just plays/works insanely hard and IMHO other Pistons have gradually stepped up their effort to come closer to matching it. It's an intangible thing but I think it has real value).
Stuckey>Henderson (Stuckey has been very, very good when healthy this season. He's an offensive catalyst in a way I don't think Henderson can be. He puts pressure on a defense. With a healthy Stuckey, the Pistons are an average team. With an injured Stuckey, they started 4-20.)
Rest of the Rosters: Eh, whatever. I'd take Jerebko over any remaining Bobcat, but the Bobcats have a few more semi-promising young players. Pistons have better veterans.

So basically, Charlotte if and only if they win the Unibrow Lottery. If not, slight edge to Detroit.
Stun704
Lead Assistant
And1: 226

Post#100 » by Stun704 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:04 pm

Even if the bobcats miss out on Anthony Davis and get one of Thomas Robinson/MKG/Andre Drummond i'd give the edge to the bobcats, worst case scenario they get Drummond

Kemba
Henderson
Corey Maggette(Tank Commander but OLD)
Andre Drummond(6'11 270lbs PF who was the fastest player on the uconn team)
Bismack Biyombo

has a better future then

Brandon Knight
Rodney Stuckey(OLD)
Tayshawn Prince(OLD)
John Henson
Earl Monroe

Piston fans expect to make the playoffs next sesaon, bobcats are tanking again, so lets say they get the #2 pick next year after gettin the # pick this year

Kemba
Shabazz Mohammed
Quincy Miller - With '13 Potland pick
Andre Drummond
Bismack Biyombo

Add a mid first rounder on the bench

Brandon Knight
Rodney Stuckey(OLD)
Tayshawn Prince (OLD)
John Henson
Earl Monroe
Pimpwerx wrote:I was a fan of the Lakers...Yankees... It took me almost a decade to become a fan of the Miami teams...I know it's frowned upon, but if you can look at it as an outsider, it's easier to understand why it happens. PEACE.

Return to The General Board