How Long Before Billy King Is Fired?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

GettinitDone
Head Coach
And1: 2,933

Re: How Long Before Billy King Is Fired? 

Post#21 » by GettinitDone » Thu May 31, 2012 3:44 pm

Prokhorov is showing King his machine gun collection, "in Russia we do things differently when someone screws up."
sefant77
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#22 » by sefant77 » Thu May 31, 2012 3:45 pm

So my guess is that King thinks the Nets fans are retards, he still insists that "Wallace would hold more value for the Nets "win now" philosophy than anyone taken at #6".

So i guess he tries to ignore that with Wallace opting out they DONT him right now. Either their pick.They have their cap which means they not even need his bird rights.
Rockice_24
Starter
And1: 816

Post#23 » by Rockice_24 » Thu May 31, 2012 3:50 pm

BK needs to throw everything he has left at Orlando and hope they bite. You pair D-Will/Dwight you can plug in crap around them and still have a good team. Losing the pick really hurts their chances but if Dwight really wants Brooklyn then they most certainly still have a shot.

Lopez/Brooks/Picks (HOU pick plus future 1st's isn't a bad start for Orlando just probably not the best they can get. Still Dwight can help the Nets out if he flex's his muscle and wants to got there. It worked for Melo and can work for Dwight.

The Nets aren't completely dead yet but may be soon.
sefant77
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#24 » by sefant77 » Thu May 31, 2012 3:54 pm

And how they want to beat the Heat with 2 "Superstars" and trash when the Heat have three with solala roleplayer?
-[Clippers]-
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#25 » by -[Clippers]- » Thu May 31, 2012 3:56 pm

UnderdogKnicks wrote:Billy King has so much in common with Isiah :lol:.

What? No he doesn't. If Isiah lost out on Dwight, he'd have traded DWill and Lopez for Hedo or something.
starquest52
Banned User

Post#26 » by starquest52 » Thu May 31, 2012 3:57 pm

Not soon enough IMHO
LoveDaBoo
RealGM
And1: 1,961

Post#27 » by LoveDaBoo » Thu May 31, 2012 4:27 pm

-[Clippers]- wrote:

What? No he doesn't. If Isiah lost out on Dwight, he'd have traded DWill and Lopez for Hedo or something.

The day is young.
Step 1: instead of "ass" say "buns." Like "kiss my buns" or "you're a buns-hole."
Woj: The NBA's Dickie Dunn.
BBgun
Analyst
And1: 1,210

Post#28 » by BBgun » Thu May 31, 2012 4:33 pm

Its not even a guarantee that Wallace will be kept. So, potentially they have traded Derrick Favors, Enes Kanter, Devin Harris, and the 6th overall pick in a deep draft for a year and a half of Deron Williams, and 15 games of Gerald Wallace if Deron ends up leaving.
UnderdogKnicks
Starter
And1: 40

Post#29 » by UnderdogKnicks » Thu May 31, 2012 4:39 pm

-[Clippers]- wrote:

You're just exaggerating they have plenty in common. Every move they did were win now moves and they did horrible free agent signings and trades. If Deron Williams leaves IMO he did a lot worse than Isiah given the situation he had and their opportunity to improve their roster in a lot of ways. Isiah already started out in a very bad situation and he tried to win with it which was stupid but blame Dolan and which u could also blame Proky for wanting to win as soon as the Nets move to Brooklyn. Starting with missing out on Lebron + others in 2010 free agency they signed Travis Outlaw and Johan Petro to horrible contracts but Anthony Morrow signing was alright.

Then after missing out on Melo they were still desperate for a star and instead of rebuilding on drafts he traded Derrick Favors, Harris, and 2 1st round picks, 1 of them being a #3 overall pick(Enes Kanter) which is a lot for 1 1/2 years of Deron while knowing this is a huge gamble cause u don't know if he would resign. This is a move Isiah would loves since he loves gambling on wat he think is huge potential (Eddy Curry) but problem with Isiah was he can't judge talent.

The Nets were basically all in on Dwight at this point and once they found out he is staying in ORL for at least 1 more year they panicked and traded 1 year of Gerald Wallace with a player option for top 3 protected 2012 draft because they wanted to show DWill this team is talented and can win and also since they only liked 3 prospects on board in this deep draft :lol:. This was 1 of the worst trades of all time given the situation that they could still have a chance for Dwight with their pick, it was only for 1 year, and he just wasn't worth it. This gamble is a move only Isiah would probably make and it failed to pay off and now Gerald Wallace isn't even guaranteed to stay with the Nets after 1 year. If the Nets lose DWill and GWall he would be worse than Isiah if u look at wat they started with.

If they lose out on DWill and GWall:

Derrick Favors, Devin Harris, 3rd overall pick(Enes Kanter), 6th overall pick 2012, GSW 6th overall protected till 2014 for 1 1/2 Deron + 15 games of GWall.
Classics :

Knicks, Giants, Yankees, Rangers
RutgersBJJ
General Manager
And1: 125

Post#30 » by RutgersBJJ » Thu May 31, 2012 5:48 pm

With so many competent and promising executives working in front-offices that continue to dominate the league (OKC and SA) it makes me wonder how King was able to get this job. His track record in rebuilding the 76ers after their run didn't exactly inspire confidence he could rebuild another team.

The Nets started their sell-off in 2008 and it is now 2012. They have nothing to show for it. If Deron leaves this summer they will look at another 2010 failure because they will still have to sign players to get to the minimum salary threshold. That means you're looking at a RFA max contract offer to Lopez and significantly overpaying more bad to mediocre role players. Incompetent, short-sighted management influenced by their owner who doesn't understand the league or what it takes to build a team in it.

Sounds like the Isiah days and Prokky is just another Dolan.
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012
Shaheen
Banned User

Post#31 » by Shaheen » Thu May 31, 2012 6:08 pm

I would do the Deron Williams trade again if I had the chance.

Harris was just a scrub, Favors looks like nothing more like a role player (I seriously doubt he will ever be more than a Kris Humphries type), so the only real asset we gave up was the pick in 2011 which ended up being Enes Kanter lol.

You do that trade 90% of the time.

Billy King also drafted well and made decent signings.

But his blunder of the Wallace trade was just abysmal. I don't know what the **** he was thinking and if he can't get Deron to resign because of that move he should definitely be fired.
Shaheen
Banned User

Post#32 » by Shaheen » Thu May 31, 2012 6:13 pm

Rockice_24 wrote:BK needs to throw everything he has left at Orlando and hope they bite. You pair D-Will/Dwight you can plug in crap around them and still have a good team. Losing the pick really hurts their chances but if Dwight really wants Brooklyn then they most certainly still have a shot.

Lopez/Brooks/Picks (HOU pick plus future 1st's isn't a bad start for Orlando just probably not the best they can get. Still Dwight can help the Nets out if he flex's his muscle and wants to got there. It worked for Melo and can work for Dwight.

The Nets aren't completely dead yet but may be soon.

Honestly, the Knicks deal would not be much different than that kind of a deal.

Lopez, Brooks, Morrow, Houston pick, and two of our picks is our best hope at this point.

Problem is all the Lakers have to do is say Andrew Bynum and its over.
Yungsta404
Bench Warmer
And1: 470

Post#33 » by Yungsta404 » Thu May 31, 2012 6:17 pm

Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant
And1: 382

Post#34 » by Jersey Generals » Thu May 31, 2012 6:47 pm

WillyJakkz wrote:I have always felt like Proky or should I call him "Porky" (from the movie Porky's since has has as bad a business tactics as that dude)...

Wait, what? The dude is a billionaire. I'll take his supposed "bad business tactics" if it gets me a billion dollars.

Plus, he's probably going to be selling the team in a year or two anyway.
WillyJakkz
RealGM
And1: 3,430

Post#35 » by WillyJakkz » Thu May 31, 2012 7:01 pm

Jersey Generals wrote:
WillyJakkz wrote:I have always felt like Proky or should I call him "Porky" (from the movie Porky's since has has as bad a business tactics as that dude)...

Wait, what? The dude is a billionaire. I'll take his supposed "bad business tactics" if it gets me a billion dollars.

Plus, he's probably going to be selling the team in a year or two anyway.

Wait, what? (See I can do that, too)

If Proky is probably gonna sell the team in a year or two anyway then he wasn't really all about winning as he initially said.

Btw, I'd be PISSED (All CAPS) if I were him, King turned all of those assets into crap.

Like a rich kid squandering his deceased hardworking father's inheritance.
EntropyPR
Banned User
And1: 2,381

Post#36 » by EntropyPR » Thu May 31, 2012 7:04 pm

Yungsta404 wrote:http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/221321/Nets_Have_No_Regrets_About_Trading_Lottery_Selection :lol:
Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant
And1: 382

Post#37 » by Jersey Generals » Thu May 31, 2012 7:20 pm

WillyJakkz wrote:Wait, what? (See I can do that, too)

Um...okay? Congratulations, you learned how to type. Now just work on learning that a billion dollars is a lot of money and you'll see the error of what you said in that specific sentence I quoted.

If Proky is probably gonna sell the team in a year or two anyway then he wasn't really all about winning as he initially said.

Being that he originally wanted to buy the Knicks, and only soured when Dolan forced him to buy the Rangers, as well, and then only agreed to buy the Nets because Ratner forced him to do so in order to buy into the Atlantic Yards project, his bravado about winning was just that: bravado.

Btw, I'd be PISSED (All CAPS) if I were him, King turned all of those assets into crap.

Like a rich kid squandering his deceased hardworking father's inheritance.

Not really. All Prokohorov wanted was a star going into Brooklyn so he can market him. If Deron stays, then Prokohorov won't really care because he'll have that star, which he can use to either sell the team (but not his stake in Barclays) or make a killing in Europe with.
BlueDawn
Starter
And1: 57

Post#38 » by BlueDawn » Thu May 31, 2012 7:20 pm

The Rebel wrote:
BlueDawn wrote:We wouldnt be in this position right now if Dwight didn't ounk out. Arghghhh.

Making moves with the idea that another team and player outside of your control is going to follow your plan exactly is a dumb move. The fact that Wallace was the backup plan, and they gave up their best trade chip to get him is also a dumb move. but the dumbest move was trading a bunch a good young big, and multiple lotto picks for Williams, and not being able to build anything around him for a year and a half while you are waiting for a guy who is under contract with another team, and has no ties to your franchise.

I would normally agree....if Howard didn't want to come here :rolls:
12-70. Never Forget. Moment of silence for all the fans lost during that battle.
JDizzel3000
Analyst
And1: 1,043

Post#39 » by JDizzel3000 » Thu May 31, 2012 7:22 pm

WillyJakkz wrote:Image

Keeping this one really simple for all a you out there.

I (among others) called it shortly after that the Deron Williams trade was absurd (giving up WAY TOO much for a hope and a prayer) THEN this guy compounds the problem by GIVING AWAY a lotto pick (again on a hope and a prayer) for an expiring Gerald Wallace who wants to "C(r)ash" (bad pun) in one final big payday for a chance to get Dwight Howard.

I have always felt like Proky or should I call him "Porky" (from the movie Porky's since has has as bad a business tactics as that dude) brought in Jay -Z who allegedly had "the inside track on LeBron" just cause that dude was throwing up Roc signs in his earlier years, hired Avery Johnson, a not do much but yell kinda coach, and Billy King, a guy who has proven to be in WAY over his head (w/ the assets the Nets HAD, they shoulda had MUCH MORE to show for it, but instead, he squandered them....all) to show LeBron that he had people of color in high ranking positions which ultimately backfired on Proky AND the Nets.

What a damn shame.

Anyway, I don't advocate people losing their job but f*ck that, how long before Billy King is fired followed shortly by the "Lil' General"?

And I'm not even a Nets fan.

WTF ...... some of you people are sad man ... never amazes me
BlueDawn
Starter
And1: 57

Post#40 » by BlueDawn » Thu May 31, 2012 7:35 pm

^ :lol: :rofl:
12-70. Never Forget. Moment of silence for all the fans lost during that battle.

Return to The General Board