How Long Before Billy King Is Fired?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

WillyJakkz
RealGM
And1: 3,430

Re: How Long Before Billy King Is Fired? 

Post#41 » by WillyJakkz » Thu May 31, 2012 10:29 pm

JDizzel3000 wrote:
WillyJakkz wrote:Image

Keeping this one really simple for all a you out there.

I (among others) called it shortly after that the Deron Williams trade was absurd (giving up WAY TOO much for a hope and a prayer) THEN this guy compounds the problem by GIVING AWAY a lotto pick (again on a hope and a prayer) for an expiring Gerald Wallace who wants to "C(r)ash" (bad pun) in one final big payday for a chance to get Dwight Howard.

I have always felt like Proky or should I call him "Porky" (from the movie Porky's since has has as bad a business tactics as that dude) brought in Jay -Z who allegedly had "the inside track on LeBron" just cause that dude was throwing up Roc signs in his earlier years, hired Avery Johnson, a not do much but yell kinda coach, and Billy King, a guy who has proven to be in WAY over his head (w/ the assets the Nets HAD, they shoulda had MUCH MORE to show for it, but instead, he squandered them....all) to show LeBron that he had people of color in high ranking positions which ultimately backfired on Proky AND the Nets.

What a damn shame.

Anyway, I don't advocate people losing their job but f*ck that, how long before Billy King is fired followed shortly by the "Lil' General"?

And I'm not even a Nets fan.

WTF ...... some of you people are sad man ... never amazes me

What would really amaze me is if you actually think they were hired for their basketball cognizance.

If he really was trying to make a basketball statement he woulda got the right basketball people in there from the get go.

Instead, this is what he got.

You don't agree w/ it, that's on you for being blind.
FlipTSO
Banned User
And1: 24

Post#42 » by FlipTSO » Thu May 31, 2012 10:48 pm

So far Billy King has traded the 2010 3rd pick, 2011 3rd pick, 2012 6th pick, and an All-Star PG in Devin Harris, all to acquire players that MAY someday lead to the acquistion of Dwight Howard.

When you figure for that package, he probably could've just traded all that straight up to ORL and gotten Dwight directly, it has to be the worst GM planning in the history of sports.
Scorpion King
Lead Assistant
And1: 666

How Long Before Billy King Is Fired? 

Post#43 » by Scorpion King » Thu May 31, 2012 11:04 pm

WillyJakkz wrote:
JDizzel3000 wrote:
WillyJakkz wrote:Image

Keeping this one really simple for all a you out there.

I (among others) called it shortly after that the Deron Williams trade was absurd (giving up WAY TOO much for a hope and a prayer) THEN this guy compounds the problem by GIVING AWAY a lotto pick (again on a hope and a prayer) for an expiring Gerald Wallace who wants to "C(r)ash" (bad pun) in one final big payday for a chance to get Dwight Howard.

I have always felt like Proky or should I call him "Porky" (from the movie Porky's since has has as bad a business tactics as that dude) brought in Jay -Z who allegedly had "the inside track on LeBron" just cause that dude was throwing up Roc signs in his earlier years, hired Avery Johnson, a not do much but yell kinda coach, and Billy King, a guy who has proven to be in WAY over his head (w/ the assets the Nets HAD, they shoulda had MUCH MORE to show for it, but instead, he squandered them....all) to show LeBron that he had people of color in high ranking positions which ultimately backfired on Proky AND the Nets.

What a damn shame.

Anyway, I don't advocate people losing their job but f*ck that, how long before Billy King is fired followed shortly by the "Lil' General"?

And I'm not even a Nets fan.

WTF ...... some of you people are sad man ... never amazes me

What would really amaze me is if you actually think they were hired for their basketball cognizance.

If he really was trying to make a basketball statement he woulda got the right basketball people in there from the get go.

Instead, this is what he got.

Ya totally agree. If he was about Winning he would not have hired this guys. Lebron like kanye prefer to work with certain people and it cost porky but whatever people will not agree
JDizzel3000
Analyst
And1: 1,043

Post#44 » by JDizzel3000 » Thu May 31, 2012 11:34 pm

WillyJakkz wrote:

Defiant ...Willful Ignorance is truly a sad thing ....hopefully its not to late for you
BBgun
Analyst
And1: 1,210

Post#45 » by BBgun » Thu May 31, 2012 11:50 pm

Shaheen wrote:I would do the Deron Williams trade again if I had the chance.

Harris was just a scrub, Favors looks like nothing more like a role player (I seriously doubt he will ever be more than a Kris Humphries type), so the only real asset we gave up was the pick in 2011 which ended up being Enes Kanter lol.

You do that trade 90% of the time.

Billy King also drafted well and made decent signings.

But his blunder of the Wallace trade was just abysmal. I don't know what the **** he was thinking and if he can't get Deron to resign because of that move he should definitely be fired.

Harris certainly isn't the allstar he was in NJ, but I still think hes serviceable. He did have a horrible first half to this season but bounced back nicely in the second half. Still though, I agree hes not that important but hes better than a scrub.

Sorry...Favors looks like considerably more than a role player IMO. A guy that put up 15 and 11 per 36 in only his second year and still has incredible upside...next step for him is to get the starting gig with over 30 mpg and see what he can do from there.

and I wouldn't lol at Kanter either...dude is 19 years old with very limited basketball experience who averaged 12.5 and 11.5 per 36 in his rookie year. Way too soon to act like he won't amount to anything, it'll be quite the opposite I think.

Bottom line is that I don't think that deal was worth a rental of Deron Williams...if they could keep him long term, then absolutely...but what you said after is completely correct. The latest trade for Gerald will have a big impact on whether Deron re-signs, as will the potential acquisition of Dwight. If neither happens and they lose out on a potential great player as well via the draft, then it makes both deals look horrendous when viewed as one move.
WillyJakkz
RealGM

Post#46 » by WillyJakkz » Fri Jun 1, 2012 12:00 am

JDizzel3000 wrote:
WillyJakkz wrote:

Defiant ...Willful Ignorance is truly a sad thing ....hopefully its not to late for you

"Oh Lawd, he done got all dicshunary on me na, whut he sayin' mussin' be true! Whut I'ms gon' do na oh lawd whut I'ms gon' do!"

One day if you're blessed enough to see how the business world at times works, you'll think back to this thread.

K.nowledge R.ules S.upreme O.ver N.early E.verybody

"Nearly"...
JDizzel3000
Analyst
And1: 1,043

Post#47 » by JDizzel3000 » Fri Jun 1, 2012 12:11 am

WillyJakkz wrote:
JDizzel3000 wrote:
WillyJakkz wrote:

"Oh Lawd, he done got all dicshunary on me na, whut he sayin' mussin' be true! Whut I'ms gon' do na oh lawd whut I'ms gon' do!"

One day if you're blessed enough to see how the business world at times works, you'll think back to this thread.

K.nowledge R.ules S.upreme O.ver N.early E.verybody

"Nearly"...

Oh the Great Irony in the Bolded ......Impressively ...Your Buffoonery Has Yet to Cease My Amazement ...
BlueDawn
Starter
And1: 57

Post#48 » by BlueDawn » Fri Jun 1, 2012 12:14 am

No, you're just racist assuming Billy King and AJ have their jobs because they are of "color", you ignorant fool.
12-70. Never Forget. Moment of silence for all the fans lost during that battle.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#49 » by The Rebel » Fri Jun 1, 2012 2:38 am

BlueDawn wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
BlueDawn wrote:We wouldnt be in this position right now if Dwight didn't ounk out. Arghghhh.

Making moves with the idea that another team and player outside of your control is going to follow your plan exactly is a dumb move. The fact that Wallace was the backup plan, and they gave up their best trade chip to get him is also a dumb move. but the dumbest move was trading a bunch a good young big, and multiple lotto picks for Williams, and not being able to build anything around him for a year and a half while you are waiting for a guy who is under contract with another team, and has no ties to your franchise.

I would normally agree....if Howard didn't want to come here :rolls:

Wants to come there so bad he agreed to decline his option instead of being traded for a month to another team and getting the option to sign with whoever he wants.
WillyJakkz
RealGM

Post#50 » by WillyJakkz » Fri Jun 1, 2012 3:43 am

BlueDawn wrote:No, you're just racist assuming Billy King and AJ have their jobs because they are of "color", you ignorant fool.

Explain why a Russian billionaire decided to bring in a hip hop mogul as a "face of the franchise" w/ plans of moving the team to said hip hop mogul's hometown of Brooklyn w/ hopes of luring a certain prominent young black athlete who is a product of the hip hop environment whose click is a tight knit group of young brothas who'd just happened to be tossin' up the Roc sign thinking he'd use said mogul's influence on the younger generation to persuade said prominent young black athlete.

Not only that but then "lettuce" take a look at the predominantly white FO of Cleveland vs what we could do here to also help influence said athlete & his click to become a part of the Nets.

Hmmm, "lettuce" hire a middle aged black GM AND a middle aged black head coach as somewhat of a figurehead and also as someone said athlete and click can relate to if not business-wise then definitely color-wise.

Problem was, said athlete didn't go for all of that fake hustle as he was clicking up w/ not only his dudes but a very intelligent MAN in Pat Riley who's genuineness trumped ANYTHING the Nets could offer and that was the simple FACT that Riles had done it all and won it ALL before.

You can't sell someone of LeBron's caliber on a damn dream when he is fully capable of making his dream a reality and that is what Proky, w/ all of his BILLIONS never banked on.

Karma for doing New Jersey grimey by haulin' ass like that.

#NowWhat?
BlueDawn
Starter

Post#51 » by BlueDawn » Fri Jun 1, 2012 3:56 am

@Rebel

"DwightHowardRegretsSigningWaiverDotCom"

@Willy

Okay, let me break out the tinfoil...

So why was't Billy and AJ fired after striking out on Lebron?
Why didn't "porky" hire a puerto rican GM/Head Coach to lure Carmelo?
Or Ronald McDonald and Soap MacTavish for Dwight?

:rofl:
12-70. Never Forget. Moment of silence for all the fans lost during that battle.
Storm Surge
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#52 » by Storm Surge » Fri Jun 1, 2012 4:02 am

That Wallace trade had all sorts of wtf on it.

The Deron trade was worth it though.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#53 » by The Rebel » Fri Jun 1, 2012 4:40 am

BlueDawn wrote:@Rebel

"DwightHowardRegretsSigningWaiverDotCom"

:rofl:

so Howard regrets signing the waiver, does not change that he signed it. When the chips were down he did not have the balls to force his way to anywhere on his list which may or may not contain more then 1 team. What's to say he has the balls to do it next year? Truth is the Nets went all in on a stupid plan, with no guarantee and no backup plan, it has backfired on them, and maybe they can convince the Magic to take their package, but for some reason I doubt it, as I personally would take Andrew Bynum straight up for Howard before I would take what the Nets could put together in a package. And that is not bringing up the packages many other teams could put together even if for only a 1 year rental of Howard.
BlueDawn
Starter

Post#54 » by BlueDawn » Fri Jun 1, 2012 4:52 am

The laughing face wasn't for you, Rebel.

But I do agree with those points. Also, it wasn't really a stupid plan if we were one ballsy move from a certain soft hearted center. Being all in and no guarantee means the same thing. It's a huge risk/reward. It's not over yet, we shall see where the Nets (and Billys job) stands in one months time. I won't disagree the Wallace trade was ill advised, but I'd do the rest again because we possibly were a healthy Lopez/Farmar and the rest of the team away from a 7th/8th spot in the playoffs seeing how we were only 4 games behind 8th late in the season with a lineup that featured Wallace and Sheldon Williams.

Return to The General Board